ravlondon

Microwaves

18 posts in this topic

Are Microwaves safe to use? 

I've recently been using them more recently after being sceptical, i've heard good and bad things about them.

They are fine. In fact they might be better than some forms of cooking such as grilling because the food only gets headed up to the boiling point of water compared to grilling which can generate carcinogenic compounds from heating food at high temperatures. 

Mostly safe although sometimes there is the risk of heat bubbles forming and as you mix the stuff up a boiling sauce can splash into your face. A the same time I wouldn't put my testis near the thing when it is on. ^_^

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

my mum and dad used to tell me to get away and not look at the microwave when it was operating. They are were both chemists, but they have their own problems lol.

5 hours ago, Rolo said:

my mum and dad used to tell me to get away and not look at the microwave when it was operating. They are were both chemists, but they have their own problems lol.

I believe the front pattern in the window of the microwave is a faraday cage to make it reasonably safe to look inside. No harm in not looking though!

@No Self Microwaves do tend to escape. I was wearing a bluetooth headset and when I walk nearby it cuts the sound.

Been using it all my life. Completely safe. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Microwave ovens are banned in the US Radio Quiet Zone (along with Wi-Fi routers and most cell phone usage) so of course some radiation does detectably escape the device.

If health is a concern, better to focus on what you are actually cooking in your microwave. Or, for that matter, the effect on the body of worrying about random things like this. (Likewise conspiracy theorist fodder like fluoride in water, vaccines, etc.)

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

Ya. Don’t go ‘Randy Marsh’ on the situation.

But all the free weed thou......

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

You will hate me but microwaves are incredibly dangerous. Not a big deal if you use it once a month but you're getting exposed to a significant amount of radiation every time you eat food from a microwave. But you can get a mini oven that works the same and produces way less radiation.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

5 hours ago, Soulbass said:

Rats fed with food cooked in microwave dies of cancer, those fed with steamed food are perfectly fine.

If making a claim like this, please provide a citation.

@sholomar @Michael569 @Rolo @No Self @ravlondon @Preety_India @Villager Albert

I'm studing engineering, and in a course our teacher explained to us the microwave thing.

Basically every microwave has a pattern of holes on the "door" (because otherwise you can't see I guess). The electromagnetic field can have various frequencies, and the holes are made so that the electromagnetic field decays before escaping the microwave oven through the holes. But given that we are talking about millimeters and even micrometers, and objects are not always perfect, the microwave could be designed not so well and some radiation could escape. But you can't know for sure. So better get away from the microwave oven.

@Michael569 I read on the Ultramind Solution that the microwave produces AGEs (Advanced Glycation End products) thus provoking more oxidative stress and inflammation. What do you think of this? I don't know why it creates them and if it's true.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

2 hours ago, Superfluo said:

I read on the Ultramind Solution that the microwave produces AGEs (Advanced Glycation End products) thus provoking more oxidative stress and inflammation. What do you think of this? I don't know why it creates them and if it's true.

Interesting! I've never heard about this but then AGEs are basically a demon child of carbohydrate and protein created through a devilish and ungodly lovemaking so perhaps it is possible that through the radiation there is sort of a collapse of the molecular boundaries & then reforming of the bridges between DNA structures to form a new molecule. Definitely possible but I don't have any evidence to back this up 

Got it, thanks.

Regarding the microwave thing, I think you could buy a microwave without holes on the door, if you don't mind not having the possibility to see into it. But I'm not really sure because if it the door is not made with the same materials as the interiors, the electromagnetic field could deposit on the door and the door could become like an antenna, radiating electromagnetic waves. But still, I don't really know because I have to study that course yet.

Edited by Superfluo

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003