Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

Lightheaded After Running.

17 posts in this topic

Started running about a week ago, 15 mins every morning. Been feeling lightheaded afterwards, last more or less throughout the day. Anyone know why? I was in pretty bad cardio shape when I started btw. Could barely run for 5 mins without stopping. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Do you eat before you do cardio? I cannot run in the mornings if I didn't have a breakfast (or dinner the last day) first because I would be too dizzy and have zero energy. It could be that you have other health complications. It's better to consult a professional.

explain grammar to an alien ?

3 minutes ago, kagaria said:

Do you eat before you do cardio? I cannot run in the mornings if I didn't have a breakfast (or dinner the last day) first because I would be too dizzy and have zero energy. It could be that you have other health complications. It's better to consult a professional.

Not that much... alright Ill try to eat a bigger breakfast! Thanks! I doubt its anything worse, I was never lightheaded before I started running. 

It could be from dehydration or low iron. Make sure you're properly hydrated, and if that checks out and you're still lightheaded you might want to get bloodwork done to check your iron levels.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

If it doesn't stop soon go get a blood test. This is the complaint I made to my doctor that got my hypothyroidism diagnosed. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

19 minutes ago, outlandish said:

It could be from dehydration or low iron. Make sure you're properly hydrated, and if that checks out and you're still lightheaded you might want to get bloodwork done to check your iron levels.

Thanks! ??

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

If it doesn't stop soon go get a blood test. This is the complaint I made to my doctor that got my hypothyroidism diagnosed. 

Scary... :( I dont have any other symptoms though

10 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Scary... :( I dont have any other symptoms though

I didn't have many either. Even if you have it which you probably don't, it's not a big deal at all. Just take the cheap medicine generic they prescribe every morning with a glass of water, wait 30 minutes to eat. Blood test every year. That's all, if you're diagnosed with it. It's really common. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I didn't have many either. Even if you have it which you probably don't, it's not a big deal at all. Just take the cheap medicine generic they prescribe every morning with a glass of water, wait 30 minutes to eat. Blood test every year. That's all, if you're diagnosed with it. It's really common. 

But still... Ive been healthy all my life... Wouldnt like that :( 

Anyway... I will take a break from running tommorrow and see how I feel... If I feel okay then its probably overexertion/defiency since Im pretty skinny and not used to exercising.  

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

Started running about a week ago, 15 mins every morning.

Are you running 15mins without stopping every morning? That's too much if you only started out a week ago. I suggest going every other day instead, and don't run for 15mins straight but run-walk-run-walk. You will get injured sooner or later if you keep going like this as a beginner.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

1 minute ago, Shiva99 said:

Are you running 15mins without stopping every morning? That's too much if you only started out a week ago. I suggest going every other day instead, and don't run for 15mins straight but run-walk-run-walk. You will get injured sooner or later if you keep going like this as a beginner.

Nah I do it in intervals, run-walk-run, like you said. Hm... interesting... maybe Ive been too ambitious. 

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

Nah I do it in intervals, run-walk-run, like you said. Hm... interesting... maybe Ive been too ambitious. 

Yes. A lot of beginners make the mistake of starting out too crazy. I once did too. I paid with 4 weeks of anckle injury. Take it easy friend, it sucks not being able to run because of injury trust me.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

13 minutes ago, Shiva99 said:

Yes. A lot of beginners make the mistake of starting out too crazy. I once did too. I paid with 4 weeks of anckle injury. Take it easy friend, it sucks not being able to run because of injury trust me.

Thanks man! Sometimes you care too much to make a change that you go overboard, patience and moderation is key. ??

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

Started running about a week ago, 15 mins every morning. Been feeling lightheaded afterwards, last more or less throughout the day. Anyone know why? I was in pretty bad cardio shape when I started btw. Could barely run for 5 mins without stopping. 

This happened to me in the past whenever i would get back into active workouts in the gym, never doing cardio. The balance is shifted as energy moves to the different areas of the body. It has to do with the oxygen intake. Muscles require oxygen and so does your brain. Proper breathing, improving the energy flow through the blood and warming up is something i'd recommend. The best way i shared on the hormone thread, to get the energy flowing, is do some jumping, maybe jumping jacks or burpees for a few minutes as a warm up routine.  Diaphram breathing usually has to be trained into our obstructed energy bodies. I'd mix stomach breathing on the floor with jumping jacks/burpees 

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

This happened to me in the past whenever i would get back into active workouts in the gym, never doing cardio. The balance is shifted as energy moves to the different areas of the body. It has to do with the oxygen intake. Muscles require oxygen and so does your brain. Proper breathing, improving the energy flow through the blood and warming up is something i'd recommend. The best way i shared on the hormone thread, to get the energy flowing, is do some jumping, maybe jumping jacks or burpees for a few minutes as a warm up routine.  Diaphram breathing usually has to be trained into our obstructed energy bodies. I'd mix stomach breathing on the floor with jumping jacks/burpees 

Thats so insightful! My body is probably not used to moving this much at all. I will definitely do some light warm up in the future.

Just now, Rilles said:

Thats so insightful! My body is probably not used to moving this much at all. I will definitely do some light warm up in the future.

Awesome ?

And don’t worry, all those labels are temporary states/levels of health that can be reversed until death does us part xD

Of course it could be an underlying issue. But I think most likely its just that you are not used to it.

After cardio your blood oxygen levels go down. If possible meassure them and your heart rate. Also drink lots of water and eat healthy.

I think it's normal. The same happens when you try rapid breathing techniques. You build up a lot of oxygen. If it lasts for half an hour, you're good to go. Otherwise see a doctor. Or see a docrot just in case. Wouldn't hurt.