VeganAwake

Consciousness: Just another attempt of the mind to claim it Knows the Unknowable...

58 posts in this topic

con·scious·ness

/ˈkän(t)SHəsnəs/

noun

"the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings"

"the awareness or perception of something by a person"

"the fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world"

"consciousness emerges from the operations of the brain"

noun.

"the state of being conscious; awareness of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings, etc. ... full activity of the mind and senses, as in waking life: awareness of something for what it is; internal knowledge: consciousness of wrongdoing"

Consciousness, awareness, truth, reality...

The meanings of these words are just illusions of the separate self/ego/mind claiming it knows what's happening... it's all within the dream of the separate individual.

It's not a bad thing... it's simply a survival strategy of the mind to cope with the hand it has been dealt.

The mind, like a computer has its parameters...

The mind cannot avoid conditioning( trauma abuse), evolutionary survival strategy...

Its strategy is to know.... to place a label on everything, put it in a box and check it off as being known, so it can move on to the next apparent thing to become known.( pretend coping mechanism)

The one that thinks it knows is the illusory separate self, Maya( illusion of the self) The-Dream.

Nothing is known because there is No individual actually there to know anything...

The knower(Maya) is a misidentification with thoughts, labels, beliefs,ideas and perceptions as the "ME" structure.

It's a misidentification with the Mind and energy as the self or the 'I'..

You are not the mind, you are not the thoughts.... there simply is "No YOU"

This recognition is freedom Enlightenment Liberation Paradise Kingdom of Heaven...

There is no true self, there is no higher self, there is no godhead, there is nothing but everything... and it's pure unconditional love and freedom for No One ❤ ❤

It's Unknowing... it's complete Anarchy... it's THIS!!!

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Yeah the self is an illusion... yeah...  So who is typing this on the computer/smartphone keyboard? 

The energy is seemingly of an individual person though. This is not known, but it appears known.

I did a dopamine detox yesterday and had some clarity on some things. I saw more clearly than ever that life for the person is utterly hopeless. It's a continuous search for fulfillment in the future, a hope for future wholeness. I noticed how often I was stuck in stories of how good the next experience is going to be. Then I realised that it was so empty, there was nothing in the upcoming experiences that would ever satisfy me, everything is temporary and I'm looking for permanence. 

Then had some realisations today. I was working and had this suffering type of feeling that I sometimes do when I work. I remembered a quote while washing children's toys (I work at a kindergarten): "Life is suffering." There I realised the hastle of life, and for no purpose at all, totally meaningless effort. Then I remembered another quote: "Before enlightenment chop wood carry water, after enlightenment chop wood carry water." Everything is what it is, person there or not. When an apparent person is there, there is suffering, there is a story of how the hastle belongs to me. Without a person there is hastle, but for no one. Whole and unwantable. Just what it is. 

Edited by traveler

There is THIS, and there is the interpretation of THIS.

Consciousness is not just an interpretation.

4 minutes ago, traveler said:

The energy is seemingly of an individual person though. This is not known, but it appears known.

I did a dopamine detox yesterday and had some clarity on some things. I saw more clearly than ever that life for the person is utterly hopeless. It's a continuous search for fulfillment in the future, a hope for future wholeness. I noticed how often I was stuck in stories of how good the next experience is going to be. Then I realised that it was so empty, there was nothing in the upcoming experiences that would ever satisfy me, everything is temporary and I'm looking for permanence. 

Then had some realisations today. I was working and had this suffering type of feeling that I sometimes do when I work. I remembered a quote while washing children's toys (I work at a kindergarten): "Life is suffering." There I realised the hastle of life, and for no purpose at all, totally meaningless effort. Then I remembered another quote: "Before enlightenment chop wood carry water, after enlightenment chop wood carry water." Everything is what it is, person there or not. When an apparent person is there, there is suffering, there is a story of how the hastle belongs to me. Without a person there is hastle, but for no one. Whole and unwantable. Just what it is. 

But yet, there is someone there who still "cares" to a certain level to give body food/water etc. Still cares, to go the toilet when the want comes.

Lets be honest, those here who really-really buy into their own ideas of there being no person, would just stop any "doing" and just lay/sit there until the non-existing body(according to them) and non-existing person(according to them) dies.

2 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

But yet, there is someone there who still "cares" to a certain level to give body food/water etc. Still cares, to go the toilet when the want comes.

Lets be honest, those here who really-really buy into their own ideas of there being no person, would just stop any "doing" and just lay/sit there until the non-existing body(according to them) and non-existing person(according to them) dies.

You shit, you piss, you drink, you eat, you sit there until the body dies whatever. If there is no one here to begin with, who is it that does this? 

2 minutes ago, traveler said:

You shit, you piss, you drink, you eat, you sit there until the body dies whatever. If there is no one here to begin with, who is it that does this? 

Because, you believe that there is no one, doesn't mean that there is no one. 

When do you feel pain, you feel pain right? if there was no you, "pain" wouldn't even be a possible phenomenon. The reality of there existing "pain" means that there is someone there who feels it. 

Edited by WHO IS

8 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

I went down that (non-existing) path myself. And I did it the wrong way. Reality started falling apart, literally.

Not a fun place.

I understand there is no wrong path... But there is.

Edited by ivankiss

7 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

I went down that (non-existing) path myself. Reality started falling apart, literally.

Not a fun place.

It's like people are ashamed of Being, as if their existence is something that should be relinquished. Remember, God/Reality/Consiosusnes is too intelligent to make "mistakes", our existence as a separate Indiviusdals/Beings is also not in vain and not for some silly amusement, so that we just get to exist in the end to die. 

Edited by WHO IS

2 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

Because, you believe that there is no one, doesn't mean that there is no one. 

When do you feel pain, you feel pain right? if there was no you, "pain" wouldn't even be a possible phenomenon. The reality of there existing "pain" means that there is someone there who feels it. 

How I see it: The apparent Individual is a self aware/conscious seperate observer of sensation. When pain arises the pain is "my" pain only when it is apparently seperate from you. 

1 minute ago, traveler said:

How I see it: The apparent Individual is a self aware/conscious seperate observer of sensation. When pain arises the pain is "my" pain only when it is apparently seperate from you. 

When its not separate form you then what it becomes? And, if (god forbid) you get a nail in your foot, will you feel pain? So we can at least start with that there is  a self aware/conscious seperate observer of sensation, who happens to be You. The thing is, I wont feel the pain, nor other person.

@WHO IS Ironically, in my case, it turned out to be a self-perseverance mechanism.

Isn't that hilarious? Ego believing there is no ego so it could survive?

God is a funny cat!

3 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

When its not separate form you then what it becomes? And, if (god forbid) you get a nail in your foot, will you feel pain? So we can at least start with that there is  a self aware/conscious seperate observer of sensation, who happens to be You. The thing is, I wont feel the pain, nor other person.

There is just the purity of what is.

6 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@WHO IS Ironically, in my case, it turned out to be a self-perseverance mechanism.

Isn't that hilarious? Ego believing there is no ego so it could survive?

God is a funny cat!

It seems to me, that when someone is stuck in a life/scenario/existence that gives too much suffering to handle for the person to face the suffering face-value, the person starts to believe that he/she/it himself/herself/itself doesn't exist, in order to cope better and further with the situation.

Do you think people who enjoy their existence/life think that they don't exist? The fact is thinking/philosophizing won't make you stop existing. 

Because, Being comes before thinking. To think, implies that there is someone who is doing it. 

There is apparently a conditioned body that knows its name, feels Sensations, maintains its bodily functions and will absolutely jump out of the way of a moving train...

The story and the thoughts that are identified with after-the-fact is the illusion(Maya)... oh my gosh 'ME' aka Joe...this human almost just got hit by a train holy s*** that was crazy.... Apparently only human minds are capable or sophisticated enough to create this illusory self inside the mind...(the 'ME')

Eckhart Tolle tells a story of watching ducks fighting.....afterwards they just flap their wings to shake off the energy and go about their day... No story no ego no I should have got that piece of bread that the other duck got, that pissed me off... that quacker pulled out some of my tail feathers also lol.

When there is an identification with these thoughts and Energies suffering occurs...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

It must happen- that the consciousness is no longer conscious of itself. -Nisargadatta

@WHO IS It's Buddha before realizing the "middle way". 

I too starved and neglected the body. Hunger? Pls. Who is hungry? What is hunger? No such thing. Only thoughts and sensations.

There is no body here that could be hungry.

Dark times.

56 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

I went down that (non-existing) path myself. And I did it the wrong way. Reality started falling apart, literally.

Not a fun place.

If you don’t mind sharing , was it because of the psychedelic? Or any other means of achievement this state?

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

59 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Not a fun place.

All experiences are you. There is nothing except you. There is no path, path is you. You walk on yourself, talk to yourself and have no fun with yourself. All the distinctions are you. Ego goes in wrong way. But all ways are you. Lol 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."