Sarah Marie

Fear Of Death

31 posts in this topic

Do you buy into the idea of death? 

To be specific I am going to define the tradition meaning of  death I am reffering to:

"Death is the termination of the biological functions that sustain a living organism."  

Credit: Wikipedia

What do you believe happens when we die?

I never gave this much thought, until I realized I was seeing and communicating with the so called "dead". Connecting people here in the physical world to those in a different realm is something I still try to soak in and understand. I can explain my exerperience and my inturpreatations of what it's like on the other side, but I have no scientific evidence to back myself up. The only evidence I have is the fact that I can and do connect total strangers to their loved ones. I would argue that the people on the other side are very much alive, even more so then the ones on the physical realm.

Because of this, I don't buy into the idea of "death".

I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Well, since we aren't actually our physical bodies. We are really our souls (which are "nothingness" or what we call here at actualized.org "God") so then after we biologically die so then nothing really changes with our real self. 

In other words, we are comprised of a physical body and a non physical part...a part that cant be seen. This part that cant be seen is "nothingness" (see Leos' video "All Of Religion Explained In One Video"). That (what ever it is) remains after you physically die. 

My feeling is that the more you become Enlighten (which loosely defined means "getting in touch with that nothingness") so the more you will be "alive" after you die since all thats left after you die is that "nothingness".

This makes sense to me...let me know what you think.

Edited by TruthSeeker

The only thing i can come up with which is still just a concept, is that this body will stop functioning return to where it came from. (ya know "the world", not my mom).  whether or not "I" am a part of that process or if "I" die a different way  I wont know unless I get a direct experience of it and that would be most UN-desirable :) 

A thought just pooped into my head

(This is complete mental semantics but why not) 

Could physical body death be instant enlightenment, in a way? I truly have no idea what enlightenment "is" but you gotta figure that if your body is taken away(and all association to it, and further assume your mind is part of your body), If theres anything left to realize anything, wouldn't truth smack you in the head in a sense? And maybe your communicating with MASSIVELY "enlightened" beings that don the hat of their former psyches in order for a communication  to exist?

like I said just a thought :)

2 minutes ago, mike_herald said:

A thought just pooped into my head

(This is complete mental semantics but why not) 

Could physical body death be instant enlightenment, in a way? I truly have no idea what enlightenment "is" but you gotta figure that if your body is taken away(and all association to it, and further assume your mind is part of your body), If theres anything left to realize anything, wouldn't truth smack you in the head in a sense? And maybe your communicating with MASSIVELY "enlightened" beings that don the hat of their former psyches in order for a communication  to exist?

like I said just a thought :)

Precisely! 

31 minutes ago, Sarah_Flagg said:

happens when we die?

I think we come back as something else but our souls go to heaven. Depending how we have lived this life affects our next life. 

I spoke to this (I don't know what you call her) someone who tells you about your past life and helps you live a better life and be a better person in this life. She asked me if I was born with a birthmark anywhere on my body and I replied 'yes' and she said this is a symbol of something that happened in my past life that I did not confront or settle with so I need to deal with it in this life otherwise I will be re-bond again with the same birthmark until I have faced whatever it is. 

Complicated to explain but I found it interesting. 

35 minutes ago, TruthSeeker said:

Well, since we aren't actually our physical bodies. We are really our souls (which are "nothingness" or what we call here at actualized.org "God") so then after we biologically die so then nothing really changes with our real self. 

In other words, we are comprised of a physical body and a non physical part...a part that cant be seen. This part that cant be seen is "nothingness" (see Leos' video "All Of Religion Explained In One Video"). That (what ever it is) remains after you physically die. 

My feeling is that the more you become Enlighten (which loosely defined means "getting in touch with that nothingness") so the more you will be "alive" after you die since all thats left after you die is that "nothingness".

This makes sense to me...let me know what you think.

This is right onto what I believe. I got really into understanding death after I started connecting people and I read this book called, "The Afterlife of Billie Fingers." Essentially her brother passed away and he was communicating what the other side was like. He explained it as being apart of the universe, that souls were entire galaxies. It was an interesting read. Also, sometimes when souls on the other side they will tell me that certain things they did were "lessons" for their souls. It makes me believe in past lives. But, then what? We learn all these lessons from multiple lives to grow into even bigger nothingness? 

6 minutes ago, MIA.RIVEL said:

I think we come back as something else but our souls go to heaven. Depending how we have lived this life affects our next life. 

I spoke to this (I don't know what you call her) someone who tells you about your past life and helps you live a better life and be a better person in this life. She asked me if I was born with a birthmark anywhere on my body and I replied 'yes' and she said this is a symbol of something that happened in my past life that I did not confront or settle with so I need to deal with it in this life otherwise I will be re-bond again with the same birthmark until I have faced whatever it is. 

Complicated to explain but I found it interesting. 

This is also true. 

In other words, if we haven't prepared ourselves to be in touch with our true selves (this "nothingness" or "God") then we are "not ready" for death. So our soul (this nothingness) is put back into another body so it can (so to speak) have another chance at life to achieve enlightenment. Once a person actually reaches this state of being and then dies, he wont come back to this physical world with a birthmark. 

I think the reason for this, is that who ever created all of us, wants us to achieve this state of enlightenment and get in touvh with this nothingness, but he wants us to achieve it on our own using our own effort, he doesn't want to just give it to us for free (so to speak). So like mike_herald said, when we die we automatically achieve that state of being. So before we get it for free when we die. This "nothingness" wants us to acheive it on our own. (Just like sort of a parent wants his kids to earn the allowance and not just give him the money)

21 minutes ago, Sarah_Flagg said:

But, then what? We learn all these lessons from multiple lives to grow into even bigger nothingness? 

First of all. When we use the word nothingness. We have to understand that we have no idea what that word actually represents. 

With most words...like "dog"...we know it represents that 4 legged creature that barks. 

When it comes to this word nothingness. Its very abstract. We don't really have a grasp on it. Its sort of like how our minds cant understand infinity.

Let's keep in mind that this same "nothingness" also created everything in existence and is the source of everything. (As leo pointed out in "All Of Religion Explained In One Video")

So don't think of this "nothingness" as like a empty box. Rather  think of it as this "being" you is the source of all existence and the only reason we're calling it nothingness is because our minds cant grasp the infinite. In other words, its "nothingness" but at the same time its "everythingness"...confusing but true.

So to "grow into even bigger nothingness" is a Great thing...not a small little thing. Its a challenge and it involves perfecting yourself and expanding your mind and really being in touch with your inner self etc etc. 

Edited by TruthSeeker

10 minutes ago, TruthSeeker said:

First of all. When we use the word nothingness. We have to understand that we have no idea what that word actually represents. 

With most words...like "dog"...we know it represents that 4 legged creature that barks. 

When it comes to this word nothingness. Its very abstract. We don't really have a grasp on it. Its sort of like how our minds cant understand infinity.

Let's keep in mind that this same "nothingness" also created everything in existence and is the source of everything. (As leo pointed out in "All Of Religion Explained In One Video")

So don't think of this "nothingness" as like a empty box. Rather  think of it as this "being" you is the source of all existence and the only reason we're calling it nothingness is because our minds cant grasp the infinite.

So to "grow into even bigger nothingness" is a Great thing...not a small little thing. Its a challenge and it involves perfecting yourself and expanding your mind and really being in touch with your inner self etc etc. 

I didn't write that very clearly so I apologize. I do understand it is a great thing, as my initiation feels in line with this belief as well. 

Hello, Guys! :)

Leo, thank you for launching such a great resource.

I will try to be sweet and short. 

Death has become the central point of all my life and the biggest incentive to understand the basis of our Reality, it led me to advaita vedanta in 2009. So far I can not find any normal explanation of what really happens to Reality ("my" every day Reality")  after the death of the body? What happens with the focal point that we used to call "I"? 

As of right now "I" am aware that "something" exists! I just wonder what would happen to "I" and something" after death. I understand they are in bundle. 

When you say, death is illusion, okay, but how does the transition happen from one state of consciousness to another? That is what bothers me all the time.

One more thing to add: could we please avoid speculating about Ego, that is scared of dying. I am more asking about the "technical" part. I do realize that ego is scared and so on and so forth....I just want to know about body-reality correlation. 

Thank you so much.

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Oh well then I guess I'm also sorry. I guess I misunderstood you. So then what were you asking?

1 minute ago, TruthSeeker said:

Oh well then I guess I'm also sorry. I guess I misunderstood you. So then what were you asking?

I am just questioning why I guess. Once we become 100% "nothingness" that's it? We are just purely enlightened forever? What about guides? Maybe we then move onto another realm and become a guide for people still transitioning? These thoughts might be way way off I don't know, It is just something I think about often. :D 

Ok before I go to bed I thought I'd add my two cents to this question (great one by the way).

This is just one theory that has crossed my mind through the years and perhaps might seem logical to some and absurd to others. If you believe in other dimensions you might be like minded.

Imagine that there are senses beyond the seven we have in our reality. What if there are others that we are completely unaware of in this present state of mind.

The death we know is simply of our seven senses and birth of our eighth, ninth, tenth and so on. Death is just the expansion of our consciousness and higher levels of sensibility.   

Ever since childhood I've been both fascinated and terrified by death. 

I will not discuss the actual death here but what happens after what we perceive as death. 

I'm being guided through a whole new dimension as we speak, but it is so difficult to convey, I'll have to chose my words VERY carefully. 

I used to believe in reincarnation, but right now, there are louder and louder elements that make me believe that we do not "go" and "come back", but somehow all is simultaneous. This right here, is extremely difficult for human mind to understand, simply because part of its nature is to live in time. 

I believe that what you are accessing @Sarah_Flagg, is another timeline so to speak, where the consciousness that is called upon, is able to revert to this present timeline as the known (departed) person. 

Damn, this is so hard to put in words that make sense even to me.. Feels like playing a song without knowing the notes, you only know when the melody's not right. 

Going further, I also feel that we're somehow accompanied by the same "people" that keep changing "costumes" (bodies). and in the same time, all those people have so many facets to them, that in the end, there's not at all more people...but just one changing facet. 

I'm sorry, I'll stop here because I cannot really express what comes through... 

Hope this helped somehow tho :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

it's not that consciousness transitions from life to life, but that when someone dies their consciousness ceases to exist. Way I see it is that since there is no such thing as an  I, you are everyone, and everything, all at once, right now. Saying that consciousness jumps from you to another when you die is just another form of the ego except it's on a different level.

Great question but I don't want to say yes or no. I'm neutral. 

Typically, there's death, a burial, and eternal sleep. 

The heart stops, the blood stops flowing. The brain has no more blood or oxygen. Everything disappears. But something tells me that some mysterious part of you lives on.

The earth remains, we turn to dust. But what happens to our subconscious? Does it manifest itself into another realm? Death - an interesting topic to ponder. 

Edited by Argue

2 minutes ago, Sarah_Flagg said:

I am just questioning why I guess. Once we become 100% "nothingness" that's it? We are just purely enlightened forever? What about guides? Maybe we then move onto another realm and become a guide for people still transitioning? These thoughts might be way way off I don't know, It is just something I think about often. :D 

I think that, just like there are "levels" of how much someone can be enlightened here in this physical world. I think that is also true once we die. Its not "black and white" there are levels "there" as well. So if this "nothingness" "feels" that we could have earned more on our own so well come back here with a birthmark. But if we have earned this state of being on our own then we can bask in this amazing state of real true "nothingness" FOREVER!!!! yay!!!! 

Also its really for our own benefit. We appreciate something better if we've truly earned it. No one likes taking charity. 

When you say, death is illusion, okay, but how does the transition happen from one state of consciousness to another? That is what bothers me all the time.

I was stuck on this one for a long time. Yes, ego death is an illusion, since ego never existed in the first place. But in the realm of the phenomenal world (i.e 'reality' as we know it, our sense perceptions) there's a body and a sentience ("I Am"). That body + sentience was birthed, and eventually, it will cease to function and dissolve. That's what most people refer to as physical death, and it's most definitely real in regards to the phenomenal world. Your sense perceptions and sentience will cease at some point. So, yes, the sentient focal point you call "I" will cease to be. The way to confirm this is to examine what happens when you go to sleep. In deep sleep, there is no awareness of being alive, no sentience, no thoughts to confirm your existence. The focal point you call "I" is not the Truth due to its ephemeral nature. 

How does the transition happen from one state of consciousness to another? Nobody knows, and nobody can know. We don't even know if reincarnation exists; that's just a baseless assumption. How does physical death happen? It just does. Why? Because.

At this point, you're probably pretty down in the dumps reading what I just wrote. Fortunately, you're not any of these ephemeral things. 

Even when the body and the "I Am" dissolves, there is still something there...but it's not a thing at all. That, whatever that is, is Truth. Truth was never born and hence can never die. It's always been. Here's a quote that helped me contemplate Truth:

"Imagine that an ultimate Big Bang in reverse, a sort of anti-Big Bang, suddenly blows up all existence. Absolutely everything that could possibly be experienced is gone. Add to that: time has also been blown away, and space is non-existent. So there is really nothing at all left. Has Being ceased to be? Has existence disappeared or diminished in any way? No. Not at all. We confuse being some thing with Being. We confuse experience with what is. Notice that with nothing at all, existence still is. It just isn’t any thing. It doesn’t exist in or as space or time, and so not as process or experience. In other words, is can’t come or go, it can only is."

-Peter Ralston

Ultimately, even if the sun explodes and everything gets destroyed and nobody is sentient to experience it... Truth still is. It's just not in the form of anything. To acquire a grounded consciousness of that is another story.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

2 hours ago, Sarah_Flagg said:

Do you buy into the idea of death? 

To be specific I am going to define the tradition meaning of  death I am reffering to:

"Death is the termination of the biological functions that sustain a living organism."  

Credit: Wikipedia

What do you believe happens when we die?

I never gave this much thought, until I realized I was seeing and communicating with the so called "dead". Connecting people here in the physical world to those in a different realm is something I still try to soak in and understand. I can explain my exerperience and my inturpreatations of what it's like on the other side, but I have no scientific evidence to back myself up. The only evidence I have is the fact that I can and do connect total strangers to their loved ones. I would argue that the people on the other side are very much alive, even more so then the ones on the physical realm.

Because of this, I don't buy into the idea of "death".

I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Well, by that given definition you kind of have to buy into the idea of death if you are a rational person.  Death is just the name for when there is a cessation "of the biological functions that sustain" your body. 

And I'm sorry, but what?  Communicating with the dead, like how?  Are you certain you haven't just deluded yourself into thinking that you communicate with the dead?