Muhammad Jawad

Where do all our memories store. (In Consciousness, Mind or Brain)?

37 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing great.

According to my research & experiences, We don't have a thing called Mind. There are just a few thoughts and images appear & disappear in Consciousness And we blindly call it a Human Mind and we assume that the brain consists of all of our Memories.   

So my question is if there is no Human Mind. Then where all memories Store?

Do Memories belong to and store in Consciousness? Or there is Mind in which they store? Or in Human Brain?

Waiting for your response.

Thanks 

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

They are stored in the present moment and you imagine them directly into your direct experience and label them "memories from the past" instead of just thoughts in the now.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

6 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

They are stored in the present moment and you imagine them directly into your direct experience and label them "memories from the past" instead of just thoughts in the now.

Thanks a lot for the amazing response.

Do memories even store? Or We just imagine them directly into our direct experience without accessing them from some kind of storage in the Present moment?

Is there any difference between Consciousness & Present Moment/Now?

15 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Do memories even store?

Does a memory ever repeat?

If you have a memory of something that happened when you were a child, is it the same memory every time you have it? Or does it change each time?

If a memory is never repeated, then there is nothing to store. The memory just appears from nowhere into consciousness.

A different way to look at memory is to see it as an event that is spread out over time.

Say you eat an icecream. When does the event finish? Is it when the icecream has disappeared? No. The event carries on because you have a recurring memory of eating icecream. It is spread out over time. A bit like an echo in a cave.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

2 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Does a memory ever repeat?

Thanks a lot for your response.

2 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Or does it change each time?

Yes, It changes every time.

3 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

The memory just appears from nowhere into consciousness.

Do Consciousness needs to manifest itself into a Human body to create a memory that belongs to a previous event of that body? Or Can Consciousness access those memories without that human body as well?

For Example, Can Consciousness become aware or access Jawad's memories after Jawad's Physical Death? 

It's the other way around, the human body(s) is manifested into consciousness by consciousness itself. 

If you tell your life story to your children, then your memories will continue without your physical body even when you're still alive. You could argue that they're not your memories any more, but, each memory is different every time, so that is not a good argument. Memories don't belong to anything, they are manifestations of consciousness. Consciousness is completely free to play as it wants.

Edited by LastThursday

15 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

It's the other way around, the human body(s) is manifested into consciousness by consciousness itself. 

If you tell your life story to your children, then your memories will continue without your physical body even when you're still alive. You could argue that they're not your memories any more, but, each memory is different every time, so that is not a good argument. Memories don't belong to anything, they are manifestations of consciousness. Consciousness is completely free to play as it wants.

What If Jawad has not shared any of his memories with others. In that case, Can Consciousness become aware or access Jawad's memories after Jawad's Physical Death?

Jawad himself is just a memory that arises in consciousness. Every time you speak your name, it is a memory. You have no option but to share the memory of yourself all the time with others. People will even take pictures of that memory called Jawad.

Ah, you say! But what about my private memories, will they live on?

If every memory is different every time, then every memory is a kind of death, it will never be repeated exactly again. There are no memories to access (because they are not stored).

So as Jawad, as a memory, you are dying all the time. But you are also being reborn with each fresh memory. The definition of "me" is changing all the time. When the physical body dies, the definition of "Jawad" will change again.

2 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing great.

According to my research & experiences, We don't have a thing called Mind. There are just a few thoughts and images appear & disappear in Consciousness And we blindly call it a Human Mind and we assume that the brain consists of all of our Memories.   

So my question is if there is no Human Mind. Then where all memories Store?

Do Memories belong to and store in Consciousness? Or there is Mind in which they store? Or in Human Brain?

Waiting for your response.

Thanks 

Whose the one aware of the thought telling you there are memories?

What if right now you had just woken up... just sat up in bed...fully realizing the life of Muhammad Jawad, including the spacetime, earth, humans, etc, was a dream? Would the memories be of the dream too? More importantly perhaps, what would you do, today...with zero recollection of this alleged “Mohammed Jawad” business? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

16 hours ago, LastThursday said:

When the physical body dies, the definition of "Jawad" will change again.

Right. Thanks

16 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Whose the one aware of the thought telling you there are memories?

Me

16 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

A brain is imagined, to store the memories for you. How convenient ?

hmmm

Edited by Muhammad Jawad

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

What if right now you had just woken up... just sat up in bed...fully realizing the life of Muhammad Jawad, including the spacetime, earth, humans, etc, was a dream? Would the memories be of the dream too? More importantly perhaps, what would you do, today...with zero recollection of this alleged “Mohammed Jawad” business? 

Right... 

Thanks a lot for your response.

I will contemplate this. 

Superficially, it would seem that memories are experiences stored in the brain. We forget 99% of our experiences, and the ones that we remember are very distorted and biased. But the idea of the brain being the storage medium can be disproven if one is open to profound anecdotes.

Some people have been able to 'remember' past lives, particularly young children who recall places they have been in past lifetimes. They have been known to recall events that can be verified - events which occurred before their birth.

In many near-death experience reports, people have left their 'dead' bodies and overheard conversations in other rooms. Those conversations have been later recalled and verified, including by medical practitioners. Where could such a memory be stored if the brain is dead at the time?

The after-death process of 'life review' indicates that everything is stored. I think it would be beyond our scope from a human perspective to define God's hard drive server. But it is there!

Edited by No Self

If the thoughts aren't stored anywhere, then why does memory have to be stored somewhere? What is a memory but a thought?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Memory is interesting subject, if you take dreams for example, you can hold memory of dream world , which has nothing to do with your real world, only thing in common in all of this is that none of these states know where "you" came from , but all of them can hold vague memory of your past and things around you. 

Edited by Claymoree

Hi!

I hope you are doing well.

Thanks for the guidance.

4 hours ago, No Self said:

But the idea of the brain being the storage medium can be disproven if one is open to profound anecdotes.

Right

Some people have been able to 'remember' past lives, particularly young children who recall places they have been in past lifetimes. They have been known to recall events that can be verified - events which occurred before their birth.

hmmm

In many near-death experience reports, people have left their 'dead' bodies and overheard conversations in other rooms. Those conversations have been later recalled and verified, including by medical practitioners. Where could such a memory be stored if the brain is dead at the time?

hmmm. Exactly...

I think it would be beyond our scope from a human perspective to define God's hard drive server. But it is there!

Right...

Amazing Points.

Thanks a lot :-)

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

If the thoughts aren't stored anywhere, then why does memory have to be stored somewhere? What is a memory but a thought?

I think "No Self" has said that Memory gets stored in Consciousness.