raphaelbaumann

Question regarding the science of DMT

11 posts in this topic

Hi

Has anyone already looked at how 5-MeO DMT works? I mean how is it possible that you consume a material substance (which is ultimately consciousness) and then, as Leo says, experience pure consciousness.

Various sciences have shown that DMT is produced in our and many other systems. But in my opinion it is wrong to say that consciousness is produced in any system. But still this substance is produced in systems and lets us realise the absolute. So how does this whole process work? 

Any books, videos, contributions on this topic would also be interesting.

5 hours ago, raphaelbaumann said:

Hi

Has anyone already looked at how 5-MeO DMT works? I mean how is it possible that you consume a material substance (which is ultimately consciousness) and then, as Leo says, experience pure consciousness.

Various sciences have shown that DMT is produced in our and many other systems. But in my opinion it is wrong to say that consciousness is produced in any system. But still this substance is produced in systems and lets us realise the absolute. So how does this whole process work? 

Any books, videos, contributions on this topic would also be interesting.

As a general idea, my own experience coincides to what Leo described it in his "How psychedelics work" video. The brain functions as a radio receiver of an incomprehensible complexity, and psychedelics tune it to different "frequencies" by adjusting several of its buttons, by althering the biochemistry of specific brain circuits 

What you perceive as reality is fabricated when the biological circuits of your brain are put in a vast field of intelligent consciousness, so that they are tuned and interpret the "laws" of the field in a specific way.

What is your  experience on these matters? 

Edited by Kensho

@Kensho nice thanks for that answer! 

My own answer to this question was going in a similar direction. I had very deep experiences with my NN-DMT breakthrough, but I can only say what happens, not how. I will also consider Leo's video on psychedelics. 

Truth defies and transcends rationality.  Psychedelics reveal Truth.   How they work is mystical because reality is mystical.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It´s possible because all laws and rules are imposed by Reality to itself.

God chosed/created 5-MeO-DMT to awake himself.

He would easily have chosen a certain rock, or a beatiful crystal. It just coincides that he choosed something called as "psychedelics" as one of his methods to remember himself.

Edited by Javfly33

2 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

It´s possible because all laws and rules are imposed by Reality to itself.

God chosed/created 5-MeO-DMT to awake himself.

Absolutely.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

That's the beauty of it. 5-MeO-DMT is imaginary.

What if you were dreaming and you dreamed of an object that made you wake up when you touched it?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's the beauty of it. 5-MeO-DMT is imaginary.

What if you were dreaming and you dreamed of an object that made you wake up when you touched it?

Yeah, that's the amazing and mindblowing mystery of psychedelics.

But the question remains: why are there specific objects in the dream that can awaken the dreamer?

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

There is a bit of science behind DMT, but it is very much in its infancy. There is a UK university (ICL, I think) which is currently conducting psychedelic studies on DMT. Terence Mc Kenna was famously involved in this research, but he has since passed away. His friend, the excellent, open-minded scientist Rupert Sheldrake (the father of morphic resonance theory) is continuing some of his work and Graham Hancock is also involved on some level. They write and talk beautifully about the topic. David Wilcock also does some excellent reporting on the subject, though he is just an author, not a scientist himself. 

Some of what I've learnt from the above people and also my own insights, is that DMT is essentially the Spirit Molecule, known as Soma or Amrita in Sanskrit and Nectar or Ambrosia in Greek. It gets secreted by the Pineal Gland upon stimulation, which can be done through yogic methods such as Kechara Mudra, or can be roused through the activation and raising of Kundalini to the pineal gland. 

In both cases, a sweet, intoxicating substance is secreted, that gives illumination and allows a person insight into the secrets of the universe, access to other, higher realms, communication with higher beings, etc...

From what I understand about the scientific background, the pineal gland is called the third eye for good reason, it has optic nerves, a liquid centre, not unlike an eye, and piezoelectric crystals that float in this liquid. Secretion of DMT allows the piezoelectric crystals to create stimuli that are then fed into the optic nerves. The exact mechanism remains a mystery, but that is the gist of it.

My own theory is that Soma on one level is a physical substance, DMT. On another level, it is however not a physical substance, you could say that it is of the spirit, or in scientific terms, it is higher-dimensional matter, representing a fifth state of matter, liquid light, that is currently unknown to science. It presumably falls into the spectrum of the dark universe, which is the bigger portion of what exists, completely invisible to us. DMT is the link between the visible realm and the invisible realm, because it has properties of both and allows a person to move between the two, at least with his consciousness. Upon full illumination, the body is gradually transformed from lower-dimensional matter to a higher-dimensional form (it shines, like the body of the gods, which is what Deva means, "shining one") until it is entirely made of liquid light. This is also known as a light body or rainbow body, though the distinction between the two is somewhat unclear.

Hope that explains a few things.

Edited by Dumuzzi

thank you for all of these answers. As I expected there is no answer as to how it works. But still absolutely fascinating that it works.

@Leo Gura  it seems like this is how we behave when consuming 5-MeO. Very abstract but I like it.

@Dumuzzi Interesting. the theory could possibly really go in this direction. thank you

@billiesimon  Yes the interesting question remains!