Nak Khid

America is going for Herd Immunity- there are too many Anti-maskers and Anti-vaxers

96 posts in this topic

America is going Brazil.

Trump doesn't wear a mask and multi-millions of Americans refuse to as well. 

"Flattening the curve" is over.   I think America is too divided to do what Europe has done with mitigation. 
Many of the people who are against the mask wearing are probably going to be against taking a vaccine also.

I think we are headed toward a herd immunity scenario.   I'm wondering what the body count is going to look like

Wow, the first 10 seconds of the first video is beyond insensitive in many ways. Mocking Covid respiratory failure and George Floyd via the trivial discomfort of wearing a mask.. . . That’s about as low as I’ve seen.

I like to think that in 100 years we'll look something like Denmark does now. :S https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-denmark/fast-in-first-out-denmark-leads-lockdown-exit-idUSKBN22U1TC

We just have such a huge population of a wild variety of outlooks, ideals and lifestyles. It's awesome but scary when people need to work together.

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

fuck insensitivity,

How would you feel if you lost both of your parents. You are there as they struggled for their last breath. In that anguish, some d-bag walks in and mocks your parents’ struggle for breath. 

He can make his point without sticking a knife into those who are suffering.

Don’t defend that d-bag. Show an ounce of empathy. The country has had too much cruelty. 

17 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

How would you feel if you lost both of your parents. You are there as they struggled for their last breath. In that anguish, some d-bag walks in and mocks your parents’ struggle for breath. 

He can make his point without sticking a knife into those who are suffering.

hypothetical irrelevancy, cool. not the point he was trying to make...

Edited by DrewNows

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

hypothetical irrelevancy, cool. not the point he was trying to make...

As I said, he could have made his point without sticking a knife in those that are suffering.

If you want to have zero empathy and turn and blind eye to cruelty that is your choice, yet I don’t. 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It’s not hypothetical. That dude just did it. If you want to have zero empathy and turn and blind eye to cruelty that is your choice, yet I don’t. 

what you shared is,,,,dude did not do it for lack of empathy, he is being serious, watch those videos; many are against the crap the media keeps spitting

he's point is people deserve a choice, and the scared people who think we need masks are perceiving it as showing zero empathy

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows  Let's not debate face masks here. You already did that in another thread. 

This thread is post that point.  Millions of Americans are not going to wear masks 

America is going Brazil.  People want to try herd immunity, that is what is happening 

4 hours ago, DrewNows said:

what you shared is,,,,dude did not do it for lack of empathy, he is being serious, watch those videos; many are against the crap the media keeps spitting

he's point is people deserve a choice, and the scared people who think we need masks are perceiving it as showing zero empathy

I am not dismissing his point or the seriousness of it. This has nothing to do with the point about wearing masks or not wearing masks. For the third time: he could have made his point without sticking a knife into those that are suffering. It’s not the point he was making, it’s how he presented it in a sadistic way.

In the past, we’ve had good discussions about empathy. I’m surprised you can’t see this. Yet as the Sadhguru video illustrated, we each have our own selective cruelty to which we turn a blind eye. 

1 minute ago, Nak Khid said:

America is going Brazil.  People want to try herd immunity, that is what is happening

*mostly Red states

Just now, louhad said:

libertarianism is the biggest meme in modern history. 

LOL. Meanwhile. . . .

Libertarians two months ago: "The Lockdown is One of Humanity's Biggest Mistakes in Modern History"

@Serotoninluv people can learn to deal with their insecurities/fears, not a big deal. You really think he said that to mock the people who are scared to leave the house without a mask, or so others might get a clue as to why it should not be made mandatory? Why are you so picky as to how it's presented? This is just as serious for those who want to get back to normal living and are sick of the news

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yet as the Sadhguru video showed, we each have our own selective cruelty to which we turn a blind eye.

which video? and yes for sure, you perceive it as cruelty but it can also be perceived as values and suffering has it's value, it can't always be prevented

@DrewNows Empathic sensing of sadism is not something I can explain. An empath would see it clear as day.

You are fine as you are. I assumed you would be able to tune into something.

19 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

*mostly Red states

All of those states are going to bring it back into the others states. 

@Nak Khid im just sharing cuz sharing is caring

@Serotoninluv I’ve rewatched it, sorry man I forget taking the joke personally will appear insensitive but “mocking the idea” is how I perceived it 

@Serotoninluv limiting yourself and others as being empaths or not can be quite limiting, I would try to refrain from that tbh 

Edited by DrewNows

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

im just sharing cuz sharing is caring

Just like you are going to share covid without a mask. Enjoy your freedom to put other people in danger. 

3 minutes ago, Godhead said:

Just like you are going to share covid without a mask. Enjoy your freedom to put other people in danger. 

sharing is killing.   

6 minutes ago, Godhead said:

Cute, maybe I’ll be a doll and give you 6 ft, I just don’t like to sacrifice my own health just to go outside, I know oxygen is what keeps me healthy. If you want masks, stay clear 

@Nak Khid kids will be kids, have fun playing with your masks 

Edited by DrewNows