Justine

L theanine & Lsd

13 posts in this topic

Hi there. Is it safe to take l theanine prior to tripping on 200ug lsd? 

Yes. I'm taking it daily, also when I'm tripping. If you drink 200 ml of black tea you will also consume 30 mg of l-theanine.

For sure. Only supplement I've heard of one should stay away from while doing psychedelics is 5-htp and stimulants.

Remember that L-theanine has some stimulant properties which may create a subtle synergy with the stimulant properties of LSD. Generally, you should avoid additional stimulants when on psychedelics as they may elevate the risk of thought loops etc. But then again, these effects are generally mild and may be balanced out by the sedative effect (it's not like amphetamine or anything).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

A big dose of that before a meditation should prep u nicely I'd assume; I'm yet to find anything that negatively interacts with l-theanine.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:27 AM, Godhead said:

For sure. Only supplement I've heard of one should stay away from while doing psychedelics is 5-htp and stimulants.

Oh, thank you so much. I didn't know about 5-HTP.

Do you know for how long should I avoid 5-HTP before tripping? I usually take it just before sleeping.

Edited by Username

@Username If you have a 3 day break of 5 htp before tripping that should be more than enough.

A lot of people scream serotonin syndrome once they hear 5 htp + psychedelics. Although I'm pretty sure 5 htp is too slow-acting for it to have any serious effect, better be safe than sorry. 

I've also heard that some people use it after trips to be able to regenerate faster and not build up as much tolerance. How much truth there is to this, I don't know, and I would actually advise against it

Edited by Godhead

@Username

On 25/06/2020 at 6:38 PM, Username said:

you drink 200 ml of black tea you will also consume 30 mg of l-theanine.

Can you explain this please?

thanks

@IJB063 I just meant that one 200 ml glass of black tea contains 30 mg of L-theanine. For green tea it is about 10 mg.

@Username

I didn’t know that

I believe you but have you got a source for that

Edit - Nevermind I’ve found some

You just gave me a reason to drink black tea

Edited by IJB063