korbes

Creating new habits - Resources?

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I am currently struggling with creating new habits, as my schedule is very fluid and not structured at all. 

Do you know any good books, videos, courses or other resources to learn about creating strong habits, so you don't fall off track?

Or any other tips, tricks or good advice, please feel free to share! 

Wish you all a wonderful day. 

I recommend Atomic Habits by James Clear. I've read 5 books or so on habits and it is the best one. There is enough practical advice. Maybe there is youtube videos summarizing it, check it out.

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

I recommend Atomic Habits by James Clear. I've read 5 books or so on habits and it is the best one. There is enough practical advice. Maybe there is youtube videos summarizing it, check it out.

Awesome thanks blowfish! :)

Check out the holistic psychologist on instagram and youtube, and look into the technique of future self journaling. Very powerful. Id also recommend meditation as habit transformation will pretty much always require mindfulness and concentration as we feel the ego trying to pull itself back into old conditioning.

Negative/positive future projection is awesome tool to create motivation for getting over that first initial bumb of resistance when creating good habits and getting rid of bad ones :)

I'd recommend to first create the habit of structuring your day, planning what you'll do the day before, so making new habits later fit into that. Its so nice to wake up having a vision already of what the day will look like, and will help you install better habits later. I'd recommend you do it on paper so your brain would better register it.

Love :)

Connect to Create ☼♡

I downloaded this app called Habits. Put down a few of the habits you REALLY care about developing. You can go on the app and put a check mark next to each habit once you do it. It allows you to visually see which habits you've been skipping in the past few days and therefore you can plan an commit to how you will make sure you do it the next day. 

It's also good to put things that you feel would TRULY make a great impact on your life. Meditation... probably, etc... Therefore, when you catch yourself doing something else like reaching for the TV remote, you will reconsider how it aligns with your goals and life. 

@korbes try to start doing something daily, and don't break the streak ;) 

Start with a long-term vision for your life. That will get the motivation activated.

Some questions:

• What habits would you like to have in the future?
    • What things feel good for you right now?
  • What habits will contribute for having the life you want in the future?
  • If long-term happiness was the currency, what habits would you implement to become a millionaire?
  • What roles you would like to be playing?

Write out or just think about that. Then you will discover WHAT habits to create. If you just want to create habits but don't align them with your vision they'll probably not stick. If you want to keep the habits you create and don't just waste time, that's what I would recommend.

For the how to:

On 08/05/2020 at 0:06 AM, Oliver Saavedra said:

create the habit of structuring your day, planning what you'll do the day before, so making new habits later fit into that. Its so nice to wake up having a vision already of what the day will look like, and will help you install better habits later. I'd recommend you do it on paper so your brain would better register it.

Edited by Espaim