VeganAwake

Is "Consciousness" being used as spiritual salvation

34 posts in this topic

Could it just be another fear based form of hope like people use religion. The belief that although the physical body will eventually perish, a part of the conscious 'ME' as 'I' know it will go on living eternally.

What if Consciousness was just a fear of death based thought.... or like a subconscious under the radar egoic survival strategy.

Like where or what is consciousness... is it just another thought? I mean you aren't conscious of what is happening at the neighbors house right now; you aren't conscious of what's happening down the street; you're not conscious of what's happening in the next city over; you're not conscious of what is happening on the other side of the world.

I know some would say it's prior to thought or it transcends thought but if the separate sense of 'self' is a misidentification with thought, what is left.

Could consciousness just be a thought about a state of awareness that transcends thinking, time and space?

Is Consciousness getting confused with the bodies eyesight and infinite imagination?

Is consciousness just another belief?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

14 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Only one way to find out

Hehe like that ?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

14 minutes ago, Pookie said:

Yes, this whole time you were mortal. You will die and nothing will remain of you. That you will live eternally as immortal consciousness was nothing but a lie sold to fragile egos who are too afraid to accept the inevitability of their own oblivion and demise. 

Dang pookie out of the blue with No Fear ....where have you been my whole life ❤ 

My oldest son's nickname is actually pookie bear.... I have no idea where it came from lol.

Interesting reply thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Like where or what is consciousness... is it just another thought?

No, its not. No wonder you misunderstand my posts so badly. 

Sounds like it's time to chuck what you think you know and start over.

Good luck

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@VeganAwake I have a question.. You say the self is illusory.. Or the identification with a separate self that exists somewhere behind the eyes is illusion. If so.. Why there is a sense of self at all?.   I mean if there's no ego then why there is ego? Lol you get what I'm saying? . If  "I" is illusory then why it seems like "I" am the most real and consistent thing ever?  It's basically the center of my whole existence. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

28 minutes ago, Ananta said:

No, its not. No wonder you misunderstand my posts so badly. 

Sounds like it's time to chuck what you think you know and start over.

Good luck

The thread was intended for people that are able to empty their glass... for unknowers.

Good luck to you as well ❤

26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@VeganAwake I have a question.. You say the self is illusory.. Or the identification with a separate self that exists somewhere behind the eyes is illusion. If so.. Why there is a sense of self at all?.   I mean if there's no ego then why there is ego? Lol you get what I'm saying? . If  "I" is illusory then why it seems like "I" am the most real and consistent thing ever?  It's basically the center of my whole existence. 

I use ego and separate sense of 'self' interchangeably. 

Holy mackerel do you read anything 'I' post ❤ jk

Not the identification WITH... that would imply duality.... as if there's something else identifying with the illusion no.

It's the identification AS THE thoughts feelings perceptions beliefs accumulated knowledge labels concepts and contracted energy within the body that has layered since around 2 or 3 yrs old and become the illusory separate self-identity today.

Because it's all you know and most don't inquire enough to recognize it.... it's kind of like that term "if it's not broke don't try and fix it"

And who wants to find out there an illusion anyways.... definitely not the ego or separate sense of self, that's its entire reality... it's only capable of saying I amimportant; I have purpose ;I am meaningful and I am valuable... me me me.. I am the center of the universe.

It's the other way around.

There's no physical body, street, 'dying', or thoughts, Only Conscioussness.

If you don't like the name, you can call it "Pizza", either way that's what reality is, only One thing that morfs and forms duality to experience itself.

It cannot conceive of its own unreality because it recognizes that's its own death..." to die before you die"

There for the ego or separate sense of self can only say one thing...." this is not it".... as long as the seeking continues it stays alive... running on the hamster wheel forever seeking fulfillment in the future so the ego can survive...

He he he he crazy right.

Conciousness =Love

"Santa" stop creating this it's about time. 

Time for Saint Tropez. 

13 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

It cannot conceive of its own unreality because it recognizes that's its own death..." to die before you die"

So there's an "it" or there isn't?  Because if there is then this doesn't make sense.. And if there isn't then this doesn't make sense also! 

Or there is and there isn't?   Lol it's so paradoxical 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

@Someone here  check out from 4:00-12:05 & 44:00-53:25

10 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@Someone here  check out from 4:00-12:05 & 44:00-53:25

26 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

OK thanks. Wil watch that and see what the hustle is about lol ❤️

-Osho

The one who talks as if he knows what this is, is the one whose disappearance is sought. There is no one who knows that this morphs and changes, there is nothing to discover. Enlightenment is a myth, it is within the experience that this needs something.

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So there's an "it" or there isn't?  Because if there is then this doesn't make sense.. And if there isn't then this doesn't make sense also! 

Or there is and there isn't?   Lol it's so paradoxical 

Think of it like a mirage in the desert...

Although it's not real, it has the ability to trick you into walking endlessly for a drink of water just ahead.

So in that sense it's real until it's recognized it's not... and of course ultimately it was never real... it was a mirage. ❤

Don't get lost in concepts bro ❤️

The blue sky, the sun, and some good music in the ears while walking and maybe thinking about a new loving good dream for this imaginary "no one" .. that is what is, not all this conceptual masturbation trying to define something as Absolute as Consciousness... It's like a hand trying to grasp itself, not a fruitful pursuit.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

22 minutes ago, traveler said:

The one who talks as if he knows what this is, is the one whose disappearance is sought. There is no one who knows that this morphs and changes, there is nothing to discover. Enlightenment is a myth, it is within the experience that this needs something.

The recognition for no one that there's nothing to find and no one who could find it because it's already everything. ?

32 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

The recognition for no one that there's nothing to find and no one who could find it because it's already everything. ?

It's such a subtle shift that it went totally unnoticed here. Like the individual was "so" illusory that when it went away nothing happened. 

9 minutes ago, traveler said:

It's such a subtle shift that it went totally unnoticed here. Like the individual was "so" illusory that when it went away nothing happened. 

Totally get it...

Here it was like: "huh that's strange" lol...

Then the next day drawing pictures of an onion like object shedding layers of the conditioned self haha.

Felt like something profound and nothing simultaneously. ?

2 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Don't get lost in concepts bro ❤️

The blue sky, the sun, and some good music in the ears while walking and maybe thinking about a new loving good dream for this imaginary "no one" .. that is what is, not all this conceptual masturbation trying to define something as Absolute as Consciousness... It's like a hand trying to grasp itself, not a fruitful pursuit.

Are you curious if others outside of this forum would consider you awakened?

I've received confirmation several months ago and cross-checked from multiple Liberation Unleashed Guides which all agreed that Liberation has occurred here although the illusion of self had been seen through over a year ago.

If you truly want to make sure you're not kidding yourself or being mislead... I would consider it ❤

Here's some of the information from their website:

We are fully aware of the fact that the term “Liberation” has different meanings in different traditions. In order to not set up false expectations, we'd like to make it clear that we use the word in a very specific way. In the context of Liberation Unleashed, liberation refers to the clear, unambiguous and direct realisation of the absence of a separate self. Because not everyone, perhaps no one comes to the Gate without at least some degree of latent tendencies, what we refer to as liberation may not be what you expect of it. Seeing self for what it really is - a story, does not mean that your life is suddenly upgraded in every conceivable way. Old habits, beliefs, programming and conditioning will very probably remain in place. Awakening from the story of you allows old patterns to drop away quickly. The foundation upon which these patterns were based is gone. In this sense, liberation is just the beginning.

Edited by VeganAwake