Megan Alecia

What are realistic ways to change my entire paradigm?

9 posts in this topic

Lately I've been learning a lot and changing the way I see the world in pretty important ways. 

However I notice that some limiting beliefs still regularly fill my mind, even when I'm contemplating about deep metaphysical topics.

I think its an ego trap. Any thoughts on dealing with this? 

Why I think its an ego trap: 

Constant mind chatter about "what would people think" coupled with thoughts of being afraid and helpless and even some thoughts making fun of "me", criticizing, etc. 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

I think we're all looking to be validated by the people around us. It gives us self esteem and we feel included as part of the group. Human beings need this like they need air to breath. Ego trap or not, it's normal and natural to think like this.

It takes a lot of work on yourself to overcome this natural need to be validated. It can be done, it should be done. Awareness will get you there. In the end, it's a matter of learning to love yourself thoroughly and trusting yourself that you can deal with whatever the world throws at you - and live happily. It's all inner work. You can then be with people on your terms not theirs.

The only limiting belief is that you won't ever change or you can't change. You can.

All stories and explanations are false.

2 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

limiting beliefs still regularly fill my mind

Look at your direct experience. Bring your attention to what is in front of you. 

When a limiting belief pops by, you should realize that it is exactly that, just a belief. It is not reality. It is just a belief about reality. Actual reality is what is in front of you.

So, separate the thought from reality. The mistake is believing your thoughts are reality. They're just thoughts. 

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

3 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

Constant mind chatter about "what would people think" coupled with thoughts of being afraid and helpless and even some thoughts making fun of "me", criticizing, etc. 

These thoughts feed on insecurity and indetermination, creating an evil spiral and self-recurring feedback loops. Recognize that those thoughts are a normal part of life, and accept them for what they are. This act of self-acceptance plants a seed that will grow and later starve the thoughts of sunlight until they dwindle away.

This is primarily a solution for irrational, repetitive, non-sensical thoughts that only serve to impede your growth as a human. If you feel that these thoughts are trying to guide you towards growth, then you should try addressing them directly by creating a real-life solution rather than an internal one. You want the inside to match the outside as much as possible. The specifics of this you just have to take on intuition.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

The problem is that the "I" is composed of both the Ego and the Spirit. 

Initially, you are unable to differentiate between the two because they are both parts of your sense of self.

Try to think metaphysically about what differentiates the two. What rules the Ego and what rules the Spirit?

Once you are able to draw the line between the two, you will know if the Ego is setting up traps for itself or the Spirit is trying to outgrow the Ego.

17 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

Lately I've been learning a lot and changing the way I see the world in pretty important ways. 

However I notice that some limiting beliefs still regularly fill my mind, even when I'm contemplating about deep metaphysical topics.

You aren’t feeling what anyone thinks. Never have. You’re feeling what you think. 

The majority of these thoughts feel off because they are about you. 

But you are the awareness, aware of the thoughts. This is self evident. 

When you notice you’re doing this, and so is everyone else (apparently)...bricks will be shat, paradigm will shatter.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

15 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

Definitely psychedelics.

A moderate dose of LSD or mushrooms, will make you a mad genius.

I second this