DreamScape

Going to college in the fall vs a gap year

11 posts in this topic

I have been into consciousness for about a year and a half. This seems like the most important thing to me, although i deeply desire financial freedom and really having the best life possible. 

I have quite a bit of shadow, so a part of me wants to leave the nest and go to college, although to do this i need to work 26 hours a week plus likely a normal class schedule. Im not sure what the work entails, but im hoping it would be somewhere where i can work on my hw too 

Although a part of me also wants to stay. This would allow me more independent time to myself for healing and awakening. This would also allow me to spend time working to save for college and work on skills i want to build, like creating art, astral projection, and other such things i havent been able to do since im focused on healing and spending time to myself. 

I already have 30 credits for college i earned via high school, which equates to 1 year of college. I would only have 3 years of college.

Any opinions? I veer toward leaving the nest because i feel like for healing it would be better to move away from my parents for a while. 

Genesis 27:27-29

Of course your journey is different, but from all the wisdom and experience I'd gathered from myself and others over the years; I really recommend  stay with your family another 1-2 years. There are a lot of benefits to this and I wish I did it.

- Work somewhere full-time to get a sense of what kind of job you won't mind doing in the future. It builds a foundation for your work ethic which you can apply to college and to future jobs.

- Save up a financial nest egg so your time is enjoyable now and isn't strained and stretched totally thin while in school.  You can then focus on studying and have more free time.

- It allows you to keep building a deeper relationship with your parents sticking around, as more of an adult than a child. A new kind of respect is found this way.

- You'll have more time to discover yourself and dive into your passions, which might change what kind of school (if you go at all) and allows you to shape and plan your future to be more realistic.

Most of the feelings of having to leave are subconscious social pressure. You're considered "slow" and "missing out" by most for not leaving ASAP. That's just a bunch of peer bullshit though. Personally I wish I didn't cave to it, I would have been 10x better off for it. Hindsight is obviously 20/20 though as they say!

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

How much do you see college being needed for your purpose?

Just because you have some credits does not mean you need to pursue it further. I believe college is more important for industries that really require it and hands on type of stuff. If you have came to the conclusion that it is the best route to take, then go for it. If you feel that you just want to take it because of security, then you need to really look into the statistics of how much more "successful" you might be from it.  Like I said though it depends on the education that you are receiving. Modern college is scam in many aspects, but there is a high value in education. You need to weigh out what course is going to benefit you the most. 

If you simply just want to move out, then there is many ways to do that without loading yourself up with a bunch of debt. If you feel that having the college is essential for your vision, then go for it. 

@Average Investor well what other options are there? 

Im going into psychology, which would pair well with consicousness and such. At this point, i know any job in psychology i get id be successful and great at. 

What other options for moving out are there?

I definitely dont want a 9 to 5 job really. Financial, creative independence and overall freedom are very important to me. 

@Roy that seems like a really good layout. Thanks. 

@DreamScape You could start a business, but you should go with what aligns most with what you want for your life. It sounds like you have the option to tough it out there until you figured out an alternative route if you wanted it. You can also have roommates, save for trailer, etc if you wanted to live cheaper. There is some costs to that though for sure in terms of quality of the space and lifestyle. 

No need to leave home out of pressure. 

Do tons and tons of shadow work. 

Work on  self. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Gap year. Psychology is a useless degree. Read books. If your life purpose lies in consciousness work then don't go to a university expecting some profound insights about the nature of reality. Most of your time will be spent doing heaps of pointless and laborious homework.

I decided not to go to university at all. What's the point of wasting thousands of $ and valuable time learning psychology from a dogmatic and paradigm-locked professor when you can buy a book from Leo's book list and get much more profound wisdom.

Take a gap year. You need time to think.

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

If there was ever a time to take a gap year, it's this year. By the sounds of it, most classes at colleges and universities will be online anyway in the fall. You'll be paying premium prices to basically teach yourself.

Work a part-time job and then spend your free time working on your passion for a year.

your writing was too ambiguous and complicated to imagine your situation.

but here is the thing: do what you love, what brings the passion into your heart? what subject sets you in the flow state and you'd lose the sense of time when doing the work? that's your life purpose, other things are just nonsensical mind programs forced upon you!  

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Usually people feel the need to rush out college for financial reasons.

If you and your family feel pretty stable financially and you don't need to rush out your degree then yeah a gap semester/ year to do inner work could be extremely worth.

HI guys! actually I decided to go to college. Better for me for spiritual reasons.