Mosess

De-realization vs Awakening

17 posts in this topic

What is the difference between "De-realization" and "Awakening"

The neo-advaita teachings are confusing huh? Awakening will make you more connected to the body and your personality and make you realize that you are also part of the oneness, you will be a simple human free from the ego/I-thought that was resisting this human experience.

@Mosess

2 hours ago, Mosess said:

What is the difference between "De-realization" and "Awakening"

The de-realization bit is numbing and brings feelings of apathy and loss, like it's too shocking. Awakening is intense happiness and lucidity like no other.

There are similarities but depersonalization is a loss of a sense of self.  Enlightenment is becoming directly conscious that you are not a self (ego death) but that instead you are (via being) the Self/Infinity/God/Love/Consciousness.

The similarity comes in because awakening can have that feeling of no sense of self too, which can lead to nasty ego backlash on the return - but during awakening it is accompanied by immense bliss, unlike raw depersonalization.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:07 PM, Inliytened1 said:

There are similarities but depersonalization is a loss of a sense of self.  Enlightenment is becoming directly conscious that you are not a self (ego death) but that instead you are (via being) the Self/Infinity/God/Love/Consciousness.

The similarity comes in because awakening can have that feeling of no sense of self too, which can lead to nasty ego backlash on the return - but during awakening it is accompanied by immense bliss, unlike raw depersonalization.

Does that mean that enlightenment is followed by depersonalization?

You realize that you are, but that completely shatters what you thought you were.

Depersonalization is kinda cool. Someone else is driving the car. You just see your hands move in front of you.

Recognize that "depersonalization" is a term that stems from the paradigm of western psychology that tries to fit everything into a description of pathology. If we were to give that description any merit, some people who awaken tend to react were negatively to it and want to repress it, and this impedes the natural blissful unfoldment that is otherwise characteristic of an awakening. In that case, when the otherwise natural state feels alien, intrusive and threatening, you could call it a pathology along the lines of depersonalization. However, many people also argue that they're two diametrically opposed phenomenas that should not be conflated with eachother.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

In a way they are opposites. Derealization is experiencing the external world as unreal, depersonalization is experiencing a body mind as unreal, awakening is realization of reality, rather than unreality. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Mosess said:

Does that mean that enlightenment is followed by depersonalization?

You realize that you are, but that completely shatters what you thought you were.

Yes.  It did in my case.  I had experienced depersonalization before so i knew what it was.   But can't really say it was after enlightenment - it was a combination of both depersonalization and God realization.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Arcangelo said:

Depersonalization is kinda cool. Someone else is driving the car. You just see your hands move in front of you.

Kinda cool? Its horrifying - no fun at all.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Kinda cool? Its horrifying.

It's cool if it happens for 3 seconds and you can snap out of it, but when it becomes your new baseline, it feels like the end.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's cool if it happens for 3 seconds and you can snap out of it, but when it becomes your new baseline, it feels like the end.

there is no one to see an end - and yet its like you are still in there somewhere locked away trying to break through.  Lkke sleep paralysis only with sleep paralysis there is still a you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

This is my interpretation:

Deperzonalisation is very much related to Awakening, but it is one step away. The mechanisms of your neurology are going hard to defend this sense of "I" thus it shuts of your emotions and separates your from the world.

This is from someone who has suffered from dpdr and considers themselves awake. 

Just now, NorthNow said:

This is my interpretation:

Deperzonalisation is very much related to Awakening, but it is one step away. The mechanisms of your neurology are going hard to defend this sense of "I" thus it shuts of your emotions and separates your from the world.

This is from someone who has suffered from dpdr and considers themselves awake. 

It is.  I knew during enlightenment that it was the same thing and yet if that were the case everyone suffering from depersonalization would be awake.  So clearly there is an element lacking.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

For like 3 weeks of my life I would depersonalize after my shift at McDonald's. I will get home, smoke weed and depersonalize. I thought it was part of the weed trip but it wasn't. I was depersonalizing. I would see myself do all kinds of stuff. But I wasn't in charge as I said: someone else was in control of my body.

It feels like you are a puppet.

2 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

For like 3 weeks of my life I would depersonalize after my shift at McDonald's. I will get home, smoke weed and depersonalize. I thought it was part of the weed trip but it wasn't. I was depersonalizing. I would see myself do all kinds of stuff. But I wasn't in charge as I said: someone else was in control of my body.

It feels like you are a puppet.

Remember in Leos "what is perception" video he discusses the ego co-opting consciousness.  Well in this case there is no one co-opting consciousness it is just Consciousness dreaming.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.