MarkKol

Stage blue not intelligent?

37 posts in this topic

i think i heard leo say that Open mindedness is intelligence, and pretty much all stage blue people i know are closed minded. Does that mean stage blue people are unintelligent or even "stupid"?. today i tried to present my stage blue mom, a faster way to talk (shes is really slow at responding to people) and no its not a disability, even tho she says it is, she says that shes a "slow thinker" which... she is, but thats not the problem, the problem is that she thinks she can't change how she speaks, and shes soooo close minded to my idea, which is just talk faster. shes trying to play the victim card by saying its a disability, a fucking disability she doesn't even know the name of and she never got diagnosed with. she's being close minded to my idea. now, my question to you is, is she (stage blue) unintelligent for not being open minded? is open mindedness all that makes a person intelligent? or is there more qualities that make a person intelligent?

If you lived in a place and time where everyone is stage purple or stage red at a maximum, being stage blue would mean you're pretty advanced and more insightful than everyone around you. Since you've risen above the average tendency and outside influences. 

On the flip-side if I live in a place where stage orange and stage green is the norm, me being stage blue probably means I'm dysfunctional or stunted. 

17 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

i think i heard leo say that Open mindedness is intelligence, and pretty much all stage blue people i know are closed minded

I see open mindedness as a meta-intelligence that enhances every other intelligence you have. Someone can not be open minded but still be intelligent in a particular regard. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Openmindedness describes the tendency towards entertaining a lot of different ideas from a diverse set of perspectives, and that of course correlates strongly with intelligence. If you're closeminded, you essentially put your mind in shackles, but that is also an important survival strategy.

Being closeminded grounds you. It's like being a solid: it's stable state of matter, but not much happens. If you're openminded, you're like a gas: there is a lot of action, but it's chaotic. You want some balance where you're able to be dynamic without completely evaporating, like a liquid.

7Yq5FF34mHo3-uXnzkb8C43b-rvMV042Tx_712ap

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

In some axes stage blue people come across like not smart. My uncle is as blue as it gets. He is super smart but in some axes he is really stupid, but that's just my perspective.

For example stage blue people give money to their church. I thought god was omnipotent why does he need money? It is very stupid in my eyes to give money to the church. I see poor people giving 10% of their income to the pastor and then the pastor goes a buys a new a car and goes on trips over seas with his family and sometimes goes on trips with female members of the church to sex them. WTF? How can they be sooooooo stupid?

Stage blues not necessarily dumb it's just that they are tied to certain beliefs and are locked into that way of thinking, so it can appear dumb if you don't subscribe to the belief that they have.

But just imagine if you really, really believed that Adam and Eve were the first humans 'created' by God. Not only that but you've been taught that any doubts you have of that being untrue is the devil's work and is a test of your faith to believe the truth. Essentially you've been brainwashed so cognitively it's very difficult to accept another way of thinking or other perspectives. Within these beliefs you of course can be intelligent, but the intelligence can also be used to uphold these beliefs. Ultimately truth takes a back seat to ideology 

Open mindedness is related to an NP preference in MBTI. There are sensor forms of inteligence too... open mindedness isnt really intelligence, its a personality characteristic. Ami wrong?

41 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

For example stage blue people give money to their church. I thought god was omnipotent why does he need money?

Bruh, I get you point, but cmon. The church needs money, not God.

6 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@Artsu Anybody that isn't an NJ is absolutely insane.

I guess you're joking, but there does seem a bias towards N types in this thread.

Blue is associated with the church, and i think church is a more S thing.

Though... perhaps being N gives someone an advantage with consciousness expansion?

5 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Open mindedness is related to an NP preference in MBTI. There are sensor forms of inteligence too... open mindedness isnt really intelligence, its a personality characteristic. Ami wrong?

Openness is not "equivalent" to intelligence, but they're strongly correlated. You ability to perform mental calculus is certainly involved with your ability to entertain different concepts in your mind.

We're talking about the common conception of intelligence (atleast that is inferered when nothing else has been specified), which is roughly the western definition of intelligence (cognitive computational capacity).

You can also define intelligence to mean God's infinite intelligence (which is essentially everything that exists), emotional intelligence, spiritual intelligence etc..

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Openness is not "equivalent" to intelligence, but they're strongly correlated. You ability to perform mental calculus is certainly involved with your ability to entertain different concepts in your mind.

We're talking about the common conception of intelligence (atleast that is inferered when nothing else has been specified), which is roughly the western definition of intelligence (cognitive computational capacity).

You can also define intelligence to mean God's infinite intelligence (which is essentially everything that exists), emotional intelligence, spiritual intelligence etc..

I would define intelligence in such a way that type bias is limited.

Kinesthetic and rote learning are Sensor areas. Maths is more NTP. They should each be seen as merely different sorts.

So a traditional type is not necessarily less intelligent than a progressive type.

1 hour ago, Artsu said:

open mindedness isnt really intelligence, its a personality characteristic. Ami wrong?

That's because you're only thinking about IQ and not seeing creativity as a facet of intelligence, which should be pretty obvious for anyone to see.

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

3 hours ago, MarkKol said:

i think i heard leo say that Open mindedness is intelligence

I've never said that.

The intelligence of all living creatures is purely relative to other creatures.

The most intelligent people alive today will look like fools compared to people 500 years from now.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@lmfao uh are you missing my point? Im speaking about multiple intelligences, and saying creativity for example is just one kind, whereas other people seem to be focusing on some personality types more than others.

So your reply to me just now makes no sense. Im the one arguing against a limited view of intelligence.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've never said that.

The intelligence of all living creatures is purely relative to other creatures.

The most intelligent people alive today will look like fools compared to people 500 years from now.

That has never played out before.

4 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

That has never played out before.

Imo its not that the intelligent today would be judged as stupid, but that our knowledge will be far advanced by that point.

Newton developed mechanics and calculus. He is known today as a genius. But now we teach mechanics and calculus to high school students, and the really intelligent ones are focusing on much more advanced material. 

A genius today is still a genius in 500 years, unless we become genetically modified superhumans, but their knowledge will be more basic.

Even with things like spirituality, our understanding develops such that the spiritual geniuses today know more.

But did you know it is harder to perform miracles today than it was 2000 years ago? Are we spiritually asleep?

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Bruh, I get you point, but cmon. The church needs money, not God.

Yeah it's the jesus fan club fee.

rubbish

Oh, and by the way, I do think that there is a strong correlation between intelligence and one's proclivity to ascend in consciousness.

It has to do with how easily one can process advanced/complex material, I suppose. I'm highly intelligent, and I haven't slowed down my evolution yet. It's just that most of the time I'm "dry", meaning not a lot going on. Then the spiritual emergence comes through, and I beam up into a chaotic world of spirits and synchronicity and bizarre worldviews and so forth.

So, if someone is stuck at blue, then they're probably fairly low in intelligence. But I don't think "open-mindedness" is really the reason for it. People are associating blue with religion, associating religion with a Sensing preference, and opposing that with an Intuition preference, which is associated with open-mindedness.

But I guess... maybe just maybe... there is a kind of openness to learning about high up, perhaps unpleasant, controversial truths, that help one advance up the levels.

And I just thought... Jordan Peterson is an ISFJ, but he is also open-minded, and he is very intelligent. Could it be that an intelligent person, who is a type that is typically seen as close-minded like ISFJ, tends to be more open-minded than their type predicts? Openness might have at least 2 distinct components.

Edited by Artsu

5 minutes ago, Artsu said:

And I just thought... Jordan Peterson is an ISFJ

JP considers himself extremely extroverted, so I don't know about that one xD

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

JP considers himself extremely extroverted, so I don't know about that one xD

ISFJs are the most extroverted of introverts.

The actual contradiction in Peterson's self assessment versus what I see as his type, is that he sees himself as high in openness. Actually, I remember him saying he was extremely open, and moderately extroverted (it doesn't matter too much though). ISFJ is quite low in openness in general, but they can be socially extroverted. It's just that their primary focus is on finding facts to fit into their worldview, and then sharing this with people. Peterson is known for giving talks that stem from a highly developed worldview, and one that seems more factual than conceptual (although he does get into the conceptual side with things like Jungian psychology).