Rasheed

Law 17: Do Not Offend the Wrong Person

14 posts in this topic

I dislike Stage Red Trump. I am pro Bernie. I like Obama. But this was violation of law 17 in 48 laws of power (do not offend the wrong person) by Barack Obama, after which United States ended up with worst president in history.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

The 48 laws of power is a good book, anyone learning about manipulation or wanting to recognize manipulation tactics by others or by the self this is a book for that. Definitely if you're gonna break one of the laws of power, you need a really good contingency plan for fuck ups in case.

Wasn't familiar with the 48 Laws of Power but now I'm intrigued.. Is it something like a modern day version of Machiavelli's 'The Prince'?

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Especially if that person has some kind of vendetta against you because of past life stuff. Retribution. 

???????

Is this some sort of Bible? :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

lol if only Obama didn't roast Trump but befriended him we may not have had all this unfold. According to several of his confidants this motivated him to run for president. I think this was inevitable though and it would of been someone else, perhaps more competent than Trump so in a way we have been saved from something worse due to Trump's stupidity xD

Edited by Lyubov

10 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

The 48 laws of power is a good book, anyone learning about manipulation or wanting to recognize manipulation tactics by others or by the self this is a book for that. Definitely if you're gonna break one of the laws of power, you need a really good contingency plan for fuck ups in case.

100%

@DocWatts @Carl-Richard https://www.amazon.com/48-Laws-Power-Robert-Greene/dp/0140280197
You can find it for free :D Sorry Robert Greene

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

@Lyubov it’s a cute story but trunk had many enablers and had considered running many times. It still shocks me he won but it also is so annoying that someone like Hillary could win over Bernie. 

joe Biden somewhat deserves the nomination, because he is a real person through and through and I disagree with him on  A LOT but he’s a genuine person who possesses compassion,

Hillary was not that,

of course she was to an extent

but politics warped her into a Pete buttigieg “square” so to speak, people could feel that.

sometimes it’s just so obvious when people love you for the right reasons, people have a subconscious sense of trust and yea they can be manipulated

but the gut has an intelligence and something didn’t feel right about trump or Hillary, I don’t blame people for staying home.

unfortunately or fortunately we don’t have that luxury this go round, but I think Joe Biden will win, potentially big, because like Obama, he is a real person behind his public duty.

somtimes politics is much more simple than we think it is, who feels right to us is often the correct answer because yes qualifications are super important, but don’t put the cart before the horse, the reason we want qualifications is because we want the most capable person who can effectively lead because we love our country and want it to improve, it all boils down to compassion in the end

Edited by Gidiot

We already went through years of hearing “Thanks, Obama!” at every bad thing. I’d rather not revisit it.