An young being

Can consciousness partly separate from the body?

30 posts in this topic

This question just came in my mind and I am curious. From what I understand,  we are able to get a glimpse of reality by making our tiny consciousness in this body merge with the whole consciousness, although for a short period of time. But we get to come back to the body and have that experience recorded in our memory.

When we make our tiny consciousness merge completely with the whole consciousness, we experience what we call as mahasamadhi and we never return to the body, as per my understanding. ( That's the only way since one cannot come back from dead to tell what is experienced.)

Likewise, is it possible that a part of consciousness ( imagine few drops of water separating from a pool of water and joining the ocean ) separate from our individual consciousness and merge with the whole consciousness ? If it's possible, we are likely to lose a part of soul and we may become a little less human and more animal, maybe ? This is a wild thing, I know, but has anybody heard of such people who were in the extreme of the extremes and only partly able to come back?

Consciousness can do whatever it wants to, so yes (and it is infinite and free beyond free and thus can do infinite things)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

4 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Consciousness can do whatever it wants to, so yes (and it is infinite and free beyond free and thus can do infinite things)

Does this mean some people who enter a stage between enlightenment and maha samadhi have a good chance to lose a part of their consciousness when they come back to this reality without dying?

Enlightenment and maha samadhi are concepts which you obviously have no clue of what points to. Hell, maha samadhi, wtf man, I can't even remember what these two meaningless words point to, something about leaving the world for good?? (More concepts)

Their consciousness? Consciousness is not anyone's to keep man.

There are no one here but Love. And Love is identical to Consciousness.

This reality is the only reality. It's already infinite, it could never not be infinite...only imagined to be finite/divided, which is what you're doing now.

Who can die? Like really? What can die? Bodies and only bodies. Bodies may have imagined personalities associated with them with imaginary memories, sure, that's how the dream works brother, that's how you and I imagined it to behave, u see? Pretty good work we did! I like the blue sky and the sun the most of all that which we created together, what about you? Icecream? Ass? xD

What is imagining the world with its human bodies and personalities/memories???

Me you god love

Let go of concepts and enjoy life. Listen to music and chop some wood whila ya doin it will you?❤️

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

8 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Enlightenment and maha samadhi are concepts which you obviously have no clue of what points to. Hell, maha samadhi, wtf man, I can't even remember what these two meaningless words point to, something about leaving the world for good?? (More concepts)

Normal samadhi gives a glimpse of reality for a small period of time. Maha samadhi leads to a permanent merging with reality. ( As a few enlightened beings have theorised ). I don't have any interest in attaining Maha Samadhi.  

Their consciousness? Consciousness is not anyone's to keep man.

Yes of course. It's everywhere, but its intensity seems to vary.

There are no one here but Love. And Love is identical to Consciousness.

Ok, but still you say it's identical but not exactly the same. Love is also one of the emotions experienced in this reality. Maybe love is the communication tool between this reality and the higher one. Nobody knows.

This reality is the only reality. It's already infinite, it could never not be infinite...only imagined to be finite/divided, which is what you're doing now.

Yes, I am trying to bridge the finite and infinite, even if it is not possible. I am trying. Nobody knows if it is possible.

Who can die? Like really? What can die? Bodies and only bodies. Bodies may have imagined personalities associated with them with imaginary memories, sure, that's how the dream works brother, that's how you and I imagined it to behave, u see? Pretty good work we did! I like the blue sky and the sun the most of all that which we created together, what about you? Icecream? Ass? xD

Yeah, nothing can die, it may be an illusion, but even if we created this illusion, we don't want it to end soon. That's how we have designed ourselves.

What is imagining the world with its human bodies and personalities/memories???

Me you god love

Let go of concepts and enjoy life. Listen to music and chop some wood whila ya doin it will you?❤️

Making concepts is like listening to music and chopping wood for me. It gives me joy. That's why I do it and try to make us realize the truth even better. I know that nothing matters, still we do something right ? Being in the now and enjoying it works, but it will make everything nothing again. If I want nothing, why would I imagine everything? 

5 hours ago, An young being said:

Can consciousness partly separate from the body?

"Body" is made out of consciousness. Consciousness is the substance of everything.

Your question sounds like "can water partly separate from the river?"

unborn Truth

31 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

"Body" is made out of consciousness. Consciousness is the substance of everything.

Your question sounds like "can water partly separate from the river?"

I will rephrase the question. Can a body become less ( or more ) conscious?

This question is of relevance only if the concept of maha samadhi is real. It is considered as the highest path of spirituality atleast by some people. 

If we reach such state, the soul ( or consciousness ) is said to leave the body. So, the body has no conscious since it is dead. So, does this mean there is a varying level of consciousness in the space perceived by us?

There's no body just conscioussness so the question is not very easy to answer.

On 6/28/2020 at 8:05 AM, An young being said:

This question just came in my mind and I am curious. From what I understand,  we are able to get a glimpse of reality by making our tiny consciousness in this body merge with the whole consciousness, although for a short period of time. But we get to come back to the body and have that experience recorded in our memory.

When we make our tiny consciousness merge completely with the whole consciousness, we experience what we call as mahasamadhi and we never return to the body, as per my understanding. ( That's the only way since one cannot come back from dead to tell what is experienced.)

There is no going somewhere else or coming back. Consciousness is right in the moment, including Mahasamadhi. Body is never exist if you dont think. Thoughts are the creation of the duality..

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

21 hours ago, An young being said:

I will rephrase the question. Can a body become less ( or more ) conscious?

This question is of relevance only if the concept of maha samadhi is real. It is considered as the highest path of spirituality atleast by some people. 

If we reach such state, the soul ( or consciousness ) is said to leave the body. So, the body has no conscious since it is dead. So, does this mean there is a varying level of consciousness in the space perceived by us?

As you noted, maya samadhi is a concept, which is another word for a thought. 

“Body” is also a thought, a word you learned. So you’ll find clarity rephrasing the question...”Is thought less or more conscious”. Furthermore, “less or more conscious”, is also a thought. The nature of that thought, is comparison. Without realizing, the very infinite consciousness sought is being reduced to “finite”, as “individual separate people”, which are being compared. As you are not separate of infinite consciousness, experience is reduced with the veil unknowingly added, of “I am separate”, or, “I am a finite object”. You can check this in direct experience by attempting to perceive (visually speaking) ...a thought (to verify it is only a thought).  If there is interest in freeing of the unseen matrix of thought attachment, daily morning meditation, self-sincerity, continued inspection, and the fundamentals of well being are the way. 

Consider ‘inspecting awareness’... Propose the questions, “am I aware?”, and “am I aware that I am aware?” Then, look in direct experience for something else which is similar to this awareness. Look for anything which is ‘just like’ the experience of awareness. Look for where this awareness begins & ends, look for the actual ‘edges’ of ‘it’. Be sure to note any arising thoughts, are thoughts. Specifically, notice if thoughts, as labels of “things”, are being believed or not. It can be helpful to replace the labels, with made up words, to break the pattern. For example, in perceiving a lamp, ‘re-label’ with “hrebzs”. This helps the realization that “it” was never “a lamp”, as “lamp” was only ever, a thought - rather than the actuality of perception. 

Just as “body” is a thought, “dead” & “space” are no more than thoughts. These are beliefs based on an assumption that ‘matter’ is inert, or alive-less, sts. Again, notice there is awareness, and there is feeling. Consider that thus far, innocently & effortlessly, there has been a ‘pairing’ of the thought “my”, with awareness & feeling. Again, look for ‘edges’ of where awareness feeling begin or end. Look until there is satisfaction with the inspection. 

It might begin to dawn that every appearing thought is made of the very consciousness the thought seems to be about. In recognizing the futility of “thinking about consciousness”, a new appreciation and inspiration for the practices & inspection of direct experience might arise. What appears to forget, forgets to appear, and what appears to be finite, can inspect the actuality & nature of it’s infinitude, thus remembering. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm does anything exist except thoughts? 

Or I should say is there something which is not thoughts that these thoughts are trying to capture or represent (whether it succeeds or fails is another issue)? 

Why do thoughts exist if they are delusional useless distractions? 

Ps. If you told me that  "exist" "capture" "represent" "delusional" "useless" are thoughts I'm gonna block you lmao jk ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

“Why” is a thought. 

You left the backdoor open. I sneaked right in lol. 

LOL I knew it ?.  

If you do have a relative answer to that would appreciate it because obviously every single word is a thought so that doesn't say much. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here

Nobody could really know. Maybe one day there’ll be a book explaining it. Maybe you’ll even write it. But then, that would mean the thoughts weren’t delusional, had use, and weren’t a distraction. That’d be a tough challenge for you I think. 

I don't think that thoughts are delusional useless distractions, they are a quality of a conscious mind that is aware of itself. Since the Universe is mental, it cannot be aware of itself without all the thoughts arising in the infinite imagination. So there's of no use to demonize the entire thought process just because it is associated with judgement... as it's not always the case. The only problem is that you could get lost in thoughts and miss the essence of life which is everythingness.

Those who think they understand the it, do not really understand it ;)

Edited by Member

1 hour ago, James123 said:

There is no going somewhere else or coming back. Consciousness is right in the moment, including Mahasamadhi. Body is never exist if you dont think. Thoughts are the creation of the duality..

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

There's no body just conscioussness so the question is not very easy to answer.

If body is a thought and hence does not exist, what about the empty 3d space occupied by the body?

?
1 hour ago, Nahm said:

As you noted, maya samadhi is a concept, which is another word for a thought. 

Yeah, you are right. Even if somebody experiences it, they will never come back to share the experience. So, let it remain as a thought, which is good for everybody.

“Body” is also a thought, a word you learned. So you’ll find clarity rephrasing the question...”Is thought less or more conscious”. Furthermore, “less or more conscious”, is also a thought. The nature of that thought, is comparison. Without realizing, the very infinite consciousness sought is being reduced to “finite”, as “individual separate people”, which are being compared. As you are not separate of infinite consciousness, experience is reduced with the veil unknowingly added, of “I am separate”, or, “I am a finite object”. You can check this in direct experience by attempting to perceive (visually speaking) ...a thought (to verify it is only a thought).  

In direct ( or semi-direct ) experience, body seems to be a thought, but what about the 3-dimensional empty space it occupies? Space may also be a thought, but what about the empty space which has nothing? 

Even though everything we do / present here is a thought, the thoughts are extremely well structured that they follow certain complex finite rules in this world we perceive. Individuals like scientists are so deep into decoding these set of finite rules, that they may never reach the infinite.

But the main question that arises is, why does the infinitely capable consciousness create this finite world filled with finite rules and making it move in time? This has never seem to found an answer in awakening or something advanced than that, and hence not in direct experience, but still many individuals advocate that everything is happening just because it's happening and that's the only possibility. I am trying to explore all possibilities. 

If there is interest in freeing of the unseen matrix of thought attachment, daily morning meditation, self-sincerity, continued inspection, and the fundamentals of well being are the way. 

Consider ‘inspecting awareness’... Propose the questions, “am I aware?”, and “am I aware that I am aware?” Then, look in direct experience for something else which is similar to this awareness. Look for anything which is ‘just like’ the experience of awareness. Look for where this awareness begins & ends, look for the actual ‘edges’ of ‘it’. Be sure to note any arising thoughts, are thoughts. Specifically, notice if thoughts, as labels of “things”, are being believed or not. It can be helpful to replace the labels, with made up words, to break the pattern. For example, in perceiving a lamp, ‘re-label’ with “hrebzs”. This helps the realization that “it” was never “a lamp”, as “lamp” was only ever, a thought - rather than the actuality of perception. 

Just as “body” is a thought, “dead” & “space” are no more than thoughts. These are beliefs based on an assumption that ‘matter’ is inert, or alive-less, sts. Again, notice there is awareness, and there is feeling. Consider that thus far, innocently & effortlessly, there has been a ‘pairing’ of the thought “my”, with awareness & feeling. Again, look for ‘edges’ of where awareness feeling begin or end. Look until there is satisfaction with the inspection. 

It might begin to dawn that every appearing thought is made of the very consciousness the thought seems to be about. In recognizing the futility of “thinking about consciousness”, a new appreciation and inspiration for the practices & inspection of direct experience might arise. What appears to forget, forgets to appear, and what appears to be finite, can inspect the actuality & nature of it’s infinitude, thus remembering. 

Thank you for suggesting the 'tools' to perceive actuality. I am moving in that direction. Maybe some of the questions I have will disappear in this path to 'remember' actuality.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Nobody could really know. Maybe one day there’ll be a book explaining it. Maybe you’ll even write it. But then, that would mean the thoughts weren’t delusional, had use, and weren’t a distraction. That’d be a tough challenge for you I think. 

This is really a nice thought.:Dthinking about it gives me goosebumps!

@Someone here thoughts or words creates the dualities

@An young being there is no body (as your body and nobody ) is here. You created by thoughts. But where are you in the body that can creat The thoughts?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

5 minutes ago, An young being said:

what about the empty space which has nothing?

If emptiness has nothing technically it wouldn’t be empty. Also if emotionless had nothing there would be two, and therefore no actual emptiness nor nothing. 

7 minutes ago, An young being said:

reach the infinite.

If there is infinity, there is not “this other thing” which could “reach it”. 

8 minutes ago, An young being said:

But the main question that arises is, why does the infinitely capable consciousness create this finite world filled with finite rules and making it move in time?

The most obvious answer would simply be that it doesn’t. 

27 minutes ago, Member said:

I don't think that thoughts are delusional useless distractions, they are a quality of a conscious mind that is aware of itself. Since the Universe is mental, it cannot be aware of itself without all the thoughts arising in the infinite imagination. So there's of no use to demonize the entire thought process just because it is associated with judgement... as it's not always the case. The only problem is that you could get lost in thoughts and miss the essence of life which is everythingness.

Those who think they understand the it, do not really understand it ;)

Yeah, maybe we are still able to perceive the true essence of life, so that we don't get lost in our thoughts and forget our true nature. A balanced world! Imagine what will happen if everything around us become thoughts, that we all are unable to 'contact' our true nature and become robots in the future.

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If emptiness has nothing technically it wouldn’t be empty. Also if emotionless had nothing there would be two, and therefore no actual emptiness nor nothing.

Sorry, my tiny mind is not able to get it. I assume you meant 'emptiness' instead of 'emotionless'. If so, Is 'nothing' technically made up of something? 

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If there is infinity, there is not “this other thing” which could “reach it”. 

27 minutes ago, An young being said:

Ok, I seem to get this point.

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The most obvious answer would simply be that it doesn’t.

What I understand from your words is that all realities we perceive exist in a single moment of consciousness, and hence time has no meaning. Still, I believe that some meaning can be found and it will all make sense one day. Maybe not in this part of time, but atleast in some other part of time.