JayG84

More conscious = More or Less "Inside your head"?

11 posts in this topic

Just curious on how you guys "think" in your day to day life after you've expanded your consciousness? 
I notice that I'm more aware of everything than I was before. I can let go of thoughts quicker, and I'm more conscious of other people's "stories" and I'm able to forgive and love them more because of it.
But I can't tell if I'm more "inside my head" than before. I used to over analyze everything to death. I still feel like I'm constantly analyzing, but now it's with a wider perspective and a more compassion.

Do you notice that you have less thoughts or just different thoughts?

I still have quite a bit of thoughts and trouble letting go of them sometimes... They can be quite sneaky and subtle. I noticed I used to really mute my thoughts but they were still running like white noise I wasn't aware of. By being more concious I've given them more of a voice and it's easier to let go of them.

2 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

By being more concious I've given them more of a voice and it's easier to let go of them.

Yeah. I hear ya. This is the only difference I've noticed too. But I feel that makes a huge difference.

I used to have major social anxiety and I was always in my head analyzing what other people were saying and analyzing how I would respond. I still analyze everything now, but I'm ok with not talking, or saying something weird...lol 

I dont know if my over analyzing is a something that is inherent to My Highest Self. Like is it something that is helping me reach enlightenment, as if it's god will? 

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

I dont know if my over analyzing is a something that is inherent to My Highest Self. Like is it something that is helping me reach enlightenment, as if it's god will? 

eh, tbh I don't like to think too much about it like this and find myself over analyzing like you said if I do. We come into this world not really being taught how to handle our minds so to me it's kind of like learning to walk but mentally. We can learn to use our mind and focus it how we choose or be at odds with it and let it split us apart. I just let stuff like this go and that's what helps me :) 

Edited by Lyubov

Interesting question. Personally, I think that I gained more understanding and wisdom and now I know myself better, so you could say that I'm more inside my head. From my pov, when you become more conscious, you're judging less and perceiving more which removes the 'what it could have been' wishful thinking. All that remains is the pure awareness which doesn't make distinctions between self and the object/subject of direct experience. But that doesn't mean that you instantly become God with head in the clouds. To me, there's no end to the self-inquiry... so thinking is necessary and even judging from time to time. Analyzing is good, just be careful to not lose yourself in the process :)

Edited by Member

I think you become more aware of what is going on in your head, you own thOughts, urges, you become more self aware, but also you become more aware of yourself as awareness, almost like it follows you around. You also have the realisation that everything you experience, even the world “out there” is actually happening “in here”, and then the sense of inner and outer world becomes shakier.

If the question is more thoughts or less thoughts, my answer is less thoughts.

To elaborate, your relationship with your mind will evolve. The more conscious you are, the less you will excessively worry, or needlessly grind over inconsequential stuff, the more constructive your thinking will become.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

@JayG84 

You experience only one thought in one moment. 

Spiritual work teaches you to let go.

It's the choice to believe in thought or not. 

If thought doesn't feel good - just let it go, do not cling to it, release it. Then, new quality thought pops up. That's about it. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

maybe it's another thought, but mixed with something coming from a deeper knowledge. 

if you have significant awareness, either you won't have a thought at all or you will have thoughts but you won't identify them as "YOURS" simply.

the rate of "SEPARATION" of you and thoughts in front of you is the point of our subject, not other stuff.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Not conscious = no head

Little conscious = many thoughts inside the head

More conscious = fewer thoughts inside the head

Most conscious = no head 

Last months were special, I had some mystical states, and lately I was deeply consciouss and knew that my thoughts weren't me. (In reality it's state, not a knowing).

Then something happened 3 days ago in my life. A radical change and unexpected decision in the last moment. I've been totally lost in thought stories and deeply identified with my thoughts. Basically last 72hrs have been painful, a lot.

Who know if maybe I would have suffered more if I wouldn't have done all Spiritual work I've done, but to be honest, this "hit" has make me deeply skeptick of the theory of "baseline level of consciousness".