Guest EmptyVase

Do you write down synchronicities?

24 posts in this topic

I can't tell whether my attention is just on synchronicities or if there's really something about it. But lately, these synchronicities have been getting out of hand! They plop up like a teen trying to get rid of his pimples. Won't stop and it's coming evermore!

I'm not talking about 11:11 or something along those lines, but actually one coincidence after another (even though I don't wanna discredit 11:11 type of synchronicities).

Some are instantenous (for example: as I was looking at really terribly organized interviews with M.I.A., I thought that it'd be dope to just have a chill podcast with her - minutes later I open up Instagram and the very first post was M.I.A. announcing her own podcast, which will be coming soon).
Others evolve over a longer period of time. Some of them over the course of weeks or months, and others over the course of years! 

Now it's getting to the point where I feel like it's something I should investigate, so I'll start writing them down and look what will come out of that. Maybe something is speaking to me, maybe not. Of course, one should not get distracted by "mystical phenomena" like siddhis, colours and perhaps synchronicities. But I can't ignore that further.

Has anyone of you done this before?  Writing down synchronicities? Did something come out of that?

Really excited to hear your experiences with it! :)

Okay let's say for 1 second that these events are "synchronicities".

Now what? What do you do with this information?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

6 minutes ago, FredFred said:

What do you do with this information?

Dunno! That's why I'm writing this down. I want to see for myself whether something useful comes out of it. My focus is not on a single synchronicity, but rather the larger picture, which may be illuminated when I write them down. Maybe there's a pattern. Maybe it's a shot in the dark. Gotta test it first, before I make any assumptions.

26 minutes ago, mw711 said:

Everything is ‘ mystical phenomena.’

Agreed!

26 minutes ago, mw711 said:

Why would it be bad to focus on it?

I think that depends upon what your "goal" is with spirituality. And really, it's relative in the end.

If it is enlightenment, I see the danger of chasing siddhis and other abilities for years, while not really coming closer to enlightenment. Using siddhis to reach enlightenment? I see no problem with that.

From another perspective, I think you can delude yourself to a great degree with "mystical phenomena" ("" just to differentiate), such as seeing signs in everything, assuming all sorts of fantasies, because of some belief system you create around these phenomena.

At the same time, I think you can find incredibly valuable stuff in these phenomena. I don't think it's a one way street.

I did some... just never got in the habit of it. I was writing down words that I would be reading while simultaneously hearing them out loud either on T.V. or my husband... was happening ALOT for quite a while. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I never got the urge to write them down

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I did write mine down but recently don't do that anymore, as it became a tiny bit more common for me.

Though, my impression is that is just life screaming, "I am happening, I am everywhere, I am you, wake up!". 

@seeking_brilliance Can you relate the lessening to something in your life? Or was it more of a random curve?

@Osaid Yeah it was the same for me. As they became more and more and more, the curiousity in me grew as well.

@wesyasz Yes, that was my impression too so far. Like a sweet little reminder, a wink thrown at ya :) Thank you for sharing, I'll read through some of your journal!

@EmptyVase

A you and a world can sync to the degree they weren’t even separate to begin with.

Rather than writing down what happened, write down what you want to happen.

Likewise, the past & future can sync together to the degree there was only ever now.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

A you and a world can sync to the degree they weren’t even separate to begin with.

Interesting, never heard of that perspective on synchronicities! Gradations of synchronicity and separateness you say, huh? Moving closer. Realizing the inherent inseparability. Thank you for that POV!

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Rather than writing down what happened, write down what you want to happen.

YES! Even though I will still write them down for some time, just to see what comes out of it - for the sake of the experiment -  I'm willing to take your push in the creator-direction. I like that idea a lot! Maybe not a full-fledged dreamboard, but writing down what I want to happen is a great start. :)

19 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

seeking_brilliance Can you relate the lessening to something in your life? Or was it more of a random curve?

I was never able to make any meaning of any string of words, but it was still fun. It still happens just alot less often

It just happened, I was reading this on another thread, a quote by @Nahm

Such is meaning arising from you which appears to be here

And just as I was finishing the sentence, the man on TV said 'to be here' 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

24 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

It just happened, I was reading this on another thread, a quote by @Nahm

Such is meaning arising from you which appears to be here

And just as I was finishing the sentence, then man on TV said 'to be here' 

That's one reason I stopped watching tv and the radio.  One time I thought something similar to "the voice inside your head" not that I'm schizophrenic but then the radio said "i'm the voice inside your head."  

I have since then never listened to the radio and completely stopped watching t.v.

It was cool at first for me and started when I began psychedelics but eventually it sort of just creeped me out and didn't get me anywhere noticing things like that.  Sad but that's just my experience.

In my opinion it's pointless to pay attention to them and it feels like its just the universe stalking you / me /  or whoever happens to have them.

Almost uncalled for!

Here's a good one for you all (I'd have plenty). The initials of my name+surname are ste sagu. Move and flip the e ste and the u in sagu and you get Satsang.

And now you have one more reason to check my sign. link.

@EmptyVase We have agreement. Balance there must be. Some need to demystify the magic, some need to see it to begin with.

@blandana @seeking_brilliance I agree, it probably won't get you anywhere (even though that's part of the journey, so in a sense it still does) and they are to be enjoyed with a grain of salt.

Still fun, a sweet wink on the journey. No need for fear in this though. As without you, without that awareness, you're universe wouldn't exist, there can't be nothing but the universe watching itself. You as the universe are watching yourself all the time! :)

34 minutes ago, blandana said:

universe stalking you / me /  or whoever

Sounds like the ego is hijacking your synchronicities. Idk why, but it seems like there is fear of being stalked or watched in your experience of synchronicities.

I describe it simply as "the universe talking to me", whereas you say "the universe stalking me". The difference in wording there is interesting.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Sounds like the ego is hijacking your synchronicities. Idk why, but it seems like there is fear of being stalked or watched in your experience of synchronicities.

I describe it simply as "the universe talking to me", whereas you say "the universe stalking me". The difference in wording there is interesting.

Like a Freudian typo? jk