Red-White-Light

Fastest Route to Enlightenment

15 posts in this topic

Literally just stare a candle directly in a dark room. that’s the closest you will ever get towards Truth. 

Still gazing, apparently it's good facilitating concentration during meditation. I take my glasses off when meditating so if I keep my eyes open whilst meditating my vision is blurry. Focusing on one point isn't possible and my eyes get watery trying to do it.

The specific act of keeping your eyes open and fixing it on a point aside, I've tried things which are in essence trying to do the same thing. One pointed concentration. A thin infinitesimal rod which shrinks and shrinks , gets sharper and sharper untill it strange loops around into everything. 

David Hawkins gives you this idea of closing your eyes and focusing on a spec of light in your black field of vision. Kriya Yoga concentration meditation involves bodily awareness of the back of your head with some visualisation. An analogy is like imagining a thin rod sticking through the back of your head out of the point between your eyebrows. These two things, the state of consciousness is identical to still gazing. 

If anyone here has advice for still gazing when my eyes are open that will be appreciated. My vision is blurry and I like to take my glasses off when meditating 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Can i play some spiritual music in the background?

What is the expiriance, can you explain it in some way?

Edited by Kiko

15 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

Literally just stare a candle directly in a dark room. that’s the closest you will ever get towards Truth. 

The title of the topic and this sentence is too simplistic and not true. However looking at a candle can do all sort of good things. You could for example chant certain mantras while looking at a candle and it aids to shed karma. There was also a nice meditation given in 'Conversations with God' for seeing the Truth. The process there is looking at a candle for a while, letting them close naturally while staring at it. Then when eyes close, focusing on the inbreath for a bit and then staring at the third eye (area).

Edited by Waken

@Kiko It’s an extreme focusing on a single point, connecting with what is actual not thought or concept. You can use music, but it’s not an emotional connection you’re looking for, it’s a direct, raw observing. 

@Waken It’s the closest you can get to Truth! You could take it and run with it, there’s nothing closer to God than pure raw reality.

Edited by Red-White-Light

13 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Kiko It’s an extreme focusing on a single point, connecting with what is actual not thought or concept. You can use music, but it’s not an emotional connection you’re looking for, it’s a direct, raw observing. 

the truth is not the single point you decide to focus on 

20 hours ago, lmfao said:

Still gazing, apparently it's good facilitating concentration during meditation. I take my glasses off when meditating so if I keep my eyes open whilst meditating my vision is blurry. Focusing on one point isn't possible and my eyes get watery trying to do it.

The specific act of keeping your eyes open and fixing it on a point aside, I've tried things which are in essence trying to do the same thing. One pointed concentration. A thin infinitesimal rod which shrinks and shrinks , gets sharper and sharper untill it strange loops around into everything. 

David Hawkins gives you this idea of closing your eyes and focusing on a spec of light in your black field of vision. Kriya Yoga concentration meditation involves bodily awareness of the back of your head with some visualisation. An analogy is like imagining a thin rod sticking through the back of your head out of the point between your eyebrows. These two things, the state of consciousness is identical to still gazing. 

If anyone here has advice for still gazing when my eyes are open that will be appreciated. My vision is blurry and I like to take my glasses off when meditating 

@lmfao i find the same thing. I also find that my eyes start to twitch if I raise them upwards. However Ive found that it's far easier if I wear an eye mask (sleeping one). I just concentrate on sahasrara crown. I've recently found it extremely hard to meditate but know that I will eventually restore my full practise when I get some more 5meo. I've established a new vendor who I can get good 5meo from. And his stuff is really soluble so I'll also be able to plug ?

Edited by Aaron p

18 hours ago, Aaron p said:

I will eventually restore my full practise when I get some more 5meo. I've established a new vendor who I can get good 5meo from. And his stuff is really soluble so I'll also be able to plug ?

Inshallah xD 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

The fastest route to enlightenment is letting-go, quietude, and investigation brought about via either:

1. self inquiry / seeing everything objective as not-me/mine, and turning to yourself (the subject) (this is not actually possible, but you try and try again, rapidly, until you flip inside out -- yes...)...

2. ignoring absolutely everything and regarding it all as not real, making a paradoxical stern effort to relax all effort except for the effort to do just that...

...with effort, until that effort is taken from you by destiny -- stolen in the night -- you cannot give it up, the giving up of effort has to be effort swept away

this is not a relaxing endeavor, though it is blissful

I've spoken the truth

On 8/3/2020 at 3:42 PM, Red-White-Light said:

@Nak Khid Look at your hand, look at the candle. They’re all pointers to Truth. It’s directly observable.

In place of the candle try using a mirror in a dimly lit room with medium low lamp light on your face

45 minutes