beastcookie

Just booked my first RASA-session!

76 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, beastcookie said:

Just curious, what has happened to your spiritual journey after meeting Jan? I'm considering a retreat in September! 

Well its hard to say because i've been doing so many other things, techniques etc whilst getting shaktipat from Jan (been to 2 retreats with him in the past 3 years). I don't know how much the shaktipat has influenced my growth. 

It's quite clear to me, just from speaking to other people at the retreat, that only around 10-20% of the people there are able to properly receive the shaktipat. But those in the 10-20% really do feel it. Some people feel strong sensations in the spine, other people start spontaneously shaking, trembling, moving around in their seats - also called kriyas, its the shakti moving around the body. Some people say that as soon as they walked into the room they could feel the shakti. One person I spoke to at the retreat said he was travelling with Jan in the airport and he randomly started to get shakti (feelings of bliss and energy in the body) from Jan whilst they were standing in the que.

Anyway the point i'm trying to make is that chances are i'm not in the 10-20% because I didn't get any of that. However I get alot of that during my psychedelic sessions, which not a lot of other people do. So maybe there's some link there, I don't know. After my second retreat I spent the following 2-3 days seeing literal Joy in every thing. I was looking at my computer desk screen at work and saw Joy in it. Very pleasant experience for sure. 

Cool stuff, yea i'll probably go the one in London in November. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

On 2020-08-03 at 9:43 AM, Space said:

Well its hard to say because i've been doing so many other things, techniques etc whilst getting shaktipat from Jan (been to 2 retreats with him in the past 3 years). I don't know how much the shaktipat has influenced my growth. 

It's quite clear to me, just from speaking to other people at the retreat, that only around 10-20% of the people there are able to properly receive the shaktipat. But those in the 10-20% really do feel it. Some people feel strong sensations in the spine, other people start spontaneously shaking, trembling, moving around in their seats - also called kriyas, its the shakti moving around the body. Some people say that as soon as they walked into the room they could feel the shakti. One person I spoke to at the retreat said he was travelling with Jan in the airport and he randomly started to get shakti (feelings of bliss and energy in the body) from Jan whilst they were standing in the que.

Anyway the point i'm trying to make is that chances are i'm not in the 10-20% because I didn't get any of that. However I get alot of that during my psychedelic sessions, which not a lot of other people do. So maybe there's some link there, I don't know. After my second retreat I spent the following 2-3 days seeing literal Joy in every thing. I was looking at my computer desk screen at work and saw Joy in it. Very pleasant experience for sure. 

Cool stuff, yea i'll probably go the one in London in November. 

Thanks! 

I also get kriya (?) during psychadelic sessions so I know what you mean. Now I decided to continue with RASA instead of a retreat with Jan, but I'll consider it in the future :)

@beastcookie How are your sessions going?

I've had two sessions with Ananda so far, and my third is next week. The first session brought me to the same state that I was in after the two 10 day mediation retreats I've done in the past. Super present and able to rest as The Witness with little effort. Meditations felt much more effortless and drastically less thoughts. This lasted for a week. It was pretty amazing that a 15 minute session could do that. She assessed my LOC at 583 before the first session. I felt this was a little higher than where I likely was. Based off reading Ramaji's 1000 book, I had put myself somewhere in the 570s. 

My second session I started crying during the RASA, feeling a lot of love and gratitude. But then like a wave I came face-to-face with many of my shadows and stories, and the past two weeks has been like all my baggage was dumped on the floor for me to review. I see this as a great gift and part of the process, but it certainly has come with some frustration/amazement at how many stories, beliefs and patterning I still have to work through. She last assessed my LOC at 589. Again, based off my reading of the map, I'd say this is higher than where I actually am. I have not had a "white light" spiritual blast yet, which according to Ramaji is basically a prerequisite for moving past the 580s into 590 (but perhaps this is yet another false story I'm telling myself?). I had a very profound psychedelic experience 1.5 years ago that was extraordinarily transformational, but still my guess is I'll need to keep at it until a moment of Grace helps bring me into the 600s (I know it's all Grace - forgive the semantics). 

Overall I really resonate with Ananda and her teaching style. She has a great balance between intensity and loving feminine energy. Her ability to weave the Enneagram into her teaching really resonates. Looking forward to my next session on Tuesday!

8 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@beastcookie How are your sessions going?

I've had two sessions with Ananda so far, and my third is next week. The first session brought me to the same state that I was in after the two 10 day mediation retreats I've done in the past. Super present and able to rest as The Witness with little effort. Meditations felt much more effortless and drastically less thoughts. This lasted for a week. It was pretty amazing that a 15 minute session could do that. She assessed my LOC at 583 before the first session. I felt this was a little higher than where I likely was. Based off reading Ramaji's 1000 book, I had put myself somewhere in the 570s. 

My second session I started crying during the RASA, feeling a lot of love and gratitude. But then like a wave I came face-to-face with many of my shadows and stories, and the past two weeks has been like all my baggage was dumped on the floor for me to review. I see this as a great gift and part of the process, but it certainly has come with some frustration/amazement at how many stories, beliefs and patterning I still have to work through. She last assessed my LOC at 589. Again, based off my reading of the map, I'd say this is higher than where I actually am. I have not had a "white light" spiritual blast yet, which according to Ramaji is basically a prerequisite for moving past the 580s into 590 (but perhaps this is yet another false story I'm telling myself?). I had a very profound psychedelic experience 1.5 years ago that was extraordinarily transformational, but still my guess is I'll need to keep at it until a moment of Grace helps bring me into the 600s (I know it's all Grace - forgive the semantics). 

Overall I really resonate with Ananda and her teaching style. She has a great balance between intensity and loving feminine energy. Her ability to weave the Enneagram into her teaching really resonates. Looking forward to my next session on Tuesday!

What do you mean with "white light spiritual blast"? I must have missed that part of the book, 

I'm having a session in 2 weeks but attended group RASA yesterday. I'm currently in a process where a loooot of psychic trash floats up and I'm moving pretty fast. Currently looking forward to more LOVE, being able to radiate love without ego fixations getting in the way :)

8 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

I have not had a "white light" spiritual blast yet, which according to Ramaji is basically a prerequisite for moving past the 580s into 590 (but perhaps this is yet another false story I'm telling myself?).

You cannot look at awakening as any kind of linear one-dimensional process. This is where this Ramaji stuff becomes delusional.

You are just blindly trusting that these people will deliver you to God. Which is not much different than joining a cult.

You must take responsibility for Truth yourself, not outsource it to someone else.

It doesn't matter how nice or spiritual these people seem. From your POV you don't know what Truth is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Some egoic patterns are more prone to follow, some more to rebell or "do it alone". That's just how it is. In itself it says more about one's ego structure than anything else.

@Toby

If someone thinks there is a difference between follower and followee this is a huge trap by itself. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Leo Gura Thank you - I appreciate the advice and warnings. Rest assured, I'm pegging this whole RASA experiment as the equivalent of seeing a personal trainer twice a month at the gym. Obviously the actual work is up to me, but perhaps the trainer, in this case Ananda, can help make sure I'm working in the right direction and *potentially* even help expedite the journey. Even if the RASA itself does absolutely nothing at all, I've still found my two hours of one-on-one time with Ananda to be invaluable.

I'm taking it session-by-session and will certainly stop if I feel it's no longer serving me. 

@beastcookie Clear* light "blast" as he refers to it in the 580s chapter...I believe he's talking about a direct mystical experience. Equivalent to "catching a glimpse" of the Ox in the Ten Ox Zen map. I've only had this experience via psychedelics. Occasionally I see what feels like the shadow of the ox but still not the ox itself ;)

6 minutes ago, allislove said:

@tuckerwphotography don't let your personal trainer to put any labels on you, you are already the best ?

@allislove Ha, thanks! So far Ananda has only helped me to remove labels that I've put on myself, not the other way around...

@tuckerwphotography I am talking about gradation, like 616 or 620. I am not against spiritual transmission, other way around, do it, good stuff. Just take this gradation with a grain of salt. ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@tuckerwphotography @beastcookie

How are your sessions going now with Ananda? 

It took me 9 months of regular sessions (1-2 a month, usually 2) to finish. I still see her from time to time just to catchup, and eventually want to be able to give RASA and help people 1-1 myself, I can't describe how much she helped me, her and Ramaji are amazing. I feel a lot more teachers would benefit from offering 1-1 sessions, to me it is far more personal and helpful than any Video, book or even retreat is. (not saying they aren't helpful, they of course are!)

It certainly isn't a quick fix though, and involves doing LOTS of your own work & integration...believe me! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 24/09/2020 at 10:30 AM, LfcCharlie4 said:

@tuckerwphotography @beastcookie

How are your sessions going now with Ananda? 

It took me 9 months of regular sessions (1-2 a month, usually 2) to finish. I still see her from time to time just to catchup, and eventually want to be able to give RASA and help people 1-1 myself, I can't describe how much she helped me, her and Ramaji are amazing. I feel a lot more teachers would benefit from offering 1-1 sessions, to me it is far more personal and helpful than any Video, book or even retreat is. (not saying they aren't helpful, they of course are!)

It certainly isn't a quick fix though, and involves doing LOTS of your own work & integration...believe me! 

I would definitely be interested if you ever do decide to become a rasa giver! There’s none in the UK at the moment as far as I’m aware (although there are those calling it ‘light transmission’)

I’ve been reading your other posts regarding your rasa experience with interest. What has happened with me is that I’ve been receiving rasa weekly from a giver listed on Ramaji’s website for the past 6 months. My loc started in the high 500s and is now apparently in the low 700s. However I am still identified as the mind and suffering. It doesn’t make sense. So the other day I had rasa with another certified rasa giver. They assessed my loc in the 500s, a bit lower than my original starting loc given by the first rasa giver. To be honest, this loc makes more sense but I am disappointed that I may have wasted all that time and money. Also, the rasa session i had with the new giver was more intense than any of the sessions ive had previously. Its only been a couple of days so i guess time will tell whether there are any lasting changes, but i really don't know what to make of it all! Any idea?

Edited by Onelight

53 minutes ago, Onelight said:

I would definitely be interested if you ever do decide to become a rasa giver! There’s none in the UK at the moment as far as I’m aware (although there are those calling it ‘light transmission’)

I’ve been reading your other posts regarding your rasa experience with interest. What has happened with me is that I’ve been receiving rasa weekly from a giver listed on Ramaji’s website for the past 6 months. My loc started in the high 500s and is now apparently in the low 700s. However I am still identified as the mind and suffering. It doesn’t make sense. So the other day I had rasa with another certified rasa giver. They assessed my loc in the 500s, a bit lower than my original starting loc given by the first rasa giver. To be honest, this loc makes more sense but I am disappointed that I may have wasted all that time and money. Also, the rasa session i had with the new giver was more intense than any of the sessions ive had previously. Its only been a couple of days so i guess time will tell whether there are any lasting changes, but i really don't know what to make of it all! Any idea?

It does seem to help some people who are close to the edge. For many others, while it causes some energetic changes, it doesn't change their experience much. Some people who were diagnosed as having reached 1000 by Ramaji and Ananda don't feel any changes in their experience. It's a hit or miss.

@vladorion Yea, makes sense. At an online group light transmission, one guy said he was told he was at 1000 by a rasa giver in Japan, yet he didn’t feel anything like it. Yet others, no doubt in my mind, were deeply transformed by rasa.