Nak Khid

Dennis McKenna has been taking Psychedelics for 40 years, is he enlightened?

66 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Member said:

It's not that simple as it's not a matter of wanting.

It is a matter of wanting.

You're overthinking it.

Would you rather keep arguing, or would you rather awake up?

Do not underestimate the power of desire and intention. It drives your whole life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I have no doubt that wanting is important but how can you know what you want without knowing yourself? People have different wants and needs but it takes a great effort to understand what drives them. Deconstructing the false self is not a matter of wanting imo, as most of people don't even bother thinking about ego death. As for arguing, I'm only seeing things from a different perspective and everybody is free to see things as they are on that level of awakening.

Please stay on topic , Dennis McKenna 

he may be enlightened or may not be 

but whatever the case may be he has been doing psychedelic for 40 years while his brother quit in his last decade, if not slowed down quite a bit 

On 05/08/2020 at 7:35 AM, Leo Gura said:

I see a lot of you guys on here just repeatedly spewing bullshit.

If I don't start seeing signs that you're actually doing inner work, I'll be kicking you outta here.

This forum is not a place to mentally masturbate about stuff you've never directly experienced.

If you are incapable of clearing this bar, this forum is not for you. I'm tired of reading posts from people who clearly have no direct experience of the things they're talking about.

but Leo, we're all a work in progress, and we're all God's creatures. Couldn't ya just find it in yerself to love us all a lil bit more, ignorant gits that we are? Just be thankful you're not where we are. It hurts me whenever someone gets kicked outta here, even tho' they always seem to sneak back in under a new alias the crafty little sods that they are, so what's the point, eh? it reminds me of me old man chucking us kids out of the car in the middle of the motorway cos we talked too loud, you know as kids do. We had to find our own way home. xD

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

I understand very well that of wanting or not waking up. To do so is to completely release the moorings that tie you to the ground, and almost nobody wants that. everyone wants to wake up "a little" while maintaining a certain egoic independence. Perhaps that is why the Indians say it as a requirement to submit your will to a guru, because it is a first step to abandon your will (for me not an option). something very difficult for us western individualists. I see the abyss, the enormousness of jumping into space, but I want to? They tie me some moorings, even seeing clearly that this jump is the only real thing I can do. Maybe any day , etc etc. For now I choose ego I'm afraid

Dennis has talked about people pursuing awakening using words that seem to distance himself from it. I think he isn't interested in it. He is more about gathering data and polishing his models.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.