traveler

Just fainted, I imagine this is what death feels like.

36 posts in this topic

Just fainted during a breathing exercise and I'm pretty sure that is what death feels like. 

So I stood breathing heavy with a timer on, 30 seconds in I suddenly started seeing black, I immediately recognized that it was too overwhelming so I jumped onto the bed right in front of me. Thank God I was doing it in front of a bed. Then NOTHING, without warning, a nothing that isn't even aware, but self luminous. There were no concept of time, a person, a world, fainting, just absolutely NOTHING. No problem, because there where no one there to recognize it. Suddenly something woke up and realized that there had been unconsciousness/nothing and started freaking out grasping back into the known reality.

Edited by traveler

@traveler dont fall into the trap of believing that is actually nothing. That, even though it is such an alien experience we humans consider it nothing, there is still an experience there, you need to recognize that. If you had a true experience of nothing how would you know. You couldn't because its absolutely nothing. You can't even know that you experienced it.

You most likely experienced some sort of void state, but even void states are still something. If they were not something, you wouldn't even be able to recognize it had none of the attributes of ordinary life.

3 minutes ago, WhatAWondefulWorld said:

@traveler dont fall into the trap of believing that is actually nothing. That, even though it is such an alien experience we humans consider it nothing, there is still an experience there, you need to recognize that. If you had a true experience of nothing how would you know. You couldn't because its absolutely nothing. You can't even know that you experienced it.

It's self luminous. It's only recognized when the concept of existence arise again.  "I" didn't have an experience of nothing, how could you? It doesn't make sense even to the logical mind. 

4 minutes ago, WhatAWondefulWorld said:

Thats not true. I become everything as nothing. In absolute state, you are Everything and exist as nothing. Thats the reason why nothing happens even a blink, because everything you. Which is right here whatever you are seeing in the moment. You don’t experience it, you become the experiencer and experience itself. You get out of matrix and become the matrix. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

7 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Cool, but yeah, breathing exercises can be dangerous. 

I’ve almost killed myself rising from the chair too fast, lol

I've fainted two times doing breathing exercises, something might be up. 

8 minutes ago, WhatAWondefulWorld said:

You most likely experienced some sort of void state, but even void states are still something. If they were not something, you wouldn't even be able to recognize it had none of the attributes of ordinary life.

They are made into something by the apparent person who wakes up after them. This is it right now. Sometimes it's easier to notice that this is nothing when everything that apparently makes "you" think otherwise, fall away. 

1 minute ago, Meta-Man said:

Be careful

just my 2c

What are you trying to achieve with them?

I'm trying to open up my chest and throat. Also trying to release trauma with bioenergetics. 

Just now, Member said:

I had a similar experience, some people might call it ego death but it was similar to unconsciousness. So I totally get that.

Yea don't know what to call it really. "Ego death" has so many different meanings by now. It was what people call unconsciousness, but it had a sense of non locatable awareness still, not attached to anything, so no reference point to which the """"experience"""" could be comprehended or even noticed. Seemed like death as I titled it. 

I've past out due to epileptic seizures and also have been in  a coma for 5 days... in all cases it was no different to me, then deep sleep. When I woke up I knew I had been out and had no experience to report.

I also don't have dream recall, so for me there is only ever waking and deep sleep states.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 minute ago, Anna1 said:

I've past out due to epilepsy and also been in  coma for 5 days... in all cases is was no different to me then deep sleep. When I woke up I knew I had been out and had no experience to report.

I also don't have dream recall, so for me there is only ever waking and deep sleep states.

Yeah, it was very similar to deep sleep

3 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

I've past out due to epileptic seizures and also have been in  a coma for 5 days... in all cases is was no different to me then deep sleep. When I woke up I knew I had been out and had no experience to report.

And yet people deny that there is no such thing as no-expirience/non-existence.

3 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

I've past out due to epileptic seizures and also have been in  a coma for 5 days... in all cases is was no different to me then deep sleep. When I woke up I knew I had been out and had no experience to report.

You really don't have dream recollection? I used to not remember my dreams at all years back until I kept practicing meditation, changing my diet a bit and I'm able to remember some and a few very vividly.

14 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

And yet people deny that there is no such thing as no-expirience/non-existence.

I, as Anna, wasn't there, mind wasn't there, but awareness was. So, I, as awareness was aware of nothing. So, the translation when the mind returns is, "there is nothing to report".

If I was only in deep sleep and not a coma or a seizure, then if someone called my name, then mind would responded if it was heard and say,  what?

I don't think I've responded to those posts/threads, but I can't comment about those words more unless put in context.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

8 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

You really don't have dream recollection? I used to not remember my dreams at all years back until I kept practicing meditation, changing my diet a bit and I'm able to remember some and a few very vividly.

I sometimes recall somewhat 1-2 times a year maybe, but that's about it. I actually find it a little disturbing now when it happens. So, I'm okay with it. For about 1/2 my life I recalled dreams, then it stopped. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

20 minutes ago, traveler said:

Yea don't know what to call it really. "Ego death" has so many different meanings by now. It was what people call unconsciousness, but it had a sense of non locatable awareness still, not attached to anything, so no reference point to which the """"experience"""" could be comprehended or even noticed. Seemed like death as I titled it. 

Death is a sensitive subject, so it's understandable why so many people avoid it. But it seems to me that there is something truly profound about it and maybe through meditation you could achieve that state before dying physically. I have no idea how it works but I've heard that Nirvana is similar to death.

2 hours ago, WhatAWondefulWorld said:

You are mis-interpreting the term "nothing".

If you become conscious enough you can see an object is made of literally nothing. IT IS nothing. But of course once you give it a relative meaning, it becomes "something". 

Nothingness is what reality is, you don´t need to close your eyes. You just need to stop imagining meaning is real.

Take the simple concept: "this is it." What is it pointing to? 

3 hours ago, traveler said:

Just fainted during a breathing exercise and I'm pretty sure that is what death feels like. 

So I stood breathing heavy with a timer on, 30 seconds in I suddenly started seeing black, I immediately recognized that it was too overwhelming so I jumped onto the bed right in front of me. Thank God I was doing it in front of a bed. Then NOTHING, without warning, a nothing that isn't even aware, but self luminous. There were no concept of time, a person, a world, fainting, just absolutely NOTHING. No problem, because there where no one there to recognize it. Suddenly something woke up and realized that there had been unconsciousness/nothing and started freaking out grasping back into the known reality.

I'd look closer at what you've written, there may be something you missed.  If there was nothing to recognize it or anything, how is there a description being able to be given?  Sounds like "You" were aware, but you still have a divide on what you are and what your not.