Chris365

Enlightenment in 3 months

8 posts in this topic

"

...the first step will be to continue remembering “I am” constantly; simply, “I am.” Do not say “Ram,” do not say “Shyam.” Do not use any name, because you are not that. Simply use, “I am.”Try it in any activity and then feel it. The more real you become inside, the more unreal becomes the surrounding world. The reality becomes “I,” and the world becomes unreal. The world is real or the “I” is real – both cannot be real. You are feeling that you are just a dream now; then the world is real. Change the emphasis. Become real, and the world will become unreal.

Gurdjieff worked on this method continuously. His chief disciple, P. D. Ouspensky, relates that when Gurdjieff was working on him with this method, and he was practicing for three months continuously this remembering of “I am, I am, I am,” after three months everything stopped. Thoughts, dreaming, everything stopped. Only one note remained inside like eternal music: “I am, I am, I am, I am.” But then this was not an effort. This was a spontaneous activity going on: “I am.” Then Gurdjieff called Ouspensky out of the house. For three months he had been kept in the house and wasn’t allowed to move out.Then Gurdjieff said, “Come with me.” They were residing in a Russian town, Tiflis. Gurdjieff called him out and they went into the street. Ouspensky writes in his diary, “For the first time I could understand what Jesus meant when he said that man is asleep. The whole city looked to me as if it was asleep. People were moving in their sleep; shopkeepers were selling in their sleep; customers were buying in their sleep. The whole city was asleep. I looked at Gurdjieff: only he was awake. The whole city was asleep. They were angry, they were fighting, they were loving, buying, selling, doing everything.” Ouspensky says, “Now I could see their faces, their eyes: they were asleep. They were not there. The inner center was missing; it was not there.” Ouspensky said to Gurdjieff, “I do not want to go there any more. What has happened to the city? Everyone seems asleep, drugged.”

Gurdjieff said, “Nothing has happened to the city, something has happened to you. You have been undrugged; the city is the same. It is the same place you moved around in three months ago, but you couldn’t see that other people are asleep because you were also asleep. Now you can see because a certain quality of awareness has come to you. With three months of practicing ‘I am’ continuously, you have become aware in a very small measure. You have become aware! A part of your consciousness has gone beyond dreaming. That is why you can see that everyone is asleep, dead, moving, drugged, as if hypnotized.” 

Ouspensky says, “I couldn’t bear that phenomenon – everyone asleep! Whatsoever they are doing, they are not responsible for it. They are not! How can they be responsible?” He came back and he asked Gurdjieff, “What is this? Am I deceived somehow? Have you done something to me that the whole city seems asleep? I cannot believe my own eyes.” But this will happen to anyone. If you can remember yourself, then you will know that no one is remembering himself, and in this way each goes on moving. The whole world is asleep. But start while you are awake. Any moment that you remember, start “I am.”I do not mean that you have to repeat the words “I am,” rather, have the feeling. Taking a bath, feel “I am.” Let there be the touch of the cold shower, and let yourself be there behind, feeling it and remembering “I am.” 

"

https://www.osho.com/osho-online-library/osho-talks/ouspensky-self-remembrance-awareness-b53b7e05-80e?p=af9ec71b252757d57af922eff2e9bbbc

Nice share!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This was also Nisargadatta's instruction. To hold attention on the felt sense of "Aware Presence","I Am",or "Being". Another way to word it is just "simply being with being". This is also what Lahiri Mahasaya referred to as the Pravastha state,or "state after Kriya". The tranquil state.

If I were to suggest any practice it would be this one. Good post.

1 hour ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

This was also Nisargadatta's instruction. To hold attention on the felt sense of "Aware Presence","I Am",or "Being". 

I was thinking exactly the same.

Thanks @Chris365 for sharing!!!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

A very similar experience occurred here after months of spontaneous meditation periods(every 2 hrs or so)

I woke one morning with a still mind and noticed everyone running the rat race and completely tangled in what I refer to as the socially conditioned mind matrix. They seemed as slave robots completely identified with there conditioned minds and completely unaware of it....it was shocking and yet ordinary because I completely understood what was going on. 

Simultaneously it was recognized that this ME character I believed myself to be was also a consequence of social conditioning....it became loose like a house of cards and collapsed.

Just pure luminous emptiness is what was left and also recognized as having always been the case.

This is Samadhi Enlightenment Liberation Nirvana ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Thank you my beloved for this!

You're taking me back to the beautiful state. May you be blessed (it is already the case). 

I'm going to keep on reading this beautiful Book of Secrets. Thanks for the link provided.

Reminds me of this statement from Master Spira in his Meditation: The Jewel of The Self: 

Have the clarity to see clearly that to which we refer when we say I am.

Have the courage to stand as that at all times, under all circumstances, and in all situations.

Namaste.