BipolarGrowth

Awakening and Mental Health

15 posts in this topic

Be careful. Awakening is more real than you. It might change you to become something new. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

Awakening is You.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Be careful. Awakening is more real than you. It might change you to become something new. 

...which is why we are pursuing awakening. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

...which is why we are pursuing awakening. 

If you don't pursue awakening, it will pursue you.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Yes. You'll plunge into the Dark Night of the Soul, a phase where the meaning of life is no longer valid. All of a sudden you're depressed and can't stop looking for the meaning of life. You're so discouraged that you start to believe it's a non-escaping phase. You're deluding yourself, of course. Don't act on it and be patient. It will pass. Then you step into awareness and everything falls into place. Life becomes meaningful once again. But it has a a different kind of meaning; an awakened one.

The bottom line is this: spirituality is good for the individual until he gives up on society and stops making contributions to those around him.

When people become passive, no longer maintaining an ordered society, it's guaranteed that everything will in fact crumble.

Edited by The Don
To correct a sentence.

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don passivity is not the end of the world. Being passive is quite enlightened in fact. I’d say you should be passive more often then not. Acceptance of what is.

14 minutes ago, The Don said:

The bottom line is this: spirituality is good for the individual until he gives up on society and stops making contributions to those around him.

When people become passive, no longer maintaining an ordered society, it's guaranteed that everything will in fact crumble.

This is only half the circle of the awakened one.  Going full circle is realizing that you give meaning to the dream and then returning to it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

You are not going through an awakening, or changing. You are the awakening itself. You don't change at all. Completely changeless.

@The Don Actually it is more of realizing the true purpose of existence which is it doesn't have any purpose other than being. And you learn that you cannot escape this, never you will escape this existence as an ego. So you go with God all the way until u are free from the ego.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@The Don You learn also that any objection you have against God, is not valid,  because God is the truth. The truth comes from that source. It is the source of the truth. So it is dumb actually to raise any objection against God since it is what it is true.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

2 hours ago, from chaos into self said:

@electroBeam everything changes. All the time. Enlightenment changes you. You are different before from after.

There's no you, wake up!

5 hours ago, from chaos into self said:

@The Don passivity is not the end of the world. Being passive is quite enlightened in fact. I’d say you should be passive more often then not. Acceptance of what is.

Passivity and acceptance are facets of detachment, not enlightenment.

5 hours ago, from chaos into self said:

@electroBeam everything changes. All the time. Enlightenment changes you. You are different before from after.

Enlightenment does not change you, it's the apparent end of you, but not the real end, since there was no real beginning.

11 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

This is only half the circle of the awakened one.  Going full circle is realizing that you give meaning to the dream and then returning to it.

Yes. I agree with that.

On the other hand, as humans, we have to be guided by a certain set of values that ensure freedom, peace and stability. For lack of better workds, an ordered society.

Enlightenment gives you accurate perception over the world and it's essential for your mental health. It's not a fairy tale story where suffering ends as you're surrounded by rainbows and butterflies.

When you're enlightened, you know what thoughts and emotions really are, as you developed an accurate perception of reality.

With that being said, we still have to work to preserve an ordered society because the dual nature of reality is inescapable.

It's okay to be spiritual and seek the real meaning of life. After a while, you'll understand that 'just being' is the meaning of everyting. But you still have to participate in society and contribute to it for the purpose of making the world a better place.

Me on the road less traveled.

12 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Personally I think its more about breaking circles than staying in one. Circular behavior is not something to strive for. A spiral is a better metaphor.

Edited by bennett oppel