X_X

Why/how do showers temporarily increase my consciousness?

9 posts in this topic

Doesn't always work but sometimes it does and sometimes it REALLY does. Works with ice cold showers too. Any theories?

Maybe because consciousness and water are similar. If consciousness had a form, I vote it to be water.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@X_X Drastic temperature change spikes awareness by putting you in the 'here and now'/ in touch with direct experience through your senses.

it doesn't increase consciousness, it only wakes you up. DON'T MIX THESE TWO 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Connection with the body. Same thing yoga, meditation and running do. Your body is your subconcious. Not really, but that's a good pointer. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Because you are more relaxed, your logical mind is less active, so you are more aware. 

What Mandy said. The feeling and sensation gets you out of your head and more into experience of the moment. Its not so much that you are more conscious, it's that you are less mind. 

I heard Sadhguru talk before that showering, and particularly coldshowering, has the same effect of a certain Kriya. It washes away pent up emotion and energy and brings the body and mind back to a quieter state. So, you intuited quite right, it does have certain consciousness-enhancing properties. Because water and light are the closest physical manifestations to pure consciousness, washing yourself with these must have positive effects on your being. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I think it's quite simple. When you take a cold shower, your ego doesn't have the luxury to wander off to imagnation land. Cold shower is basically a mini-shock and brings you immediately to the present moment.