Ellenier

In which way do Jim Newman/Tony Parsons and Rupert Spira talk about the same thing?

69 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Since you've manifested in my dreams one time and pointed me to complete Godhood  (I became the entire dream) you might have that psychic power.... you might've been on 5meo or something since you are in the US and when I sleep you guys are awake.

BTW you were so very authentic in my dream - we were talking on skype - you were doing some 1:1 chats with your viewers and you showed me your completely ORDINARY life - no claims of being God or anything like that... Just I was stunned by the ordinariness and simplicity of your life - you had a wife, a banjo or ukulele, you showed me your routines, played a song on the instrument and basically just spoke from the heart. 

Then at one point you raised your finger and basically made me realise that I am not that character speaking to him, but that I am the entire dream... Then (from memory) i can remember how I merged with the entire dream once I followed your pointing and I moved as the entire dream - it was so epic that I just have to mention it. B|

This was long ago, but that dream has stuck with me because of its clarity and incredibly direct nature. Only childhood dreams and some dreams with Eckhart Tolle have stuck with me so vividly, so thanks for that. But then again, I am Leo as you say in your signature so thanks to me too :D 

Empty everything you have ever learned completely...

Complete 0...

Start with an empty glass...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Empty everything you have ever learned completely...

Complete 0...

Start with an empty glass...

Yeah my bro, echo this beauty, but its really wasted on me, there is no glass here. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

29 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Yeah my bro, echo this beauty, but its really wasted on me, there is no glass here. 

Yes ❤

No loss or gain.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 hours ago, Forestluv said:

Does your intuition include being able to intuite / recognize the gifts of others?

It is a general intuition/intelligence which is not bound to any specific field or situation. It works across the board.

3 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

@Leo Gura so you were pretty much born with post human intelligence?

I prefer to think of it as most people were born with sub-human intelligence ;)

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

BTW you were so very authentic in my dream - we were talking on skype - you were doing some 1:1 chats with your viewers and you showed me your completely ORDINARY life - no claims of being God or anything like that... Just I was stunned by the ordinariness and simplicity of your life - you had a wife, a banjo or ukulele, you showed me your routines, played a song on the instrument and basically just spoke in a very non-egoic way - and it wasn't pretend either.   

Only in your dreams.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Only in your dreams.

Heheheh. Only in your Do-nothing meditation that I found recently you do the exact thing you did in the dream...

Along the lines of : "Gently push yourself out of your head and become all of reality. Rather than just being a body or a thing living in a body, be all of reality" Pretty much the same pointing in different form and using language rather than psychic speech (as is in dreams). Nobody will know how hair-raising this is but me, because I've seen the small details. Only if you guys see it from my point of view it is so interesting.... I did not watch/do that meditation when I got that dream. I only discovered that meditation very recently so its not like I was just regurgitating the information that I saw during the day... 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Bullshit

Ramana Maharshi and Nisagadatta Maharaj in Be As You Are and I Am That say that once The Self is seen, there is self-realisation, and there is a point of no return and there is not falling back into maya. Presumably this is Pure Awareness, devoid of any objects.

@Inliytened1 Perhaps the neo-Advitas response is appropriate here: there is only what is. Whether a greater ''degree of consciousness'' (whatever that means) occurs, it is still what is happening. The absolute *is* always. So from the point of the absolute, there is only self-realisation - no matter what relative things are happening. But ultimately we are looking for peace and love within ourself -- to BE that. That should be our benchmark, because that is what we are longing for. The logic side of things is less important, but can keep us sane.

7 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

The solution or the end of the seeking isn't a finding. That need to find something is never satisfied; it never happens. If it does, it's very temporary. I find something and I'm afraid of losing it; I find something and I'm trying to hold onto it; I'm trying something and I'm trying to maintain it. It's never satisfied. The end of the seeking is the end of the seeker, is the end of the experience, that 'this' is real.

What's left is what's already obviously everything: THIS. This doesn't need anything else, this is already all there is. Whatever is happening—whatever feelings, thoughts, experiences are happening—that is the wholeness that is looked for. It's not the wholeness the individual's looking for. It's not the wholeness that the "I am" is looking for. It will always be dissatisfied with this. It's a wholeness that's beyond the personal seeking, beyond the personal need for something more or something else.

@VeganAwake Nice stuff! And I think teachers of the path of self-inquiry would agree.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I prefer to think of it as most people were born with sub-human intelligence ;)

See, this is why I love Jim Newman. He's sort of an asshole who doesn't claim to know more than anyone else, or anything for that matter. I mean, as a woman, I LOVE men who are assholes, but I've never seen anything quite like it before, it's such an enchanting paradox. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

This is my takeaway from the Neo-advaita

They don't necessary claim that ego cannot do anything for bringing about enlightenment

What's being said is, after enlightenment, the story of how you got there is merely a story and there was never a there

Enlightenment is always the case

It's a radical or the most simple teaching (the word teaching is a very heavy for this) from an already enlightened perspective just trying to point at the futilty to get there. The possibility to be who you are is available in every moment just by dispelling the notion of what never was without having to engage in all the egoic shenanigans. 

It's a very one-dimensional and simple approach and the possibility of it working out is like hitting a jackpot, whereas other conventional paths are more self-indulging. It works with a lot people who are exhausted in their attempt to get there or IT

32 minutes ago, fi1ghtclub said:

This is my takeaway from the Neo-advaita

They don't necessary claim that ego cannot do anything for bringing about enlightenment

What's being said is, after enlightenment, the story of how you got there is merely a story and there was never a there

Enlightenment is always the case

It's a radical or the most simple teaching (the word teaching is a very heavy for this) from an already enlightened perspective just trying to point at the futilty to get there. The possibility to be who you are is available in every moment just by dispelling the notion of what never was without having to engage in all the egoic shenanigans. 

It's a very one-dimensional and simple approach and the possibility of it working out is like hitting a jackpot, whereas other conventional paths are more self-indulging. It works with a lot people who are exhausted in their attempt to get there or IT

Like this ? ❤