JayG84

Is Time Fundamental?

69 posts in this topic

I would like to see Leo speak more about the nature of Time. It seems to be a fundemental aspect of Infinite Consciousness just like Intelligence or Love. Many people say that time is an illusion, but its only an illusion in the relative sense. Time must exist for existence itself to happen. An infinitesimal amount of "moments" strung together to give a "framerate" to our reality. If time didn't exist, we would be completely frozen in this instant and we could not have an experience. 

Have you guys had any insights into the nature of time?

This video got me thinking about it and he brings up very good points:

Edited by JayG84

Time is change.

What is a day ? A full rotation of the earth around itself. That means an hour on earth is different from an hour on Mars because they have different diameter which means it takes longer  or shorter to complete a full rotation around itself. 

So time is not a seperate entity from the spatial dimension as what Newton thought. It's the constant Flux of space itself and it's content.  Time is motion itself. And since motion is impossible time is impossible.   What?  Yeah to move one meter you have to first move half a meter and to move half a meter you have to move 1/4 a meter.. And so on to infinity.. So it's theoritcally impossible for any object to move. Unless if every object moves relative to the other. Which is what the universe is.  Everything moving relative to each other..and therfore staying still.  

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

My take is that "time and space" are "within" infinite consciousness, not a fundamental aspect of it. Ppl say time is an illusion, because it's as real as the objective changing reality both subtle and gross.

Although it takes time and space to create a framework of objective reality, as said, it isn't infinite consciousness, except to say that it is created by, made of, illumined by infinite consciousness. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Well thanks for sharing that Lol I’m Ethan from the video. If anyone wants to hear a summary so that they don’t have to watch the full 20 minute explanation: Time, Consciousness, Experience, & Infinity are all One. That’s why time is infinitely flexible and relativistic in nature 

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Time is change.

What is an day ? A full rotation of the earth around itself. That means an hour on earth is different from an hour on Mars because they have different diameter which means it takes longer  or shorter to complete a full rotation around itself. 

So time is not a seperate entity from the spacial dimension as what Newton thought. It's the constant Flux of space itself and it's content.  Time is motion itself. And since motion is impossible time is impossible.   What?  Yeah to move one meter you have to first move half a meter and to move half a meter you have to move 1/4 a meter.. And so on to infinity.. So it's theoritcally impossible for any object to move. Unless if every object moves relative to the other. Which is what the universe is.  Everything moving relative to each other..and therfore staying still.  

Agreed, but all that is the Relative definition of time. I'm talking about in the Absolute sense. 

7 minutes ago, Ananta said:

My take is that "time and space" are "within" infinite consciousness, not a fundamental aspect of it. Ppl say time is an illusion, because it's as real as the objective changing reality both subtle and gross.

Although it takes time and space to create a framework of objective reality, as said, it isn't infinite consciousness, except to say that it is created by, made of, illumined by infinite consciousness. 

What about the infinite nature of time itself? An instant can be said to be 0 time which would cease to be any experience or awareness. And any moment could be an infinite amount of instances in a wave like state that's relative to the experiencer. Are you saying that consciousness is just the Instant and that the relative wave-like nature is the illusion?

12 minutes ago, Synchronicity said:

Well thanks for sharing that Lol I’m Ethan from the video. If anyone wants to hear a summary so that they don’t have to watch the full 20 minute explanation: Time, Consciousness, Experience, & Infinity are all One. That’s why time is infinitely flexible and relativistic in nature 

Well hello Ethan! Been watching a lot of your stuff lately. Very interesting stuff. The nature of time seems to be something that a lot of this community glosses over. I appreciate your perspectives  ?

Time is purely conceptual and imaginary.

When you become conscious enough you can just stop imagining it. You can just forget it like you do an old childhood memory, until it pops back into your mind.

Time is a conceptual projection of your mind. Don't confuse it with raw experience. Just because raw experience changes DOES NOT mean it happens in time. Change and time are not the same thing, even though we measure time by using change.

Also be careful with thinking that reality occurs in frames or has a frame rate. It does not. There is one continuous field.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, JayG84 said:

Well hello Ethan! Been watching a lot of your stuff lately. Very interesting stuff. The nature of time seems to be something that a lot of this community glosses over. I appreciate your perspectives  ?

I’m glad you’re finding the content very valuable! And yeah, many on this forum just have a narrower definition of time than what I’m applying in the video. For that reason, they may consider what’s said in the video to be materialistic or dualistic. So let’s get ready for some Brown Bear responses ?

1 minute ago, JayG84 said:

Agreed, but all that is the Relative definition of time. I'm talking about in the Absolute sense. 

As I said time is not real from the absolute sense.  Thers is no time from absolute sense. Only relative to motion.  No motion no time.  And since motion is not happening from absolute perspective. Time is not happening from absolute perspective. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Time is purely conceptual and imaginary.

When you become conscious enough you can just stop imagining it. You can just forget it like you do an old childhood memory, until it pops back into your mind.

Time is a conceptual projection of your mind. Don't confuse it with raw experience. Just because raw experience changes DO NOT mean it happens in time. Change and time are not the same thing, even though we measure time by using change.

Just now, Someone here said:

As I said time is not real from the absolute sense.  Thers is no time from absolute sense. Only relative to motion.  No motion no time.  And since motion is not happening from absolute perspective. Time is not happening from absolute perspective. 

Yeah see @JayG84 they’re applying different definitions than the one in the video. You may not receive the responses you’re expecting 

@Synchronicity bro it's you lol.

Been watching your channel for a while. Tbh your channel is like actualized. org light edition lol :)xD

-Osho

@JayG84

If time did not exist, and you were watching a movie, you’d probably think time was passing and existed. If it was then remembered that time doesn’t exist, intelligence & love would still be present. In realizing you only thought time existed (cause of the movie watchin) time would not be regarded as a relative sense, but rather as relative thinking. As there is awareness of this “relative thinking”, there appears to be, awareness. With time being relative thinking, this awareness of relative, would have to be not-relative, but yet, exist. What exists which is not relative, exists in any and all possibilities, except not existing, and therefore would be existence. So existence would be most fundamental...except...you’re reading about existence. Which I would think would make you wonder...what if that movie you’d watched, since there wasn’t time, was actually a frameless potentiality screen, appearing as a layer-less probability of waveless color & motion. Again, that’s if time did not exist. As always, up to you.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

42 minutes ago, Synchronicity said:

Yeah see @JayG84 they’re applying different definitions than the one in the video. You may not receive the responses you’re expecting 

Yeah. That's ok. I'm just interested in hearing peoples perspective of it. I think your definition is still pointing to the truth when you talk about Nothing being a "negator term" in a logical sense. You and this forum have a different scope of what logic can express. To you, infinity is logical and to others infinity is beyond logic. I can definitely see where you're coming from. ?

36 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@JayG84

If time did not exist, and you were watching a movie, you’d probably think time was passing and existed. If it was then remembered that time doesn’t exist, intelligence & love would still be present. In realizing you only thought time existed (cause of the movie watchin) time would not be regarded as a relative sense, but rather as relative thinking. As there is awareness of this “relative thinking”, there appears to be, awareness. With time being relative thinking, this awareness of relative, would have to be not-relative, but yet, exist. What exists which is not relative, exists in any and all possibilities, except not existing, and therefore would be existence. So existence would be most fundamental...except...you’re reading about existence. Which I would think would make you wonder...what if that movie you’d watched, since there wasn’t time, was actually a frameless potentiality screen, appearing as a layer-less probability of waveless color & motion. Again, that’s if time did not exist. As always, up to you.

I see where you're coming from. But fundamentally, what is motion if not the passing of "moments"? And isn't part of the intelligence of it all a beautiful sequence of events playing out?

Its apparent... real and unreal

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 minute ago, LastThursday said:

Time exists as much as your mother does.

?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

45 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

I see where you're coming from. But fundamentally, what is motion if not the passing of "moments"? And isn't part of the intelligence of it all a beautiful sequence of events playing out?

Not-motion. Sequence-less event-less-ness.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

22 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Not-motion. Sequence-less event-less-ness.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, JayG84 said:

But fundamentally, what is motion if not the passing of "moments"?

Only non-motion can perceive motion.
There's only this moment.
I'll say this again,there's only  this moment. It never,nor has it ever moved. It is timeless. The phenomena that arises,moves within it,and dissolves back into it gives the illusion of "moments" passing. This moment is always here prior to ,during, and after all passing phenomena. Only what is, unchanging, perceives change.
Have you ever really experienced change,or has change,always been perceived. You may want to contemplate this.

And isn't part of the intelligence of it all a beautiful sequence of events playing out?

Maya (i.e, illusion),wouldn't be doing herself proper if she wasn't the beautiful seductress she is. 
575041850d5d0c12c91e89d64e92c9e2--the-di

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

6 minutes ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

Only non-motion can perceive motion.
There's only this moment.
I'll say this again,there's only  this moment. It never,nor has it ever moved. It is timeless. The phenomena that arises,moves within it,and dissolves back into it gives the illusion of "moments" passing. This moment is always here prior to ,during, and after all passing phenomena. Only what is, unchanging, perceives change.
Have you ever really experienced change,or has change,always been perceived. You may want to contemplate this.

Maya (i.e, illusion),wouldn't be doing herself proper if she wasn't the beautiful seductress she is. 
575041850d5d0c12c91e89d64e92c9e2--the-di

I don’t think the OP is saying that reality is within time. They’re saying that Reality and Time are One. Like how Maya and Brahman are One. 

3 minutes ago, Synchronicity said:

I don’t think the OP is saying that reality is within time. They’re saying that Reality and Time are One. Like how Maya and Brahman are One. 

As Homer would say..Doh! Skype-emoticons-20-doh.gif