Preetom

I AM Consciousness and Solipsism dilemma

54 posts in this topic

Recently people playing around the idea  Solipsism or a singular mind/consciousness. Here is my take on it. I'll discuss 2 points regarding this.

1) A fundamental nature of being aware

2) A misconception about Consciousness.

First thing first, lets address the elephant in that room. There is absolutely nothing outside your knowledge of being. Go try it. Try however you may, the entire universe, knowledge and projection is only known by you the consciousness. No being in any realm can never know anything more than I AM, period. You're eternally stuck with this I AM.

That being said, this I AM; the experience of being aware has some very unique features. Consciousness can only be experienced by I, not by other; it can only be experienced now, not in past and future; it can only be experienced here, not over there. Let me clarify this with 2 crude examples. Wetness is a quality of water. You cannot find that quality of wetness in fire, rocks etc. Similarly we're surrounded by electro magnetic fields. But if you wanna use electricity we need a working socket. 

In the same way the experience of being aware is only available to I, now, here. It contains all ideas about I/others, past/now/future, here/there; but it is only experienced as I, now, here. So what I am getting at is, I AM the only conscious entity there is. Not as a body but as a singular consciousness. That experience of I AM is singular and whole. There are not 2 I AM in existence. Just like there are not 2 wetness of water. All water, everywhere contains the same singular wetness in this context of example. That means both me and my mom are appearances but the I AM is singular and identical; and it is being experienced as I, now, here.

Now the most deluded misconception about consciousness. All consciousness talks and exploration are bound to divert away into fantasy land if this unquestioned assumption is made at first. That is qualifying or relating Consciousness to other stuff. 

The most naive doubt regarding Consciousness is that if I am the singular consciousness in which the universe exists, by which it is perceived and out of which it is ultimately made of; then why can't I be the know-it-all faux omniscient? This right here is basically watered down materialism.

The Consciousness we're talking about is prior to the universe or anything that can be imagined. The fundamental nature of Consciousness is to be aware, simply aware. Being aware of things is not the fundamental nature of Consciousness. Its more like a deluded nature or emergent phenomena of consciousness aka a seeming activity of Consciousness. So not knowing your mom's thoughts is a limitation of the imaginary you, not the limitation of Consciousness. Just like not having wetness is not a limitation for fire, it simply ain't its avenue.

In the end, the Truth is prior to even Consciousness/Unconsciousness category. A spark of Consciousness arises as I AM; and the entire universe resides in that seed of consciousness. Solipsism is a philosophy; like many others; an attempt to reflect or verbalize the Truth. But Truth is prior to such endeavors. So Solipsism turns out to be another paradigm containing a kernel of Truth; just like a deluded Christian myth also contain a kernel of Truth.

So what position is to take if it's all relative? The ones that help you get unstuck from your current paradigm and get to realize Truth in the immediacy of now.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Omniscience isn't what people imagine it is.

Omniscience isn't about knowing your mom's thoughts, it's about realizing that your mom is your thought and her thoughts are just more of your own thoughts about your own thoughts.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Omniscience isn't what people imagine it is.

Omniscience isn't about knowing your mom's thoughts, it's about realizing that your mom is your thought and her thoughts are just more of your own thoughts about your own thoughts.

Exactly. 

Reducing everything into the knowledge I AM. Or should I say seeing clearly as things are.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Holy crap my mind almost exploded reading that but it does make sense.

49 minutes ago, Preetom said:

I AM the only conscious entity there is. Not as a body but as a singular consciousness.

Eureka! ^_^

This makes absolute sense because everything is singularity, there can not be more than one, otherwise it will contradict the notion of singularity.  

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Preetom Please copy and paste it in the neighboring thread. "Are other conscious?" Just in case.

@Someone here I like the way Preetom put it, maybe it'll help.

@Preetom great points.

However, you will be speaking to a brick wall here. Those who have risen interest in solipsism have demonstrated how little willing they are to see the fabrications in it. Most have privileged their mind as the primacy of their experience rather than the source from which it derives out of. So of course consciousness is being perceived through a contorted lens of mental imagery, namely solipsism.

Consciousness can only be realised through meeting directly with it. Unfortunately, these discussion have not gone very far otherwise.

Edited by Jacobsrw

1 hour ago, Preetom said:

So what position is to take if it's all relative? The ones that help you get unstuck from your current paradigm and get to realize Truth in the immediacy of now.

One step further is learning how to manipulate reality just like you manipulate your body... that's the future of your 4D mind ;)

240px-8-cell-orig.gif

"there is only I AM as Consciousness and all knowledge must be derived from that.". In other words I don't have access to anything other than my Consciousness. But then you go on to saying "this Consciousness Is prior to the the universe and the imaginary separate mind".  How did you discover that?   According to the first statement it would be impossible to discover such thing.  I hope you can clarify this. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Holy crap my mind almost exploded reading that but it does make sense.

When a mind explodes, what remains? :D

4 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Preetom great points.

However, you will be speaking to a brick wall here. Those who have risen interest in solipsism have demonstrated how little willing they are to see the fabrications in it. Most have privileged their mind as the primacy of their experience rather than the source from which it derives out of. So of course consciousness is being perceived through a contorted lens of mental imagery, namely solipsism.

Consciousness can only be realised through meeting directly with it. Unfortunately, these discussion have not gone very far otherwise.

I can see people can have psychotic breakdowns or a sense of super inflated ego through belief in some distorted versions of Solipsism. But imho, solipsism correctly understood is one of THE most conducive tool to wake up. It is a materialism killer if properly understood. It takes away the stories about creation and stuff; replaces with imagination/instantaneous creation paradigm; which makes a seeker take their actual steps into metaphysics and nature of knowledge. But if it's seen through ego lens, its a disaster/delusion.

4 hours ago, Member said:

One step further is learning how to manipulate reality just like you manipulate your body... that's the future of your 4D mind ;)

240px-8-cell-orig.gif

What do you wanna manipulate yourself into? A fat gay spider with 12 legs aka the most feared thing in world? xD jk

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

"there is only I AM as Consciousness and all knowledge must be derived from that.". In other words I don't have access to anything other than my Consciousness. But then you go on to saying "this Consciousness Is prior to the the universe and the imaginary separate mind".  How did you discover that?   According to the first statement it would be impossible to discover such thing.  I hope you can clarify this. 

I talked about this misconception in the post. As long as you stay strict on the idea that Consciousness must be conscious of something in order to be consciousness in the first place, you'll never get any closer to solve this Consciousness puzzle after a while.

The Truth/Absolute is not restricted by consciousness/unconsciousness categories. That is nonduality. But as long as you see duality of things, you can reduce them into Consciousness. Just like a religious folk reduces the world as a creation of breaded old man; scientists reduce it into atoms and so on. And when you keep doing that, you make a discontinuous jump about which nothing can be said accurately.

Awakening shows that whether you're aware of something or not, You as Consciousness remains as it is. And truly speaking, I AM is all you ever know. You think you're person called so and so, experiencing such and such; but when you question that, you come to possibility of discovering that you never knew anything but I AM.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

9 minutes ago, Preetom said:

What do you wanna manipulate yourself into? A fat gay spider with 12 legs aka the most feared thing in world? xD jk

Dunno bro, I'm still tripping balls on brain chemicals lol so I'm just a beginner :D But to me reality looks like a wild beast that needs to be tamed and it feels wrong to just wait to get sucked into that black hole at the end of the trip that we call life. So from my POV, the ego dies for the true you to be born and conquer death as God, not to die once again like a pathetic human being 9_9

2 hours ago, Preetom said:

I can see people can have psychotic breakdowns or a sense of super inflated ego through belief in some distorted versions of Solipsism. But imho, solipsism correctly understood is one of THE most conducive tool to wake up. It is a materialism killer if properly understood. It takes away the stories about creation and stuff; replaces with imagination/instantaneous creation paradigm; which makes a seeker take their actual steps into metaphysics and nature of knowledge. But if it's seen through ego lens, its a disaster/delusion.

Exactly. Just like any type of paradigm, such as religion or nihilism, if understood in the proper context great benefits can be provided. Unfortunately, it takes a very advanced individual to see through the deceptions of these pointers. It’s far too easy for the ego to attach its identity to something than exist unsupported. I think all that can be done is helpful dialogue in which assists others to introspect and transcend the limits of mind.

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

How did you discover that?   

We’ve already discussed this... Leo and other people have already answered your question that there is only one way to discover. 

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

How did you discover that?  . 

Investigate what I or Consciousness is exclusively without mixing it with anything else.

The end result is not more knowledge inside outside the I, but something that can't be talked about.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

We’ve already discussed this... Leo and other people have already answered your question that there is only one way to discover. 

Alright. But why you seem annoyed by my questions? . Get used to it because you gonna hear a lot of them in the future ?

-Osho

@Preetom thanks for your trying to clarify. I'm still not convinced but I appreciate your effort tho.

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Preetom thanks for your trying to clarify. I'm still not convinced but I appreciate your effort tho.

What are you trying to convince yourself? 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

19 minutes ago, Preetom said:

What are you trying to convince yourself? 

I'm not trying to convince myself of something. That would mean I already know the truth and try to verify it. I'm trying to discover the truth.  Regarding solipsism.. All I see and can ever see is my own mind and I can't know for certain whether other human beings have an internal experience of awareness like mind or are they just a product of my own mind.   You tried to clarify it here but I didn't get convinced. I'm not even sure what is the point you are trying to make.. Are there others or not?   

-Osho