electroBeam

Sleep Insomnia

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys for the past month or 2 whenever i sleep i feel a bliss that radiates everywhere and dissolving and then after a few hours i wake up feeling overly energised and can't get back to sleep. If i take melatonin to go back to sleep ill wake up again in another hour or 2.

This is a considerable health risk because lack of sleep is disruptive to your daily activities, and in the long term.

I feel energised when i wake up but this whole thing is causing very bad fatigue throughout the day.

Doctors are fucked on the issue.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Edited by electroBeam

For your last meal eat high protein. Example beef steak.

That should stop all that offal bliss your experiencing. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Member not sure if you are joking or not.. but that's some pretty unsafe advice

.@electroBeam consider looking into cortisol:dhea testing. It may be that you have a rapid spike of adrenal hormones at night. Sometimes people experience this. Make sure to do salivary not blood test.

Health Blog - Educational deep-dives each month 

Instagram - Easily digestible info on men's health, chronic disease, longevity and nutrition. 

Feel free to reach out for a confidential discussion about a health issue you are currently struggling with  

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

@Member not sure if you are joking or not.. but that's some pretty unsafe advice

I'm not joking lol. I would choose alcohol anytime instead of pills. But this should be a temporary solution, not encouraging drinking alcohol all the time. For me, beer worked better than psychiatric pills. My mother has chronic insomnia and her pills were not efficient. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone but for me this was the magic pill.

Edited by Member

@electroBeam Just out of curiosity, how much and how often do you meditate? What you are describing sounds similar to what I experienced in my first year of meditation. You might benefit from a regular exercise routine.

15 hours ago, Michael569 said:

.@electroBeam consider looking into cortisol:dhea testing. It may be that you have a rapid spike of adrenal hormones at night. Sometimes people experience this. Make sure to do salivary not blood test.

@Michael569 Once again brilliant. 

Are you eating a ketogenic diet by any chance? What you describe sounds like a catecholamine rush

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior 👎

7 hours ago, ivory said:

@electroBeam Just out of curiosity, how much and how often do you meditate? What you are describing sounds similar to what I experienced in my first year of meditation. You might benefit from a regular exercise routine.

been meditating for ages

I do what the cool dudes adviata vedanta people do and meditate/contemplate 24/7 ;) jks. I meditate all the time, but contemplate whenever I feel like it which is usually maybe 1-3 hours a day. 

16 hours ago, Michael569 said:

excellent idea

53 minutes ago, UDT said:

@Michael569 Once again brilliant. 

Are you eating a ketogenic diet by any chance? What you describe sounds like a catecholamine rush

sure am, 20 carbs or less for the last 2 years woop woop (not advocating people do this, it can be unhealthy from a certain perspective, even though it works wonders for me). 

There's actually a bliss energy all the time, and it just gets much bigger at night, never thought it could be adrenaline or catecholamine from the low carbs. Nice. 

ketones keeping me up at night, im gonna tell all my low carb friends to show off ;) 

A very informative video on why you should eat a keto diet:

Edited by electroBeam

19 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@electroBeam are you sure the melatonin is not causing this? 

that's a good point.

It was happening prior to the melatonin.

Michael569 has some siddhis or something because 2-3 weeks ago I was getting very big spikes of adrenaline unhealthily often (clinically found) due to a psychospiritual phenomena. So it could be related to adrenaline. Diet I don't think is the problem because I've had a keto diet for ages now and this problem has only started happening now. I think adrenaline reduction tablets may be a good temporary fix until a deeper solution arises. I already have valium because the doctor gave it to me before due to the issue a few weeks ago but I don't want to use it that much. 

@integral thanks for the advice, in hindsight I came across as a bit of a smart ass because people usually aim for bliss which I forgot. Yes bliss is very good, but disruption from fatigue and lack of concentration from lack of sleep isn't good. In the past (from 2 yrs ago to a week ago) I use to eat like 2-4 chicken breasts a day, so got heaps of protein. Unfortunately that had 0 effect on whats going on.

Edited by electroBeam

57 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

been meditating for ages

I do what the cool dudes adviata vedanta people do and meditate/contemplate 24/7 ;) jks. I meditate all the time, but contemplate whenever I feel like it which is usually maybe 1-3 hours a day. 

excellent idea

sure am, 20 carbs or less for the last 2 years woop woop (not advocating people do this, it can be unhealthy from a certain perspective, even though it works wonders for me). 

There's actually a bliss energy all the time, and it just gets much bigger at night, never thought it could be adrenaline or catecholamine from the low carbs. Nice. 

ketones keeping me up at night, im gonna tell all my low carb friends to show off ;) 

A very informative video on why you should eat a keto diet:

Yea i slept pretty bad too on the keto diet

5 hours ago, electroBeam said:

ketones keeping me up at night, im gonna tell all my low carb friends to show off

This was good suggestion by @UDT, ketogenic diet can indeed be keeping you awake at night.

There is not a lot of research evidence for this but glucose deprivation can sometimes trigger these adrenaline & cortisol spike at night due to your brain possibly panicking that it has no substrates for energy production. Also your brain alone burns somewhere around 150g of glucose a day (perhaps even more) and if that is hard to come by for example by missing substrates for gluconeogenesis (making energy from non-carb sources) such as various B-vitamins, L-carnitine, alpha-lipoic acid (not suggesting you supplement) or other stuff. A lot of people doing IF have deficiencies of essential nutrients require for energy production because they rely on protein-heavy (but micronutrient poor) foods in that one eating window to match caloric needs. This gets even worse if vegan or vegetarian does IF and relies on a single meal of beans or lentils with few veggies to carrier them through. This is how metabolism is wrecked. It may be that your brain perceived itself as being starved and will wake you up to go and find food. 

Also, it appears that being in ketosis can be heavy on your adrenal glands (stress hormone-producing gland) because ketosis is a deprivation & starvation state, not a thriving state (yes this is controversial I know). Think about ketosis as your emergency mode kinda like hospital having a short-term power supply in case there is a power cut. You shouldn't live in emergency mode. It is there to keep you alive in times where (historically) sugar would have been scarce (such as famine, winter etc) but once again this is not something I was able to find a lot of research so it remains speculation from my side. 

TOO LONG DID NOT READ
Try seeing if you can do cortisol :DHEA testing. Like I said it HAS TO be salivary. Doctors only do blood cortisol but that's useless because serum cortisol is tightly regulated and does not show discrepancies. It may also be called along the lines of "HPA test" or "stress test". This helps you to identify whether your stress hormones are spiking up unnaturally at night or whether your HPA-Axis (brain to adrenal gland communication) is being disrupted. If that proves to be so, post it back on the topic and we'll try to help you out :)

Sorry if this post is overwhelming, I am not sure how to write this in an easy way, working on that :D

Good luck!

Instagram - Easily digestible info on men's health, chronic disease, longevity and nutrition. 

Feel free to reach out for a confidential discussion about a health issue you are currently struggling with  

6 hours ago, electroBeam said:

I think adrenaline reduction tablets may be a good temporary fix until a deeper solution arises.

eh...let's fix the root cause shall ;)