preventingdiabetes

Life Purpose and Enlightenment

43 posts in this topic

What's the point of pursuing our Life Purpose if we don't need it to be enlightened (which is said to be what truly makes us fulfilled)? 

I am currently working on making my Life Purpose my full-time career, but I am questioning whether it's worth continuing.

Wouldn't self-transcendence contradict every need below it on Maslow's Hierarchy of needs? 

Is it better to have my life-purpose in place before pursuing enlightenment? (If I plan on becoming awakened in the future that is) 

you'll need both. But both compliment one another as well.

Kicking ass in your life purpose will give you more financial freedom and time to pursue enlightenment as well as some deep passion in your life as well.

Enlightenment work will make you stronger at your life purpose and more selfless in the way that you live it.

When you awaken. You will technically have no more life purpose since your life wont really be your life anymore. The universe will simply flow through you as you sit back as the empty witness. (This is how it happened for me.)

So yeah you are right. When you awaken. Life purpose in a way takes care of itself or at least it did for me. But don't put all your eggs in one basket. You have no idea when you will awaken. It could be in 5 minutes or 50 years. You are a unique being with a unique amount of karma to work through.

So just position yourself for the long haul. If you awaken early. Great that will be a nice surprise. But if you don't awaken early, be ready to survive in this world some way doing what you love or not.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:20 AM, tuckerwphotography said:

Leo's latest video speaks to this: 

On 9/23/2020 at 8:11 PM, Byun Sean said:

you'll need both. But both compliment one another as well.

Kicking ass in your life purpose will give you more financial freedom and time to pursue enlightenment as well as some deep passion in your life as well.

Enlightenment work will make you stronger at your life purpose and more selfless in the way that you live it.

When you awaken. You will technically have no more life purpose since your life wont really be your life anymore. The universe will simply flow through you as you sit back as the empty witness. (This is how it happened for me.)

So yeah you are right. When you awaken. Life purpose in a way takes care of itself or at least it did for me. But don't put all your eggs in one basket. You have no idea when you will awaken. It could be in 5 minutes or 50 years. You are a unique being with a unique amount of karma to work through.

So just position yourself for the long haul. If you awaken early. Great that will be a nice surprise. But if you don't awaken early, be ready to survive in this world some way doing what you love or not.

(5:18)

Theoretically, what if we didn’t have to worry about money? What if we were born a billionaire with a trust fund? 

Would it be better to self-actualize first then self-transcend? Or would it be better to just short circuit to self transcendence since we wouldn’t have to worry about bills or any other thing below self transcendence on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and instead work on the (inverted?) pyramid above self transcendence. @Leo Gura what are your thoughts on this? 

On 9/22/2020 at 11:47 PM, electroBeam said:

@preventingdiabetes I personally believe you should stop listening to your head so much and start listening to your heart. Your heart knows all of your answers. 

How do I listen to my heart?

I use to worry about this, then I had a non-dual experience and realised there's nothing to worry about, like electro beam said listen to your heart, not your head, not your ego, if your life purpose is genuine then not much should change other than your values surrounding said life purpose will become more selfless, but if anything this will generate even more passion in your life as it begins serving a greater goal. Try to generate more of the LOVE aspect of enlightened and you will be beaming my friend. 

@preventingdiabetes

On 9/24/2020 at 6:04 PM, preventingdiabetes said:

(5:18)

Theoretically, what if we didn’t have to worry about money? What if we were born a billionaire with a trust fund? 

Would it be better to self-actualize first then self-transcend? Or would it be better to just short circuit to self transcendence since we wouldn’t have to worry about bills or any other thing below self transcendence on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and instead work on the (inverted?) pyramid above self transcendence.

I never said when you self-transcend there won't be anymore lower needs. All of those will need to be met exactly the same as it was before you awakened. 

The only difference is it won't be your life anymore. But don't worry about what that means. The ego cannot possibly conceive of itself not existing because that would literally be the end of you.

Consciously focus on your life purpose. Don't use self-transcendence as an excuse to ignore it. But at the same time, don't forget about self-transcendence. Your deepest fruits from life will be spiritual.

During my journey I carved out time during the day for both with a little more emphasis on the spiritual because thats what I felt was right for me.

On 9/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, preventingdiabetes said:

@Nahm Can you get the fulfilment from Life Purpose from Enlightenment? 

Wouldn’t maximum fulfillment be doing what you most want to do? Only you could define that. It will change in many ways many times.  

Wouldn’t what you want most come from the feeling that is the wanting? Desire, if you will. What else is needed? Clarity? Seeing it from a higher vantage point?

Does the source of feeling, and the experience of feeling, come from anyone else?  Is this stuff on a dreamboard in front of you, so you can experience that vantage point? And change it as you desire so? And see that new desire incorporated, from that vantage point?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I've been sticking to earning a living through what Leo refers to as a "cashflow" business. As in, it may not be my Life Purpose but it paid the bills and allowed me the time to turn within, read some books, meditate, get some skills I'll need later on and attend events and retreats.

I'm now "awake" perhaps not yet "enlightened" and now allowing my Life Purpose to show up. Because I need to do something with all the knowledge and experience I've gained and there's still a lot of life left.

It is not either or, Life Purpose or Enlightenment, it is both indeed. Yet only you can answer if leaving your current job/career for a more exciting experience at this time is something that's calling you.

Yet, with enlightenment also, the more you chase it the further it gets away before you realize you have absolutely no control over it.

In such cases, I like to look into the potential choices, and check which one has "fear" attached to it.

Does it connect at all that your current thought whether to stay or go really comes from "fear of missing out" vs "oh my, I'm so excited and can't wait to see what's behind that next door for me!"?

@Byun Sean @dimaniser @Nahm

This post talks about how the hierarchy flips on itself after self-actualization. 

But aren't those things possible without achieving self-actualization or having a Life Purpose? 

I don't know if I want enlightenment. But I want to be truly fulfilled and happy, which is what it can give from what I've seen. 

You have to realize that this is a school.  Life is a school.  It’s like (this is going to sound conversational) a soul coming here to be sexually abused.  Nobody ever wants to talk about this in the spiritual community.  But I bet most people would be like “why would anyone be so stupid to come here and experience being sexually abused?”  Well, I can’t say, but nothing happens for no reason. Everyone’s soul has a mission.  It is up to you to live it.

13 hours ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

You have to realize that this is a school.  Life is a school.  It’s like (this is going to sound conversational) a soul coming here to be sexually abused.  Nobody ever wants to talk about this in the spiritual community.  But I bet most people would be like “why would anyone be so stupid to come here and experience being sexually abused?”  Well, I can’t say, but nothing happens for no reason. Everyone’s soul has a mission.  It is up to you to live it.

I don’t understand.

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

@preventingdiabetes

Make a dreamboard and they will inevitably both come to fruition and will be realized to be one in the same. 

But everything on my dream board would be a distraction from what’s above self transcendence, wouldn’t it? 

“But everything on my dream board would be a distraction from what’s above self transcendence, wouldn’t it?“ 

Well we’ve struck gold there. :) 

No. What you really want would not be a distraction from anything, it is The Point. The more you are expressing desire genuinely, aka what you really want, whatever that is for you, the more you are connecting directly through the feeling of desire, the source of which, is the love that you truly are, appearing as any thing or experience that you could ever want - plus - “you” are essentially ‘baked into’ this. If you literally do nothing, you are creating the experience of doing nothing. You can not get ‘out from behind’ creating, because you are the creator. Think about it this way...if there is God, Source...if there is Infinite Being...what it’s “doing”, is this - but it’d be “doing” “this”, be Being “this”. By being ‘you’!  So by God man, be you to the absolute fullest extent you can dream up. You’re creating either way, because our creating is just the continuation of Being being this place, and us. You’re made of creativity, you experience and create preferences (effortlessly, intrinsically), and express and create. You’re designed perfectly for this. If for no other logical course - create the life you most want, because you’re creating by default anyways. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, preventingdiabetes said:

I don’t understand.

Every soul that inhabits this earth is here for a reason.  There are no accidents.  The spiritual community likes to believe a lot of fluff.  But not everyone is here to live a “comfortable” life.  Take Martin Luther King Jr,  Gandhi, RBG, Mother Teresa, etc they came here to clear out certain patterns from society.  It was their soul’s purpose.

The deeper that you dive into “enlightenment” (which is really just realizing that the past are just stories we tell ourselves)  the more deeper you go into your soul’s purpose.  Which is your life’s purpose.