ivankiss

The root of all suffering

58 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ivankiss said:

What is there ever that is more important than your breath?

That, which is beyond the breath.

3 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Why are you giving it away then? 

It's just on loan, It's not yours to keep.

1 minute ago, Meta-Man said:

K0nsHuznieSz

And what is breath if not K0nsHuznieSz? 

4 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

What exactly would you say is beyond the breath?

That which transcends the physical.

@Guru Fat Bastard How do you transcend anything without breathing through it? 

And...Is there no breath in transcendence?

@Meta-Man That's a bunch of thoughts and assumptions, sorry.

You cannot possibly know that for sure right now. Right now, all you can do is... breathe.

fad5c25606915bc7a82746ef1ca78dd9.jpg

Just now, Meta-Man said:

It’s the only thing you can know for sure. You have always been Conscious(ness)!

There is no "have always been". I am conscious(ness) NOW.

*Breathes deeply and loudly*

It is, but God is more than breath

God is not more and not less.

*breathes even deeper*

If you stop breathing,do "you" conscious(ness), still exist? Breath is vital for the body and necessary while "you" conscious(ness),inhabit it,but "you" conscious(ness) are not dependent upon the body for existence. With or without body, "you" conscious(ness) still are.

23 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Is there no breath in transcendence?

Have you ever experienced the breathless state in meditation?

And more precisely, we should breathe with our belly:

Jed McKenna on 'Breathing'.

"Actually, most people would function a lot more smoothly and easily a lot more of the time if they’d just learn to breathe correctly. Practically everyone restricts their breathing to the upper part of the lungs, so that the chest expands and not the belly.

"The result of this shallow breathing is that we operate in a perpetual panic mode, as if all of life was a fight-or-flight situation. This causes the mental state of dis-ease that we accept as normal and from which we seek escape through addictions and distractions.

"It disrupts our activity during the day and our rest at night. When we breathe into our entire lungs by expanding the diaphragm, we automatically create a mental state of composure and ease, which is then reflected in our environment.

"How telling is it that we are a society of people who don’t even know how to breathe? Hello? At what more basic level could we possibly fail? And what’s more than that, how telling is it that when we are made aware of this crippling flaw, most of us will do absolutely nothing to correct it because our vanity won’t allow us to expand our tummies?"

Most mammals like cats and dogs breathe that way naturally, but of course humans have sadly got off track.
After actively applying Jed's advice for almost 2 years now, I can confidently say that proper breathing does help a lot in dealing with stress and with becoming at least a bit more conscious. Aside from that it's not like a miracle solution for dissolving suffering, some people just have very deeply rooted pschological issues that even if they do breathe correctly they will still struggle to awaken, because becoming more conscious means relinquishing the ego and no amount of breathing will make them do that if they are not ready to awaken and see what's beyond the mind-made self, some of us are just too fearful.
Thanks for your post, this subject is very crucial especially in these hard times.

Edited by Erick
Grammar mistake

One day you’ll run out of breaths mate ?

Again...Thoughts, assumptions, imagination. :P

Just breathe now for the Love of God! xD 

1 minute ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

If you stop breathing,do "you" conscious(ness), still exist? Breath is vital for the body and necessary while "you" conscious(ness),inhabit it,but "you" conscious(ness) are not dependent upon the body for existence. With or without body, "you" conscious(ness) still are.

Have you ever experienced the breathless state in meditation?

In Absolute Stillness; Breath is all there is. It's just absolutely still. So much so it can appear to a certain someone as if it's not there.

Ohh but it is. Fully and in all of its magic.

I'm thinking some of you may not actually know what the breath is. 

Breath is appearance? C'mon.

What is the breath..."before" you breathe it in?

hint; it's not air.

I've been breathing through my stomach for 10 minutes now, and I must say it is different. More quiet headspace, less tension in the body and a bit more grounded. It is hard though, because I vape constantly, so my lungs aren't in the best shape. 

@traveler ?

Now imagine breathing consciously throughout the entire day. 

That is pure, undisturbed beingness.

@ivankiss What if I am still suffering during proper breathing? 

Edited by SamueLSD

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@SamueLSD Keep breathing.

Breath is the most direct way to GOD.

Literally. Actually.

It is said that "psychedelics don't work on stupid people". 

Well... Breath does. 

It's just "too simple" to be considered seriously enough.

Can you commit to breathing first and doing everything else second? Can you "do both" at once? 

c o n s c i o u s n e s s 

Edited by ivankiss

Conscious breathing keeps you from projecting yourself out there, and thinking of things that cause suffering. I think that the more we act and relate in the world the more it serves us to go out there and unravel those beliefs, be unafraid to suffer so you can get curious about how you did it and what beliefs you created as the foundation for it. Mind can co-opt a technique as avoidance of suffering. Breathing helps us see that the suffering and thoughts aren't real, but there are many different ways to become conscious of this. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost