Village

My experience with raw meat diet

29 posts in this topic

What makes someone start eating raw meat, you ask? Well, I'd been bloated like a 6-month pregnant woman for over 2 years. Literally every thing I ate made me suffer. I forgot what it was like to not be gassy, bloated, constipated and have diarrhea nearly everyday. My doctor suspected lactose/gluten intolerance so I cut them off one by one, and gluten-free was a tiny bit better so I never reintroduced it, but the problem didn't really go away. I was eating mostly organic; plant-based (with occasional fish/chicken and quite a lot of eggs and dairy), sugar-free (except some fruit) and gluten-free. What is considered a healthy diet by conventional wisdom, but now I can tell how bad it really is. I got into intermittent fasting for a while as well because it was less painful to just starve.

Eventually I decided to try the raw primal diet, so I got me a juicy 500g entrecote steak and ate it raw, and oh my god. My hunger was fully satisfied, but at the same time it felt like I ate nothing. It's so light, you can swallow a kilogram and get up to run a marathon. No gas, no nothing - for the first time in years.

Soon enough I was eating raw liver, raw brain, raw testicles (it's good), raw bone marrow, raw eggs, sashimi and so on. Sadly raw dairy is illegal here so I only managed to drink it once (drank 1 litre at once - was perfect) - I still consume a lot of pasteurized dairy. I also eat fruit occasionally. It's been ~5 months.

The benefits:

• Digestion problems 80% gone. I still don't tolerate plants.

• Brain fog is gone. You know that feeling of getting up to after 2-3 pathetic hours of sleep? like your brain is half shut? I used to feel like that very frequently. I got so used to it that I never expected the lucidity I have now.

• Acne is gone.

• I have much more energy, even when I sleep less than I want.

• No longer craving snacks and hungry all the time.

• Overall happier and satisfied with life.

I cannot imagine going back. I will never look at health the same way; I always thought being healthy simply means nothing hurts. Now I know it means to be euphoric all the time. Makes sense after all, this is the natural human diet. AMA I guess.

Edited by Village

Its great that your getting relief and results.

But its probably a good idea to look into the digestive issues, to understand and resolve the underlining root cause. 

Also where do you source the testicals? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I'm glad this is working for you. I'm concerned that you will have long term health issues with this diet, but it sounds like it's really turned things around for you at least for the time being. 

The planet can not support a pure meat diet, if large numbers of people take it on. At least for the sake of our environment and planet, this sort of diet should not be pursued by anyone but the most extremely dietarily challenged.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Mada_ 

Short answer, everythings perfect. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Village Have you tried cooking it? 

I've heard that cooked meat is more nutritious and I wonder if it will affect your tummy problems. 

On 10/10/2020 at 10:14 AM, Village said:

Digestion problems 80% gone. I still don't tolerate plants.

This could possibly be suggesting that the underlying issue has not been removed. Maybe it would be helpful to work with a herbalist alongside the carnivore to help you include some antibacterial and a gut cleansing protocol. If that is successful, you'll definitely be able to consume more plants. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

21 hours ago, integral said:

Its great that your getting relief and results.

But its probably a good idea to look into the digestive issues, to understand and resolve the underlining root cause. 

Also where do you source the testicals? 

I suspect SIBO/candida, gonna try and see if high meat has any effect on it. :)

Many butcheries here have them (I live in Israel), I get mine from one that sells high quality pature-raised beef from the Golan Heights.

15 hours ago, Mada_ said:

Do you have any blood test results? 

Tested a month ago and everything was fine except high HDL & LDL, which is also fine.

14 hours ago, Opo said:

@Village Have you tried cooking it? 

I've heard that cooked meat is more nutritious and I wonder if it will affect your tummy problems. 

I do cook meat sometimes, normally if it's an organ meat from a non-organic source or if it went too funky to eat raw. I don't like it as much, it makes me feel heavy and too full. Cooked meat is less nutritious as many vitamins are heat-sensitive and get destroyed in cooking.

Also, cooking doesn't make the protein more bioavailable - this notion stems from the comparison of 100g raw meat to 100g cooked meat. What's wrong with that? That raw meat has a high percentage of water which is dried from cooking, so the meat shrinks by ~25%. Then you have to add another 25g of dry meat in order to make the comparison. Essentially they compare 100g raw to ~130g cooked. Obviously it makes no sense that nutrients magically appear in a food when you heat it.

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

This could possibly be suggesting that the underlying issue has not been removed. Maybe it would be helpful to work with a herbalist alongside the carnivore to help you include some antibacterial and a gut cleansing protocol. If that is successful, you'll definitely be able to consume more plants. 

I'm fine with not eating plants, in fact I have no desire to consume antinutrients and toxins which almost every plant contains. Actually, many carnivores report becoming sensitive to plant foods, either because raw meat is so easily digestible that anything else can be felt, or because your microbiome changes to one that isn't ideal for plant digestion.

Thanks for the advice though. If it turns out that I'm not on the right track in healing the gut, I'll try a different method.

On 10/10/2020 at 0:14 PM, Village said:

Soon enough I was eating raw liver, raw brain

Never consume brain tissue uncooked or even cooked. Some animals got these nasty prions in their brains that will not get destroyed unless you cook it at 130 degrees Celsius for a  whole hour. These prions might destroy your brain over the years, leading to all sort of cognitive problems.   

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

3 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

Never consume brain tissue uncooked or even cooked. Some animals got these nasty prions in their brains that will not get destroyed unless you cook it at 130 degrees Celsius for a  whole hour. These prions might destroy your brain over the years, leading to all sort of cognitive problems.   

I've heard Joe Rogan talk about prions. 

He says that they are only harmful to the same species. So humans can't eat human brain but can cows. 

And they can't be destroyed with regular heat. 

They put them at 1000 degrees for a few hours and it didn't kill them. 

4 minutes ago, Opo said:

He says that they are only harmful to the same species. So humans can't eat human brain but can cows. 

Nope. From what I know, It can be transmitted through species.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

38 minutes ago, Village said:

I do cook meat sometimes, normally if it's an organ meat from a non-organic source or if it went too funky to eat raw. I don't like it as much, it makes me feel heavy and too full. Cooked meat is less nutritious as many vitamins are heat-sensitive and get destroyed in cooking.

Also, cooking doesn't make the protein more bioavailable - this notion stems from the comparison of 100g raw meat to 100g cooked meat. What's wrong with that? That raw meat has a high percentage of water which is dried from cooking, so the meat shrinks by ~25%. Then you have to add another 25g of dry meat in order to make the comparison. Essentially they compare 100g raw to ~130g cooked. Obviously it makes no sense that nutrients magically appear in a food when you heat it.

You contradicted yourself there. 

"Cooked meat is less nutritious as many vitamins are heat-sensitive and get destroyed in cooking." 

"Obviously it makes no sense that nutrients magically appear in a food when you heat it." 

It's complicated you should ideally eat both raw and cooked food. But if raw feels better stick with that. 

What i was referring to was that I heard that when we started cooking food our brains got bigger. But that wasn't because of bioavailability but because we could consume more calories. 

Are you afraid of getting contaminated meat and getting some kind of a disease? 

5 minutes ago, Opo said:

I'd be a bit scared about that too.

@Village have you ever tried the lectin free diet?

18 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

Nope. From what I know, It can be transmitted through species.

Yea found a few articles that say that. 

Fuck brains. 

Here is the video I was referring to. 

31 minutes ago, Opo said:

You contradicted yourself there. 

"Cooked meat is less nutritious as many vitamins are heat-sensitive and get destroyed in cooking." 

"Obviously it makes no sense that nutrients magically appear in a food when you heat it." 

It's complicated you should ideally eat both raw and cooked food. But if raw feels better stick with that. 

What i was referring to was that I heard that when we started cooking food our brains got bigger. But that wasn't because of bioavailability but because we could consume more calories. 

Where's the contradiction? :P

I heard that theory too, there's no scientific basis to it though.

Salmonella, E.Coli and such? No. Those bacteria already exist in every healthy person's gut. What is commonly referred to as salmonella is when you get food poisoning and the body produces excessive amounts of salmonella to fight off the poison. Meat of a healthy animal (pasture-raised, no antibiotics, hormones, vaccines and so on) is perfectly safe to consume raw. Factory-farmed meat is more risky and if that's the best I can get then I cook it.

So far I've never got sick.

Edited by Village

24 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

I'd be a bit scared about that too.

@Village have you ever tried the lectin free diet?

No.

5 minutes ago, Village said:

No.

You can look it up once you get tired from only meat or whatever.

I tried it and it felt pretty non/minimal-inflammatory for the gut.

Ya know eating raw meat is psychologically very difficult, putting it in the mouth, chewing and swallowing is not pleasant at first, everything our entire lives have told us its dangerous.

Got to be pretty openminded to eat raw meat in our culture. Regardless if its right or wrong.   

HAHHAHA this is disgusting. 

1 hour ago, Village said:

Where's the contradiction? :P

Oh my bad. 

Didn't pay attention. 

2 hours ago, Opo said:

I've heard Joe Rogan talk about prions. 

Some prions can be passed from non-human animals to humans. Mad Cow disease is one example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_spongiform_encephalopathy#Spread_to_humans

Chronic Wasting disease, which affects wild game like deer, may also be transmissible: https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cwd/index.html

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.