Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hellooo

Should we take advice from other people?

10 posts in this topic

lately I was in a situation where I had to take advice from other people  , and I realized that each person was giving me an advice based on their ideologies and belief system, and I have since wondered, if you really need to take advice from other people  or never do it , I’d like to hear your thoughts on that.

Edited by Hellooo

It's good to hear the opinions of others once in a while. But it is really important to filter it by asking yourself. "Does this make sense to me?"

Taking advice blindly is bad; not giving a shit about the opinions of others is also bad. The middle path is always the best path.

Hope that helps.

one day this will all be memories

Drop black and white thinking, man.

It’s not like you either take all advice from everyone or don’t take advice from anyone at all.

Depends on what kind of advice it is. Depends who it is you’re taking advice from. Depends on how the advice fits in to your particular situation, etc etc.

I fall prey to black and white thinking a lot too, but I’m chaging that.

That’s my advice. Take it if you feel like it helps.

Edited by blankisomeone

13 hours ago, Hellooo said:

if you really need to take advice from other people  or never do it , I’d like to hear your thoughts on that.

If you can't think for yourself, you need the thoughts of other people.

If you disagree with their thoughts, you reject them. If you agree with their thoughts, you call their thoughts your own. 

When you are starting to understand the thoughts of others, it is best if you start thinking for yourself. 

13 hours ago, Hellooo said:

I realized that each person was giving me an advice based on their ideologies and belief system, 

You're not taking advice from Leo??

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

Taking advice from others can be extremely useful, because you are possibly getting another perspective that might not have been possible for you to consider on your own.

This exploration will help you expand, don't close yourself off to that.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Taking advice from others is very helpful since you can view your problem in another perspective.

Asking is a shortcut. It is helpful to get a starting point. However I noticed that sometimes I ask too many questions. What it does is turning my mind off because I don't feel responsibility anymore. This is a way to loose willpower. Be mindful when and why you are asking for advice.

well wisdom is relative, I am unable to listen to my parents because they have a self bias in mind to secure my future 

Of course, its all love at the end of the day, but their advice is very unoptimal and based in fear, instead of being optimal 

It takes time to develop these distinctions but in time you will 

I own someconfidence in some of my friends in their business wisdom becuase they are experienced in that area, but since my world view is severely informed by spiral dynamics, I know they have incomplete perspectives that doesnt involve the full range of the spiral 

Edited by Jacob Morres