Adamq8

The brain is hallucinating your reality?

21 posts in this topic

Hey! So i have been doing spiritual work for a while now and ive had some "minor" breakthroughs and ive had like a "knowing" that im just pure void imagining up my reality, it was felt and seen, this was when i smoked cannabis and I was lying in my bed almost asleep and that experience or knowing just hit me out of nowhere.  

But after those kind of experiences i get thoughts like this 

=

, We got 2 brain halves, one more "logical" and the other more "big picture" thinking and understanding

what if our imagination and thoughts and so forth is just all in the brain? That our brain is communicating with itself all the time and that beings on psychedelics and other people is just you, i know you guys are saying that its all "YOU" and god and so forth,  but let's say that the brain just wants to believe that it is god and all is infinite, and now you maybe will dismiss me and say that the brain is not real and you can get a direct contact with GOD conciousness, what if that is just as far as you can go back in the brain? Like go back to the beginning of conciousness and see that is nothing and everything happens within it but it is still in your brain which hold your conciousness.

Like I mentioned i had breakthroughs and I felt the love part of all creation and felt like I really can experience what you all are talking about, infinite intelligence and so forth, but then something is pulling me back and these kind of thoughts come.into my head,  its all in your brain, the universe doesn't exist, spirituality is just a feel good magic thinking sort of stuff to hide from the cold truth that its by random chance that you are here and you will die and it will be like you never existed,  hence we all trying to fight the inevitable truth that we will die and never get to experience anything after we die. 

Sorry for a long ranting and I really don't like my thoughts about this stuff, but it just comes naturally even as im doing the spiritual work.. Would love to hear your thoughts on the subject :)

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

The brain is a hallucination.

You're not getting how radical this is. Reality has no ground. Anything which you think is grounding the present moment is false. Nothing is grounding anything.

The ego-mid is playing tricks in order to maintain a sense of "reality". You must cut through all the false grounds it constructs. Including brain, Earth, universe, atoms, birth, your childhood memories, etc. It's all pure fiction!

Nothing you think is real!

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

I get small hunches and feelings that the brain story is not really the case, but then some logical rational thoughts arise and get me to doubt every progress in spiritual work and so forth, i don't know why.

Maybe the right side of the brain is the spiritual one and the left side is the one doing the logical thinking and thinks that the right side is an idiot and magical thinker ?

Or maybe the brain doesen't exist and im just getting an ego backlash from the work im doing. 

Because nevertheless a story is being broken down inside of me. But it may be just mere beliefs and more storys just changing the narrative to something other then what i have now. 

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Just now, Leo Gura said:

You're not getting how radial this is. Reality has no ground. Anything which you think is grounding the present moment is false. Nothing is grounding anything.

Thanks for reply.

So i just keep doing the work and maybe do some DMT then? I have not done DMT yet. 

It is all a big mindfuck, how the hell is anything even possible ? how can i be here writing on a forum about brains and psychedelics and so forth, its mind boggling 

- Pseudo-dionysius 

12 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

but then some logical rational thoughts arise and get me to doubt every progress in spiritual work and so forth,

Of course. The ego-mind is desperately trying to survive.

i don't know why.

Because it will die.

Maybe the right side of the brain is the spiritual one and the left side is the one doing the logical thinking and thinks that the right side is an idiot and magical thinker ?

It's all bullshit! There is no left or right. And no brain.

Or maybe the brain doesen't exist and im just getting an ego backlash from the work im doing. 

Now you got it.

Because nevertheless a story is being broken down inside of me. But it may be just mere beliefs and more storys just changing the narrative to something other then what i have now.

Direct experience of the present moment is NOT a belief or story.

Ground yourself in raw direct experience. Not concepts.

2 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

So i just keep doing the work and maybe do some DMT then? I have not done DMT yet. 

Lol

Yeah, DMT will certainly clear all this up ;)

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course. The ego-mind is desperately trying to survive.

Because it will die.

It's all bullshit! There is left or right. And no brain.

Now you got it.

Direct experience of the present moment is NOT a belief or story.

Ground yourself in raw direct experience. Not concepts.

Enjoyed your replies! It feels good that you can come in here and talk about whats bothering you and see that it is normal and just keep pushing through the illusion, cause you are right the only thing i can ever be certain of is my direct experience! 

The Ego works in mysterious ways ?

And Reality is the most mysterious, i can see how easy it is to get stuck in the limited view of the world thanks to culture and to be honest by neuro science as well. 

- Pseudo-dionysius 

3 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

And Reality is the most mysterious

It's pure, 100% mystery.

Throw away all concepts and ideas and just bask in the mystery of the present moment.

25 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

im just pure void imagining up my reality, it was felt and seen, this was when i smoked cannabis and I was lying in my bed almost asleep and that experience or knowing just hit me out of nowhere.  

If you are pure void imagining up reality...you were imagining there was a you which was falling asleep, a you which the experience or knowing ‘hit’. That “nowhere” in this case would be you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

If you are pure void imagining up reality...you were imagining there was a you which was falling asleep, a you which the experience or knowing ‘hit’. 

Yeah thats true, like seeing through the veil except there is no one to see through and the veil is imaginary? Mindfuck ?

- Pseudo-dionysius 

The brain is hallucinating your reality?

The reality is hallucinating your brain.
ezgif.com-crop.gif

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's pure, 100% mystery.

Throw away all concepts and ideas and just bask in the mystery of the present moment.

I will do that alot more then just intellectualizing everything with theories and so forth. But some theorys do make you feel good tho ?

What's even worse is that im dreaming up a fantastical reality in my mind but get blinded by it as well and im not to present in the moment now, and how amazing it is to really be here against all odds 

- Pseudo-dionysius 

2 minutes ago, allislove said:

The reality is hallucinating your brain.
ezgif.com-crop.gif

Yeah it feels more "logical" cause how could something that small house a freaking colorful and big reality? Hologram perhaps ?

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Why do you guys think that we as a society are stuck with the notion that you have a brain and it hallucinates your reality, 

It kinda condradict its self that theory, because if your brain hallucinates your reality then the brain is not really the brain just an image? therefore the brain do not exist? 

is it just me who thinks this way? i mean neuro scientist are really taking this srsly and thinking that your brain hallucinates your reality, then the brain is just pure conciousness, its no form but in objective reality it looks like a form?

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Is the brain hallucinating reality? Or did it emerge from reality?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

in a lot of cases you‘d think it does not exist, that’s why, maybe.

although in many situations it might be the problem that it probably exists but failing to excert its function.

Edited by remember

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You're not getting how radical this is. Reality has no ground. Anything which you think is grounding the present moment is false. Nothing is grounding anything.

The ego-mid is playing tricks in order to maintain a sense of "reality". You must cut through all the false grounds it constructs. Including brain, Earth, universe, atoms, birth, your childhood memories, etc. It's all pure fiction!

Nothing you think is real!

Infinite love is grounding the present moment right?

mispost

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

2 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Infinite love is grounding the present moment right?

infinite love IS the present moment. It's grounding itself. And therefore it is groundless.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.