tuckerwphotography

Green to Yellow leap stories

13 posts in this topic

I'm interested in learning more about folks who made the leap from Green to Yellow. When did this happen? Were there any specific events that you attribute to this center of gravity jump? Was it slow and gradual, or a sudden shift in perception? I'm asking because I'm studying the life forces that allow one to transition as it relates specifically to the Green into Yellow jump. Potentially making a documentary about the subject. Thanks in advance for sharing.

Edited by tuckerwphotography

My story: This past March I had an unexpected mystical experience that drastically altered something inside of me. The first month or two was very surreal - my fear was largely gone, very few of my previous passions, interests and rituals seemed to fit me anymore. It was like I outgrew my old self. I remember shortly after this experience going to a workshop that was very Green-centric, and I couldn't understand why everyone was spending so much time on processing emotions and reaching consensus (all of which were previously very important to me). All I wanted to do was to engage in long, intellectual yet practical conversations about systemic solutions to the major problems facing the world, but it seemed few others were interested in this. I couldn't understand what was going on. I hadn't heard of Spiral Dynamics yet so I didn't have any map to make sense of my new reality. 

After the workshop, COVID hit and the whole world was freaking out. All I could think about was what a blessing COVID could be, a catalyst to quicken the evolution of our species in an unprecedented fashion. Of course, I also felt heartbreak for the loss of life, but instead of getting fixated on the emotional perspective it was like I was able to see the bigger picture and the moving jigsaw pieces all realigning to meet the world's new reality. Meanwhile in my personal life I felt acutely aware of my Soul/Life Purpose and the gifts that I could bring to the world, and a series of synchronicities kept bringing me further and further into the core of who I am and how I can be of service to others. An intense focus on self-actualization and self-transcendence replaced my previous passions of politics, social justice, activism, etc. It wasn't that I didn't care about these topics, but rather I could now see clearly all the various Memes at war with each other, and I knew the best way I could help our species (and Life itself) was to embody a larger, more macro and inclusive perspective that synthesized the competing factions. 

Around May, I read about Spiral Dynamics as well as Ken Wilbur's Integral Theory and also Richard Rohr's "Falling Upwards." That's around when I found Actualized.org and started piecing together what shift took place in me. This summer I couldn't stop reading book after book about systems theory, evolution of consciousness, etc. Jenny Wade's "Changes of Mind" was a really helpful map as was Susanne Cook-Greuter. I still have a lot of Green in me but no longer my center of gravity. 

Edited by tuckerwphotography

Since you asked for green to yellow, not my life story ...;) Here it is:

I read systems theory. A lot.

It's fascinating. Then I started to see systems everywhere.

Then I started to accept people where they where on SD, not demonizing anyone. Loving them for their stage their at, for their motivations etc. 

Then a lot more inner work. A lot less self bias, and ego manipulation of reality. 

For me yellow was a mix of "aha-moments" and "surrender". 

Yellow is like breathing out. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Nice topic!

I would say that I've been in the green-yellow  transition zone for the past year or so. 

Similar to your own and UDT's experience, I've been deliberately exploring systems and the theories of how they work.

After a while, you realize that you-yourself are a part of many different systems. You feel a need to care for each system, because you know that what you do "out there" can come back to bite you in the ass if you act selfishly. You simply become a lot more careful about how you act in the world, owing to higher levels of responsibility-taking. I've noticed that in the transition.

Above all, this transition has been nothing short of wonderful, but also emotionally laboring. Let me tell you, the emotional baggage that you need to carry with you as you transition gets heavy. But of course, as someone learning the yellow values, you can see that you are doing this intentionally because you have long time-horizons in mind, and you know that the baggage will be worth it!

I'm still in green 

I'll make the transition next year. 

Right now I want to experience and explore more at green before I take the big leap. 

I have made my diagram. I will progress slowly 

4gwih2.jpg

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

When i realized the limits of green and the good parts of lower stages, i started to think more holistic, my world view got progressively more complex and i took the path of self-reliance, stopped looking for answers outside and started developing my own answers. 

@Forestluv Thanks for sharing! I resonate a lot with your story. I also feel like I've always seen the world in a more holistic, big picture sense; however, I did so via the prism of humanity and analyzing people's behaviors, group dynamics and perspectives on religion, politics, consciousness, etc. I've never been the science/math type, and while today I have a much greater appreciation and integration of those realms, they're simply not my forte. 

I was a documentary filmmaker who traveled to all different types of cultures (different memes), and my job (and passion) was to see the world through other people's perspectives and synthesize world views into a coherent narrative. I think the main shift that took place was that I was doing all of this subconsciously and without any awareness of the magnitude of what I was doing. But now I see what I always understood intuitively and can fully grasp it on all levels, not just intuitively. It's wild! 

Thanks again for sharing! 

1 minute ago, tuckerwphotography said:

But now I see what I always understood intuitively and can fully grasp it on all levels, not just intuitively. It's wild! 

Wild indeed. :x

2 hours ago, UDT said:

I read systems theory. A lot.

@UDT What books were most influential for you?

1 hour ago, WonderSeeker said:

Let me tell you, the emotional baggage that you need to carry with you as you transition gets heavy. But of course, as someone learning the yellow values, you can see that you are doing this intentionally because you have long time-horizons in mind, and you know that the baggage will be worth it!

@WonderSeeker Thanks for sharing your story! Regarding the emotional baggage, curious to learn more. Would you say this is baggage that you have from Green that you need to work through / let go of before fully transitioning into Yellow? 

I went full green when I lived in San Francisco and San Diego.  Tried to apply that when I moved back to Hollywood.  Yeah, right.  Naturally went into yellow is this city is full of systems.  

I grew tired of being a cog in the corrupted Hollywood machine.

Edited by Thestarguitarist14