Guest SirVladimir

100 Days of Shamanic Breathing

38 posts in this topic

I have done shamanic breathing for 100 days, each night.

This topic follows my 60-day marathon, which I have spoken of earlier on the forum. Today would be technically day 108, but I have missed a few.

This thread serves as a canvas for what I have learned during my 100-day marathon, as a guide in which are mentioned the things to expect and watch out for if you dedicate your time to do something similar.

Technique & Setting Overview:

The following setting became routine for the breathwork:

• Night around midnight
  • Alone in a room on the floor
  • All lights or electronics off, apart from headphones & phone
  • Water served prior to each session
  • Ready to go sleep, last activity of the day

Over the 100 days, the sessions usually lasted:

• 5 minutes (50%)
  • 15 minutes (40%)
  • 60 minutes (10%)

Music:

• If the session lasts 5 minutes, played after.
  • If the session lasts longer, played during and after.
  • Tracks that have proved to be the most influential are:
    • Anything orchestral, such as Two Steps From Hell.
    • Anything instrumental, such as Narnia or Skyrim mixes.
    • Especially songs by Loreena McKennitt.
      • The Mystic’s Dream
      • Ages Past, Ages Hence
      • Beneath A Phrygian Sky

Now for the technique itself. I used to get terrible drought in my mouth before the marathon. It does not happen anymore. As anything in life, the technique will perfect itself if you practice. The state I could once achieve in 20 minutes is the state which I can evoke in less than five now.

Same as psychedelics, the breathing is not linear.

What helps to breathe properly:

Try imagining a shore. As you breathe out, imagine waves that are thrown by a gusty force onto a sea. As you breathe in, imagine the tide crawling back towards you. Breathe out – blow the waves up & away. Breathe in – visualize a slow rising tide. Please, pay heed to this: The most important aspect of this exercise is to visualize an elliptical movement.

The visualization is merely supportive. Pay attention to your breath, and imagine it repeating an elliptical pattern as you breathe. It helped me a lot with sending the air into the belly. When your body gets the rhythm and memo, it will automatize.

What to watch out for:

Some of these insights will be freely quoted from my previous threads.

1) During the first minute of the breathing, and especially during the first 20 seconds, a huge wave of fatigue may wash over you. This is nothing but the ego's illusion. I personally experience it every time I initiate the breathwork. It feels like having barely enough energy to crawl into your bed after a tiresome day. When you initiate a session, be prepared you may be molested by thoughts like "You are tired" or "You will suffocate" or “Stop it now”. You will be playing devil’s tricks on yourself; it will be debilitating, heavy, like wading through drifts of snow. Remember in the moment: This is the ego trying to persuade you through whatever means to stop the exercise. You are perceiving these thoughts, do not get attached to them. This barrier only lasts about 20 seconds for me. But it may be completely different for you.

2) Time runs differently during shamanic breathing, for its notion starts to crack. The gap between 5 and 20 minutes will feel as breathing for the first five.

3) Lay down. Do not get up during the practice. I got up from the floor once and tried to drink from an open water bottle. I grabbed it upside down without realizing what was happening. I also dropped a five-kilogram object onto my leg, and I also fell and hit my head twice by wobbling around a bed. Lay down. These are blackouts you got to watch out for. They are potentially dangerous. Lay down.

Insights:

This is what I reaped from 100 days of shamanic breathing.

Bridge Towards Being

I am humbled by the ever-present connection that sprawls between us. This is the “w” axis of an “xyz” world, the untrodden path, the childhood magic, the indescribable kernel of mysticism, the ever-flowing river that sways you. Despite my highest efforts, I will never grasp it through language, and neither will you, and this guide will be merely a singular cell in a limitless body, and I will cry for an hour because it is so beautiful.

The Body Is A Temple

All the mysticism-braided notions you have heard throughout your life; of Atlantis, of Shangri-La, of the Center of the Earth, of Aztec pyramids, of El-Dorado are within you. Your body is literally, and I emphasize the word literally, a temple. Within you splash waterfalls and shine stars, literally. This is all symbolism, yet it implies exactly what is experienced; and it can be experienced literally. Ever since childhood, I have always had special place in my heart for these notions. Yet they are all here, you are basking within them, they all celebrate you.

You Have Already Made It

You have already crossed the glorious veil. You have already made it to heaven. Congratulations. You are here! Love has never abandoned you, and it always has your back, no matter how deep you go. To quote my past commentary, the fastest method to enlightenment is realizing you already are and dropping the duality completely. You were brainwashed in the first place to believe you are something less than pure consciousness. You took the belief that you aren’t enlightened by storm & you set out on the mission to find yourself, not realizing you would be chasing your own tail. You are searching for what you already are, how comical is that? Enlightenment has no authority over you, it's not anyhow or anymore important, all those are bulwarks keeping the ego protected. You invent the notion of a "method", which implies a future-that-is-yet-to-come, and therefore pushes enlightenment infinitely far away.

When I speak of enlightenment, I speak about pure awareness of being, and I realize how tricky it is to get lost in semantics, definitions, and in what exactly is being implied. Take whatever suits you, do not pay any attention to me. I do not exist in the classical sense, I am irrelevant, for you cannot refer to anyone but yourself.

Infinite Metamorphosis

Everything is happening here simultaneously. You believe to be alive, to be on Earth, to be a human experiencing stuff around you. This is all just one narrative out of the infinitely many unfolding now. Even when you pursue enlightenment, from the human point of view, you are still constantly bombarded by thoughts like “I am a human pursuing enlightenment” or “I am reading a paragraph by SirVladimir right now”. You really are not, though, reality is simultaneously everything. When you look at the screen, it is simultaneously a coffee table, Mount Everest, a cheese; the pure consciousness, the groundless appearance which you are experiencing now is literally everything you could break down & focus on and even more. You could literally believe you are climbing Mount Everest right now. Reading this sentence could actually mean driving an ice axe into a rock. Those are the basics of how tangible reality is. You are so free that you can blindfold yourself into believing any narrative.

To give you an example – and I realize how symbolic this is, for you realize in that state how the mind is constructing these notions – last night, I experienced an entire human lifetime in a matter of seconds. Listed below is a video, which is set to 1:10. As soon as she sings “Ages Past, Ages Hence”, stop the video. That’s it. That’s how long it took to experience one life; it was a matter of 2 seconds.

https://youtu.be/g97IG3yuFBk?t=70

Life Purpose & Vision

Shamanic breathing is a golden ticket to your life purpose. Defining one can be tricky. If you remain too down to earth, the statement will be, so to say, a mere construct of an already predefined paradigm, yet if you go too nondual, the statement will always be Love. Use sessions of shamanic breathing in order to reach beyond-earth states to deconstruct your beliefs and shadows from (t)here. Your doubts will melt like lemon drops. Without shamanic breathing, I would have never written Journeys Beyond Earth and therefore never attempted to create a new book genre. But it’s coming in a matter of days, and I will make a thread about it.

I Love You

Last but not least, this hit me just yesterday, and I cried for about twenty minutes. For one paragraph, I will relax and just say my deepest thank you for being here, for pursuing the highest truths, for sharing this forum. We are perfectly alone together. You are amazing, all of you. How comical and funny it is? To share one reality, to bask in the experience, to communicate with one another, all while pretending there is society & that we are humans? What I felt when it clicked yesterday was completely out-of-earth, unimaginable, yet I am humbled by how much more there is to come. Thank you for searching for yourself.

Love you. Freaking Godspeed, spread the sails, and let’s go.

Edited by SirVladimir

Note: I will not update this thread with more reports. Consider it done. We can do shamanic breathing Q&A from now on, but I do not have all answers. 

Beatiful my man!!?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Well written? Definitely some deep insights there. Thanks for the share?❤️

@SirVladimir

Awesome man! Love the insights and totally agree.

How would you describe your state of consciousness and / or spiral dynamic stage prior to these 100 days?

And what do you feel is next for you, if anything?

Wowwwwwwwwwww

So cool :D 

I already practice shamanic by your inspiration before, which led to a deepening of how breath affects me. 

The resistance is strong with this technique, it's just very direct and very powerful.

Not as strong as 5MEO but this is very powerful in itself.

I've been practicing... Gonna work my way up to 5 mins. I think I'm doing it too forcefully so one of my obstacles has been slowing down to a sustainable pace. I like your visualisation idea so I'll try that! 

Another issue is that the tingling gets a bit overwhelming after about a minute. I wonder if that's also an ego trap

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Adamq8 @Heaven @TripleFly My pleasure to be here with you.

@aurum 

5 hours ago, aurum said:

How would you describe your state of consciousness and / or spiral dynamic stage prior to these 100 days?

A Construct-Aware individual conceptually understanding Turquoise with an gap in the Achiever Stage. Ever since elementary school, I have had a burning desire to pursue truth, and I was lucky enough to stumble upon mysticism & spirituality very soon in life. This means my 'board' was practically unscathed by decades of programming. This is both a blessing and a curse, for you can easily fluctuate between stages and you have very little to deconstruct in order to attain nondual states. This is how I imagine future society; people will have had deep introspective experiences by the time they reach adulthood. On the other hand, you are Construct-Aware and beyond without a solid foundation; you are building a house of cards from the top.

After the marathon, Turquoise states, where the models break down, are easily accessible to me, but my "baseline" so to speak still dwells at Construct-Aware, and even lower in some regards. This is mostly where I make my stand against backlashes which stem up from practicing the breathing. 

5 hours ago, aurum said:

And what do you feel is next for you, if anything?

Oh, apart from embodying higher stages and solidifying them, definitely my life purpose, 9_9 i.e. setting a new trend of reading under psychedelics worldwide. I'll make a thread about it in a week and a half, when my first book to be read under psychedelics will be released. I'll give you guys a long preview to test this activity out, to see if it works on you. This would be ideal for filling the gap at Orange as well. 

Tree hugging also. :x

Edit: I also want to get back to the basics. All the insights are starting to be a bit overwhelming. Today, for example, I'm putting on a tshirt, and the texture, the simple process of pulling it over my body, the actuality of experiencing it, the simple fact of being here are almost making me cry. It's recklessly beautiful, that's what it is. Recklessness. I want to enjoy the simple things in life. Telling parents I love them. Cooking a nice meal. Moving out & becoming independent. Graduating high school in a few months. Enjoying time with family. Being an actual human again.

Edited by SirVladimir

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I've been practicing... Gonna work my way up to 5 mins. I think I'm doing it too forcefully so one of my obstacles has been slowing down to a sustainable pace. I like your visualisation idea so I'll try that! 

You are one inspiring dude! Totally in love with you. Chill. Relax. Take it naturally. As I said somewhere previously, the breathing impacts me differently compared to what I have heard from people.

Another issue is that the tingling gets a bit overwhelming after about a minute. I wonder if that's also an ego trap

The tingling - and especially the cramps - are very real. I used to get them around the 20th minute when I started. Nowadays they appear at around the 60th minute. The profundity of the experience increases in the meantime, of course. Don't do anything harmful. I vaguely remember having cramps one day, yet I kept breathing, loosened the body & surrendered, and sort of overcame the cramp-mountain & reached a tranquil sea on the other side, where everything was peaceful once again. The funny thing is, I then sat up and looked around the room, but I was not in the third dimension anymore; that whole notion was deconstructed. So kinda awesome and mystical.

My first-ever shamanic breathing session gave me tingles, yet I was too blind to notice the bliss, the revelation, the higher state. It was McKennitt's song Beneath a Phrygian Sky, while lying in the afterglow, at which I first gawked. Music is powerful, other-worldly, it guides you. Try if you haven't yet. And take it easy. You are already amazing. Love ya, man!

2 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

Do you want to continue this practice?

@Loving Radiance I will. It became a part of my daily routine as a connection to the mystical, for I am not yet capable of basking in those states permanentlyI will not update the thread anymore, though, unless I really feel like it. 

Edited by SirVladimir

1 hour ago, SirVladimir said:

my first book to be read under psychedelics will be released

What I read under psilocybin influence makes no sense, I cannot derive any meaning from it: I could read an instruction manual for a TV and it would be the same with my favorite book. Do you think your writings are still doing something behind the scenes, if so would you suggest to try it with psilocybin?

Also, do you think SLEEP by Max Richter would be good for shamanic breathing?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Nice!!
your thread motivated me into doing my own marathon, thanks!!

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

1 hour ago, SirVladimir said:

The tingling - and especially the cramps - are very real

They are very close to the vibrational stage like when I'm about to Astral project.  I'm thinking this breathing activates that.  I think it happens real quickly for me because I'm doing this a bit too fast and aggressive.  And I didn't get cramps yet but my stomach started gurgling all night the other day and I was almost sure some stuff got activated down there ?

Oh and thanks I totally love myself too!! 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

22 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

What I read under psilocybin influence makes no sense, I cannot derive any meaning from it: I could read an instruction manual for a TV and it would be the same with my favorite book. Do you think your writings are still doing something behind the scenes, if so would you suggest to try it with psilocybin?

How high was the dose? xD It ought to stay moderate or light; this activity should not replace a full-blown trip. Psilocybin, cannabis, an even shamanic breathing are viable for getting you into the 'sweet spot'. It works for me, which flourishes hope, yet a question remains whether it will work for others too. Consider it the next chill activity for friday afternoons. I'll give you more info soon. 

Also, do you think SLEEP by Max Richter would be good for shamanic breathing?

Too shallow and repetitive for me. But I do not matter in this equation. Pick whichever music evokes the most beauty in you. This is what I would pick.

23 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

Nice!!
your thread motivated me into doing my own marathon, thanks!!

@Eren Eeager Spread your wings, beautiful butterfly. Be ready to meet backlashes, though, as in any practice. When a backlash happens, you are usually "too close to the screen" to prevent it from happening. This is completely alright. Heal yourself through forgiveness, notice that being is always here with you, the eternal cord is never broken. You are only reaching out to yourself, for you have already beaten all practices, conquered all methods, reached your destination. 

21 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

They are very close to the vibrational stage like when I'm about to Astral project.  I'm thinking this breathing activates that.

Is there a favorite method you use for astral projection? I have accomplished it a few times, but always unintentionally in my sleep or by overstepping from a lucid dream. I could never do it consciously.

If you practice the breathing before going to sleep, you may experience some wild and crazy dreams, bloody ones too (I consider it a dream-backlash). Yet for the first time, I could hear music inside one, which was quite a fascinating sight.

Having done DMT, dreams are also an unexpectedly wise option for me to recall the experience. You can literally attain nondual states of consciousness inside what we conventionally call "night dreams" without taking psychedelics. Because psychedelics are consciousness, I feel even now we are playing tricks on ourselves that we cannot reach their states without "physically" taking them. This is an uncharted territory I have yet to devote time to. Besides, taking psychedelics inside a night dream is 100% jail-proof. :D

Edited by SirVladimir

3 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Is there a favorite method you use for astral projection? I have accomplished it a few times, but always unintentionally in my sleep or by overstepping from a lucid dream. I could never do it consciously

I have consciously induced vibrational stage before, but have never astral projected from it, unless we are considering WBTB technique. I have also awoken in heavy vibrations or sleep paralysis. (sleep paralysis is typically post-vibrations I think)

like you, mostof my astral projections have been unintentional. But with WBTB I have occasionally slipped straight into body exit after a small bout of vibrations. I remember one time my legs just started floating all the way up over my head, and I suddenly realised that was strange and then rolled out of bed in Astral. 

My biggest obstacle has been relaxing body and mind enough. Hopefully the breathing will help with that. 

@seeking_brilliance The first time I experienced astral projection, everything had a blue tint, and my ears were buzzing. When I overlooked the high-pitched noise, I noticed what I can only describe as a black blob of energy beside my bed. It was starring at me, yet without eyes; it reminded me of a werewolf. I also saw an old lady sitting in the corner of my room. These both happened years ago. I barely pay attention to them anymore. Perhaps some sort of fear blockage is preventing me from projecting again.

21 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

My biggest obstacle has been relaxing body and mind enough. Hopefully the breathing will help with that. 

I'd be eager to hear how it goes. Peace really does lull you into a relaxed state. Unfortunately, I'm usually too excited after the session is over to think about astral projection because presence nails me to the cross and I splish & splosh in its waters.

Edited by SirVladimir

3 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

I'll give you guys a long preview to test this activity out, to see if it works on you

Awesome, looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

Tree hugging also. 

Wouldn't be life without it ;)

Found this video, it reminded me of your visualisation of the ocean waves.  And of course if it's too slow you can increase the video speed ?

@seeking_brilliance Actually, yes! The visualization is sort of a sinusoidal movement. It's the perfect word. Although for shamanic breathing, I'd have to quadruple the video's speed. Videos like these could be very useful for people to find their rhythm.