Lyubov

This homeless guy insults me every time he sees me

22 posts in this topic

I live in a college town and there is this guy that hangs out in the downtown. He has his life problems and they took a big toll on him and now he appears to be homeless or on drugs/alcohol. He just sits in the center and he gets angry at the cars and people that pass by. One time he tried to talk to me and it was awkward so I just listened to him and left. The next day he saw me he cursed me out and it was threatening and I felt bad. Every time he sees me now he says something mean. I gave him the peace sign and keep walking. Anyone ever been in such a situation before?

Honestly, I'd just ignore it. You could be a kind and loving person and maybe over time get him to change a tiny bit but you can't save them all.

26 minutes ago, FortisFortunaAdiuvat said:

Honestly, I'd just ignore it. You could be a kind and loving person and maybe over time get him to change a tiny bit but you can't save them all.

Yeah I agree. I will just smile at him and try to send loving energy. 

@Lyubov There was this funny looking Black homeless guy on the train once. I looked at him and smiled. He thought I was laughing at him in a sorta racist way and he acted rude to me.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Just makes me feel sad we have a system that allows people to drop this low with no help to get out :( 

the guy who insults me is obviously very mentally ill

@Lyubov Give him $20 bucks next time and see what happens.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Instead of insulting you every time, he will ask you for money every time xD

Edited by Fran11

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's a good idea but I don't want to insult him either. Maybe if I do it in a genuine way it will make him nicer towards me. 

@Lyubov I used to do this thing where on my way to get groceries I'd see a homeless person, and I'd just ask them what they want. I wouldn't even try to make it healthy just whatever they'd ask I'd bring it. One time it was coke and donuts. Another time I actually had him come with me and he'd pick something out. It was quite a thrill ride.

PS: They actually don't want healthy things for the most part. It's not what they're used to so they might not really like it. I just made the choice to let them decide no matter how horrifyingly chemical and sugar-filled it was. It is their decision and I can't make that for them. I can only offer them something they can't do on their own, I won't be deciding the outcome.

I had to abandon this habit as I had found that I had patterns of over-giving, but in that stage of my life it was actually how I got over my scarcity mindset, meaning if I can give money and provide for someone who is less fortunate than me, it can only mean I am abundant, and that's how I reprogrammed my subconscious mind. Now I feel and am actually quite abundant without needing to try hard to get more. There just always seems to be enough, actually more than enough.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Health food for a bum?

Lol

You might as well feed a pig caviar.

7 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

@Leo Gura  Yo! If I were homeless I would be happy about some healthy vegan food.

And if my mom had balls she'd be my dad.

6 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

@Leo Gura You know, there are moms with balls that aren't dads.

He is just saying that the homeless guy will be happy with whatever you bring to him, no real need for too fancy foods

Edited by Hello from Russia

change your path. never ever trade insults with him. by doing that you bring your value down to his level. he's already broke, that's why he's picking on absolutely everything.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

lot of homeless people are ex mental institute patients, ex drug addicts or HIV patients who had their brain chemistry and prefrontal cortex completely fucked up. They live a vegetative existence when their brains have completely been hardwired for pure survival, stage beige. What do you expect seriously? Just ignore this person, it is possible he doesn't even know who he is anymore. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@neutralempty yes, failed psychiatric therapy will often create a walking gummy bear, a hollow existence looking like a human being but not really being one anymore 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Leo Gura Leo where did this Stage Blue claptrap come from?? 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Leo Gura if you have a conflict with a stage red person,which stage should you embody to end the conflict? I notice when one embodies stage green the other person litteraly pisses on the green one! I am looking forward for you to release courses on how to fully embody the lower stages1!!!

12 hours ago, Lyubov said:

It's a good idea but I don't want to insult him either. Maybe if I do it in a genuine way it will make him nicer towards me. 

Is it really genuine if you're doing it just to make him nicer to you? Why do you think you'd prefer him be nice to you, is your decision out of generosity or fear? 

10 hours ago, hamedsf said:

change your path. never ever trade insults with him. by doing that you bring your value down to his level. he's already broke, that's why he's picking on absolutely everything.

I would never insult him. Talk about kicking a man when he’s down. I also know it’s nothing personal. He doesn’t even know me. He’s just projecting his own pain. What he says isn’t even entire coherent. He kind of reminds me of Jimmy Wichard from King of the Hill. The stuff he says makes half sense. He may have a cognitive disability as well. I’m going to give him some money the next time I see him and see if it raises his energy.

5 hours ago, Tifecool said:

Is it really genuine if you're doing it just to make him nicer to you? Why do you think you'd prefer him be nice to you, is your decision out of generosity or fear? 

I feel bad for him