Preety_India

Do you find me creative?

22 posts in this topic

I have struggled with this question for some time and I know that creativity exists on a grade or scale.. But these days I'm stumped asking myself this question regarding my creative talent or skill. 

I'm not sure if I'm creative or not.  What do you guys think about me, especially those who have read my posts and journals. Do you find me creative? 

I'm sorry I'm putting you in such a tight spot but I had to let my self doubt out and let go the fear of "what people think." 

My brain always acts in a scattered pattern. 

I like assembling images. I have tried sketching and I'm kinda average at it, my mom has always praised my painting skills. 

I write a lot. I have always been a writer. Not the standard writer. But I'm obsessed with writing. I used to write tons and tons as a kid. Writing was my passion. Just about anything. I'd keep writing to no end. I find it difficult to type but that doesn't stop me from writing. 

My drawing teacher in school once said to me "you can become a great artist." 

I was thrilled at that point but something happened, I was forced by my parents to pursue a degree, I forgot what the teacher said, I got into stocks and trading for a while and started working on financial investments. It wasn't my purpose. I didn't like being around those people who constantly talked about money. 

I made money for some time as a trader and then I switched to an accounts job for a good 2 years until I got bored of it as well. 

I quit that job out of boredom. 

Now I work with an event management company. 

Do creative people constantly suffer boredom? 

Am I a creative person looking to settle for something and not finding it? 

These questions confuse me. 

I'm happy with my current job. But then again I don't know how long I'll stay with it. 

I have a very fleeting mind. 

Last 3 days my mind has been fixated on whether I'm creative enough or not? 

My family has been telling me to pursue what I used to be good at in school, writing, painting and all the related arts. 

Should I go back to creative pursuits? These doubts have hounded me. 

Any suggestions would be greatly helpful. 

I always felt like I wasn't creative enough. But this can also be my own low self esteem speaking. Maybe I'm good but I don't pursue because I think I'm not good enough?! 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Those who have observed me for some time and my writing and my analysis and thoughts can probably have a better idea I guess. 

@Preety_India Considering you imagined this entire universe and then convinced yourself otherwise, I'd say that's pretty fucking creative of you ;)

Follow your love and set all your doubts aside.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Preety_India Considering you imagined this entire universe and then convinced yourself otherwise, I'd say that's pretty fucking creative of you ;)

Follow your love and set all your doubts aside.

I'll always remember your love and kindness. Thank you for being here. 

Your support means a lot. 

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I'll always remember your love and kindness. Thank you for being here. 

Your support means a lot.

My love is just an offshoot of your love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Preety_India

I often skim trough peoples comments but for some reason i like to read yours.

I get warm feelings from your comments lol. I think you have this ability to capture emotions :).

Edited by Shebo

7 minutes ago, Shebo said:

@Preety_India

I often skim trough peoples comments but for some reason i like to read yours.

I get warm feelings from your comments lol. I think you have this ability to capture emotions :).

I'm glad. :)

I'm with Leo on this one. Every single being on this planet is creative. How it manifests of course is very unique to the individual. So when most people talk about being creative, they're referring to things like painting, writing, music.. just generally "artistic" type creativity. 

But that's an idea we adopted from society. If there's one thing I learned from my last profound trip, it's that everything we do is a kind of art. Your unique individual expression is the brush and your experience is the canvas. The possibilities are infinite. 

So just follow your heart and go with the flow. If you resist flow and are in your head trying to live up to some image you see outside of you, then you are working against your true nature. You can do it of course.. almost anyone can learn to paint, play guitar or write far better than they ever thought they could if they put in the hard work. But there's a higher way than brute force.

You have a dragon inside of you waiting to come out. Follow your heart and it will manifest (and probably blow your mind!) ❤️

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Should I go back to creative pursuits? These doubts have hounded me. 

I don't consider myself a creative person, but I taught myself to draw just by being consistent. Creative or not, you have more potential than you think.

It dépends you're the only true judge. 

People start for real call me a god for my prediction skill. ( Some don't have the respect. But I absolutely don't mind. they still see it. )

People ask my présence. No jokes. I have to set limit.

That's when 'this' happen. You know you get it when you're on the road of inspiring truth and love just in beingness.

Never stop building hard. Don't questions. And find out.

Journal is a limit. Be aware. I m everything.

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove

No but I can predict that you are. However I don't know shit cause I have only seen your comments on normal stuff. The most anyone on this forum is gonna know is maybe about you is .02% of you, maybe 2% if they read your journal. Even your family knows.... maybe like 40% of you.

Your the only one that is with yourself 100% of the time, 24/7. So your the only who is gonna know you. Most people know themselves maybe 40%. Most self-aware people, like I see you are, can probably know themselves 80%. (The last 20% is blindspots --- that's the only reason anyone else's feedback is ever needed).  

Edited by AlphaAbundance

@Preety_India you can learn to appreciate the immensely creative talents you already have. Just to utter a word takes great creative skill and dexterity; just to walk takes immensely precise control and creativity.

It's taken me 47 years of creativity and mastery to create that last sentence B|

All stories and explanations are false.

@Preety_India 

I think what's really happening here is that you're looking for a reason to feel good about yourself, "If I'm creative, I'm awesome" "If I'm not, I'm crap".

I think creativity is to do with how well you can link ideas together and your ability to envision new possibilities usually it's recognized to be in an adventurous and fun manner. It's a skill that can be trained, don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise. 

That being said, I think you're undoubtedly creative.

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

33 minutes ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

you're looking for a reason to feel good about yourself, "If I'm creative, I'm awesome" "If I'm not, I'm crap".

Nope. I didn't feel the need to feel good about myself.. There are other things that I can do to feel better. This question wasn't about that. 

I genuinely wanted to know if I was creative or not. I was very doubtful about it. Also it was more of a career based question. Because if I'm really creative, I can work in that direction and probably make something out of it. 

The reason I don't feel that I'm creative is because of low self esteem. This impacts almost every aspect of my life. So it could be that my low self esteem blocks me from understanding or acknowledging my true talents or creativity. Or it could be the opposite. That I'm not creative and I am simply thinking I might be. I was curious to know because others can know better. 

I can always say that I'm good at this or I'm good at that, but how can I be sure without feedback from others. Feedback from others especially honest feedback will help me understand if I'm simply trying to jump out of excitement or if I should really take my creativity seriously.. 

There's some motivation some incentive when people give honest feedback. (not lying or flattering lol, like you are amazing and all that, that's lying, that doesn't help). With feedback you get the incentive or a base to work from. Like a confirmation that somthing can be pursued in that direction, if not now at least something can be thought of for the future 

Conversely if I'm not creative, that is okay too, it means I shouldn't bother to put much effort in that direction or not expect much output out of myself. I can look for other opportunities where my skills are better used. 

I do understand the limitations of answering such a question because when people don't know you much, they can't tell for sure. Also nobody wants to appear mean or rude or negative. So everyone says yes yes yes. That sometimes can cause confusion. In such matters honesty is important.. 

You can always tell your child that he is best at his dancing skills. But only a competition can decide how far his skills are going to get him. Fake praise is like a disservice, a hindrance in disguise. 

That's why I was confused. 

Edited by Preety_India

@UnconsciousHuman

I think at the end of the day, I'll need to experiment and explore it myself and find out. No point in asking. 

@Preety_India it looks like you're confusing two different things in what you want. You say it yourself:

11 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

So it could be that my low self esteem blocks me from understanding or acknowledging my true talents or creativity.

What is a talent? Isn't that just mastery in a certain subject? I may have talent in maths, which just means I have a certain mastery of maths. Naturally, mastery doesn't just "happen", I wasn't born knowing maths, it took work. Some people may find the work easier, some harder - but the end result is the same.

What is creativity? Isn't that the ability to come up with something new and original? I would say that everyone has that ability from the moment you are born.

The question of talent or mastery is simply one of time. Do you want to dedicate twenty years to improving your talent with a guitar for example? Talent can be measured by taking a test or by the appreciation of your peers. But the more mastery you have the less you need vindication from others - you can be self sustaining after you reach a certain level.

Creativity is a natural state for everyone, but it needs to be channelled and shaped. That just means focus. Whatever you focus on, your creativity will eventually flourish in that area. But creativity needs to be nutured, it needs to feed on excitement and passion and calmness and love and support and self belief.

So you are looking for reassurance that you're not wasting precious time on something that you might never master. But whatever you decide to focus on, you can guarantee that your skills and talent will improve over time and if you have a good environment creativity will be there.

Nothing in life is wasted, what you create and learn in one area will transfer over to another area later in life. After all, you can always change your mind and take a different path.

All stories and explanations are false.

@Preety_India

Im still growing my understanding of SD, but I think low self-esteem is a low level of development within the facet of "Self-Love" In spiral dynamics. 

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.