Empty

If There Is No Death, Why Killing Is Wrong?!!

11 posts in this topic

The question is the same as the above..

Well, there really is no "right" or "wrong"

Why would one NOT kill given that there is no death? Well, someone who has reached the awareness to "know" that, would not want to kill someone. Why kill someone? 

Killing someone is like an escape. Someone who is at the level of awareness to accept that the contemporary paradigm of death is not true, or rather, someone who is not bound by any paradigm of death, would know that the urge to kill someone is an unresolved issue within oneself. 

Inner work, comrade, inner work. 

There is no right or wrong, only actions and consequences.

First of all, it's selfish. You are killing for your benefit, maybe because you needed to get money or you were extremely jealous, angry towards that person or you simply want to make up for your suffering and make other people feel the pain. Don't you think it's kind of selfish stealing one's life from him, all of the experiences and possibilities he would have had?  Stealing a father from his son or a husband from his wife? And probably with that ruining the life of the family.

The reason why this action is considered bad is because it leads to bad consequences, it's a karmically driven world, but Karma is not a supernatural law; it's a psychological law. When you do a selfish action and even if you don't get caught, you already suffer the consequences. You're getting into a chain of selfishness. You are going to constantly be watching over your shoulder hoping, not to be caught, emotions like guilt are going to arise, and eventually you won't be able to hold it and break.

It's bad because it makes you suffer.

As Maharaj put it : The killing kills the killer himself and not the killed ! (Something along the lines)

The question doesn't make sense.

If there is no such thing as death (as you argue), how can there be such thing as killing?

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

This is a paradoxical question. Is killing even wrong?

In the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna said that it was Arjuna's duty to kill his enemies in battle because it was his warrior Dharma (calling). The opposing army was actually Arjuna's family members. The thing was that they were unjust in their own behavior. I don't know the entire story but something along the lines of rape or forced marriages. Krishna also said, that the enemies wouldn't actually die because of them being already one with god. So, the justification was that Arjuna would be righteous in killing those who were not righteous so that it would prevent further injustice from taking place. 

I'm not advocating any kind of a doctrine in which killing is justified. It's something that needs some more debate and thinking. I guess that's what humanitarian warfare and terrorists base their philosophy on as well. What do you think?

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

Just because no one is ever really killed doesn't mean that the desire to kill is not bad. Death is not there, but the desire for violence, the motivation for violence, the violent state of mind is there. One who has a desire for violence, one who takes an interest in killing, one who feels happy killing other person, one who takes credit for killing someone - even though no one ever actually dies, the idea that he killed someone, his taking pleasure in killing, his mental belief that killing is possible - all of this is evil, sinful.

The sin is not in occurrence of violence. The sin is in the act of committing violence. The occurrence of violence is impossible, but the act of violence is possible.

When a person is committing an act of violence, two things are involved; Krishna says that the occurrence of violence is impossible, but a psychological state of violence is possible.

When Hitler is killing people, he is not in the same state of mind as Krishna is. Hitler enjoys killing; he delights in destroying, in exterminating. Whether anything actually gets destroyed is another matter, but Hitler has a passion of killing. This passion for killing is violence.

Edited by Prabhaker

On 8/26/2016 at 6:21 PM, Siim Land said:

This is a paradoxical question. Is killing even wrong?

In the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna said that it was Arjuna's duty to kill his enemies in battle because it was his warrior Dharma (calling). The opposing army was actually Arjuna's family members. The thing was that they were unjust in their own behavior. I don't know the entire story but something along the lines of rape or forced marriages. Krishna also said, that the enemies wouldn't actually die because of them being already one with god. So, the justification was that Arjuna would be righteous in killing those who were not righteous so that it would prevent further injustice from taking place. 

I'm not advocating any kind of a doctrine in which killing is justified. It's something that needs some more debate and thinking. I guess that's what humanitarian warfare and terrorists base their philosophy on as well. What do you think?

Arjuna was supposed to be upholding Dharma, not just his personal svadharma, but facilitating karma on behalf of Bhagavan.  It states clearly in the B.G. that war is needed in certain situations to keep the dharmic balance.  Common sense and logic are in harmony with this principle.  I don't think a debate is necessary as Bhagavan has it all worked out nicely.  Those who break dharma pay for it in one way or another. It's a simple law, nobody can escape it and it's been working forever.

Just my two cents

It's not. It's just that people will be in great pain as a result, and pain is another attachment that'll keep you from getting to the point of existence. You're not exempt from this; unless you're a sociopath killing someone will fuck you up.  

killing a mosquito is not wrong, why is that? killing a human being is wrong, why is that? killing a human being because its just a self defense is not wrong, why is that? And try to carefully study the word "feeling"(because it feels right or it feels wrong). This should not be done through logical statement.