Parththakkar12

How do you plan to face your fears of conspiracy theories?

13 posts in this topic

I notice this logical inconsistency in the way people deal with conspiracy theories. On one hand, you say that 'Oh well, they're just ridiculous nonsense, they're just some fringe nutcases' and you laugh at them. On the other hand, you try to actively suppress them and say they're toxic, they're damaging, they're the devil basically.

Question 1 - Why the fear if they're false? Do you not believe that the truth ultimately wins? Do you not believe that if you're right and they're wrong, they will die out themselves?

Question 2 - How do you plan to face your fear of them? If you don't go down the rabbit hole and investigate with an open mind, they will just continue to be this etherial unknown that will haunt you, right? Why hold on to the uncertainty of whether they're true or false? How does the uncertainty help you?

Before you tell me they're irrelevant, they're absolutely not irrelevant. If they were irrelevant, you wouldn't fear them.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Do you think everyone who doesn't like conspiracies is afraid of them? 

Going through all of this trouble to suppress them reeks of fear.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

34 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Going through all of this trouble to suppress them reeks of fear.

Im not afraid of conspiracy theories, its very to easy to debunk them, but the problem is theyre so many of them, and some of them are so damn vague that its impossible to debunk. Take for example, flat earth, is it possible... probably not... Am i gonna waste 100s of hours debunking that shit? Hell no. Whats the point. In 50 years we will all be able to privately fly into space and then the problem will be solved, then there will be some new conspiracy theory about something else. 

Going through all this trouble to create a boogeyman also reeks of fear. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Parththakkar12 If a person comes to your home and starts saying some crazy shit at first you will laugh. But what if they don't stop?

They just keep going and then 2 hours later you just want to watch some tv and relax. But they are still going and you can't hear the tv. 

Would you still just dismiss them and laugh them off or would you get "scared" and kick them out of your house? 

Edited by Opo

It's intellectually dishonest to claim that one needs to be afraid of something to see the harm that it causes and be opposed to it.

I'm not afraid of Factory Farms, but I'm opposed to them because of the unnecessary suffering they cause, and because they contribute to Climate Change.

I'm not afraid of the philosophy of Ayn Rand, but I'm opposed to it because it gives people an excuse to feel self righteous about selfish and unhealthy behavior.

I'm not afraid of Conspiracy Theories, but I'm opposed to them because of the obvious harm that conspiratorial thinking has caused to society, and because of how toxic and unhealthy of a worldview it is for the person holding it.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

Take for example, flat earth, is it possible... probably not... Am i gonna waste 100s of hours debunking that shit? Hell no.

The Ancient Greeks first established that the Earth was round by watching ships sail into the distance. They observed that the bottom of the ships disappeared from view first. And by comparing the angles of shadows cast by sticks placed into the Earth in different locations, they also established the size of the planet with over 90% accuracy!

As for the seeming contradiction of mockery and fear, the best historical example was a man who was laughed at for the spectacle of his rambling conspiracy theories about Jews taking over the world. Then he became the most powerful man in the world and it stopped being funny.

Assumptions and Framing can be fun. . . 

How do you plan to face your fears of sunsets?

Question 1: Why do you fear sunsets if they are harmless to you? Do you fear the dark? Do you fear the sun may never rise again?

Question 2: How will you face your fear of sunsets? If you don't face your fear of sunsets, they will continue to haunt you. Does your avoidance of sunsets help you?

When creating logical constructs, be mindful of assumptions and framing of the premise. 

Dude, just watch Leo’s video on conspiracies. You’ve been trying to make some sort of contrarian incoherent point on conspiracies since this topic became a thing here and everybody that is above this topic is just hand waving what you’re saying because you aren’t saying anything of substance. Almost all of your concerns are addressed in his video.

Edited by Lyubov

9 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Question 1 - Why the fear if they're false? Do you not believe that the truth ultimately wins? Do you not believe that if you're right and they're wrong, they will die out themselves?

So you're suggesting we should adapt social darwinism and outright anarchism because what - just let the zombies eat everybody's brains? No, you kill the zombies. Just because they're brain-dead doesn't mean they won't infect other people.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Here's what infection might look like:fascinating.png

When you hear someone talk again and again about conspiracy theories, typically you also hear them talk about the joos.

14 minutes ago, commie said:

Here's what infection might look like:When you hear someone talk again and again about conspiracy theories, typically you also hear them talk about the joos.

Yes. Funny how genocidal people play victim over being called toxic. Violence against any group is violence against all of us. It is analogous to an autoimmune disease at the societal level.

https://theconversation.com/anti-semitism-is-on-the-rise-75-years-after-the-end-of-the-holocaust-and-second-world-war-132141

Some conspiracy theories can be true or at least partially true. Okay. Agreed. 

Some are not true and they are unicorns. 

4io5s3.jpg

How I face the fear? 

Well, frankly my dear I don't give a damn!!!!!!!!! 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.