Epikur

Cities run by the Democratic Party and crime in the US

82 posts in this topic

Here the question is asked is Batman a fascist?

What happens is that normally big cities tend to vote for more liberal politicians, and of course... a big city will have more crimes because there's more concentration of people, more money is in those big cities, so more people come to get their part of the cake and some want it doing bad things.

You will never see a conservative on those cities, that happens not only in USA, all around the world big cities tend to vote more open minded and liberal politicians. If a conservative wins in a big city he will have to confront the same problems that liberals are facing.

But, they would never accept that. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Actual Justice Warrior vs. The Surf (Vaush 2.0) on crime

Edited by Epikur

55 minutes ago, Epikur said:

This is an example of sensationalist framing. She was not “murdered for saying ‘All Lives Matter’”. There was a confrontation between two groups and BOTH groups contributed to the escalation. Her group was yelling racial slurs and I’m sure the other group was also using some strong profanity as well. Both groups were armed and threatened to kill each other. It de-escalated to the point they separated. Someone from the other group, returned and shot her. This of course is excessive violence and this person should be charged for murder. Yet to frame this as a woman simply walking along saying “All Lives Matter” and getting shot for it, is a gross distortion. It’s not even known if she was the one who yelled “All Lives Matter”.

1 minute ago, Forestluv said:

This is an example of sensationalist framing. She was not “murdered for saying ‘All Lives Matter’”. There was a confrontation between two groups and her group contributed. Her group was yelling racial slurs and I’m sure the other group was also using some strong profanity. Both groups were armed and threatened to kill each other. It de-escalated to the point they separated. Someone from the other group, returned and shot her. This of course is excessive violence and this person should be charged for murder. Yet to frame this as a woman simply walking along saying “All Lives Matter” and getting shot for it, is a gross distortion. 

It's sensationalist because it hast no chance to make it in to mainstream liberal media I guess. Many CNN viewers don't know these stories are happening like the people got killed by violent protestors like David Dorn and so on.

You will probably not get this on CNN:

11 minutes ago, Epikur said:

It's sensationalist because it hast no chance to make it in to mainstream liberal media I guess.

That is not the sensationalism. This was a crime and the person should be charged for murder. Yet the story should be told accurately. Framing it as if some woman was simply walking down the street and said “All Lives Matter” and got shot for it is a distortion for sensationalism. It gets more clicks and online traffic.

These were two groups, both armed with guns. There was a racially-charged encounter that BOTH groups contributed to and BOTH groups drew weapons and threatened to kill each other. This in no way condones the shooting and there should be a charge of murder. Yes, people are getting killed on both sides of racially-charged encounters. Yet to frame this as a white woman simply walking along saying “All Lives Matter” and getting shot for it by a BLM gang is a gross misrepresentation of the incident. These types of misrepresentations have become common place on the internet. It fuels people’s agendas and spikes up internet traffic. 

On 7/14/2020 at 9:20 PM, Forestluv said:

This is an example of sensationalist framing. She was not “murdered for saying ‘All Lives Matter’”. There was a confrontation between two groups and BOTH groups contributed to the escalation. Her group was yelling racial slurs and I’m sure the other group was also using some strong profanity as well. Both groups were armed and threatened to kill each other. It de-escalated to the point they separated. Someone from the other group, returned and shot her. This of course is excessive violence and this person should be charged for murder. Yet to frame this as a woman simply walking along saying “All Lives Matter” and getting shot for it, is a gross distortion. It’s not even known if she was the one who yelled “All Lives Matter”.

Fox News

Police have not independently verified whether the supposed argument over “Black Lives Matter” occurred or if the fatal shooting was even connected.

MSN

The woman, 24-year-old Jessica Doty Whitaker, was walking along Indianapolis Canal Walk with her fiancé, Jose Ramirez, and two other people around 3 a.m. on July 5

A brief argument ensued until both sides separated after realizing the other was armed, Fox 59 reported. Ramirez claimed that both sides managed to resolve the argument before separating.
But minutes later, someone reportedly opened fire from a nearby bridge, striking Whitaker, before running away, the station said.

“It was squashed, and they went up the hill and left we thought, but they were sitting on St. Clair waiting for us to come under the bridge and that’s when she got shot,” Ramirez said.

Ramirez admitted to returning fire but did not hit anyone.

I love how the word radical gets tossed around like it’s a bad thing. Some things need radical action, example climate, criminal justice reform, housing, etc etc etc. you say sit and finger point about how badly these people are but at least they are doing something with their lives whether you agree with it or not.

i understand that there are conservatives on this forum but I wish to understand the cognitive dissonance in your mind with agreeing with actualized.org and Leo’s purpose and then still trying to finger point and play us vs them mentality and being aware of spiral dynamics but still blaming the excess of green like it’s a terrible thing although you know it’s just a reaction to toxic blue orange and a red president, can you imagine a world in which there were no riots after George Floyd or just everyone agreed with trump or any president for that matter democrat or republican, it’s not going to happen dude.

Edited by Gidiot

also crimes happen, but the typical conservative response I see is to shit on criminals and punish them More intensely “law and order” while the progressive response is to find out the cause of such riots and crime and problems, yes there are sjws and antifa and some toxic aspects but is it ruining the country anywhere close to trump and his administration... hell no.

2 hours ago, Epikur said:

@Gidiot

Law and order like this?

This is very typical of the Left.  A politician can protect themselves but the common person is not allowed.  Businesses are still being vandalized and looted in Chicago and other cities.  People from Chicago and Minneapolis are flocking to Wisconsin and making permanent residency here in order to get away from the lack of safety in the large cities.  I think this will be a hot button issue for voters this fall.