StrangerWatch

Did Leo change his mind?

8 posts in this topic

I checked in on his RationalWiki page, and the first section ends with this: "Thankfully, Gura has recovered to the point where he no longer believes this." (This is talking about his views on consciousness, enlightenment and arguably solipsism).

What could the article be referring to? Anyone have any links or sources they'd be willing to share with me? Thank you.

why do you care so much about what leo believes in?

For you Leo is just an imaginary character on an imaginary screen.

Sure, I think he says some very wise things, often.

So listen to that. What he says. Use what he says as pointers. Use some of his advice, and his practical exercises.

Then go find out who *YOU* are.

<3

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

RationalWiki also essentially accuses him of being paedophile. Which I found entertaining considering their justification was the old Actualized logo matched that of a paedophile collective insignia. 

4 hours ago, StrangerWatch said:

I checked in on his RationalWiki page, and the first section ends with this: "Thankfully, Gura has recovered to the point where he no longer believes this." (This is talking about his views on consciousness, enlightenment and arguably solipsism).

What could the article be referring to? Anyone have any links or sources they'd be willing to share with me? Thank you.

It tells you in the full quote , see bolded 

Some of his ideas range from insightful and resonating to crackpot and insane, such as when he claimed he might soon be able to perform miraculous healing by being conscious of consciousness imagining consciousness and consciously change it using high levels of consciousness.[5] Even within the context of immateriality being the only substance, this makes no sense because the limitations of the physical region of reality still exist even if they are just imagined. Thankfully, Gura has recovered to the point where he no longer believes this. All of this aside, it's less silly than Terence McKenna's timewave theory or some of Joe Rogan's thoughts on the matter.

Imagine taking anything RationalWiki says seriously.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 hours ago, StrangerWatch said:

@StrangerWatchYou saw a statement on RationalWiki. But then you doubted the veracity of the statement.

Then you came to the forum to ask if the statement is true or not. But how do you know that the answers given here will be truthful?

Can you trust @WaveInTheOcean @Keyhole @Mada_ or @Nak Khid. Do they seem like trustworthy people? You don't know. Maybe. Maybe not.

There are no links to the Truth, because you have the Truth within yourself. You are the Source of the Truth. So you can only ask yourself.

As long as you believe others, no matter how rational or friendly they seem, you will be deceived. 

It can look a lot like teachers change their mind but they're just switching between different perspectives and different sides of a paradox. Like when leo says "nothing exists" in one video and "everything exists" in another video, an unschooled noob would say "oh he's changed his mind he knew he was wrong." 

I am nothing/I am everything etc

6 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Imagine taking anything RationalWiki says seriously.

haha for real

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho