StarStruck

Derek Moneybird

53 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, StarStruck said:

Those guys teach other things so that is comparing Apple to a peach. :)

Personally I don’t look at if I like the person or not. I look at what I can learn from the person. 

I get you but i didnt say i didnt like him i said didnt resonate with him. Thats a completely subjective thing, for example i didnt think i would resonate with Tyler or even Leo but the more i listened it just made sense to me, but then theres turquoise gurus i dont really resonate with that people love. The best business mentality ive seen is Gary V i dont watch him a lot but i can feel where hes coming from. Also Max does do a pretty solely business channel now. 

9 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

If a teacher “resonates” with you, there is a chance the teachers will be an echo chamber. I like teachers who are totally different than me  

That would assume you have a leaning already, if you have an open mind then you could learn from anyone and anyone could resonate with you or not resonate with you 

@Consept Personally I don't resonate with Derek. He is arrogant and mean. He brags a little too much. If I were a little bit childish, I wouldn't take a program with him so I get what you are saying. His negative aspects don't affect me. The point is that he has something I don't have: financial freedom.

And as far as I know those other RSD guys don't focus on creating financial freedom, so I don't get the comparison.

Edited by StarStruck

I don't like stage orange. Especially the bragging type of stage orange. They can be successful but they can only go so  far. 

To me a pure stage orange (without green) is like driving  a very high efficiency car that gives great performance but completely ruins the environment by exploiting it to the max and using it only for car racing. It has no purpose or direction on a systems level of thinking. It's hollow because it lacks a deeper purpose and substance. 

But it's only a good resource. Perhaps more like resource wasted. 

I have seen orange people who want a great successful business but these businesses exploit people, of course they get rich and successful but at the expense of damage to someone in the process or completely redundant with the only value being pure entertainment (race cars?) which I find it very shallow and even unnecessary. 

Green is someone who combines system based thinking and incorporates a higher purpose and cares about the ecosystem not just individual needs. 

So it chimes with nature because it's wholesome. 

A lot of people think that green is lazy. Actually that's not true. Green is not being without strength or vigor.. 

The vigor of the Orange is superficial and not driven by an inner drive but mostly by raw ambition, obsession and greed. Sometimes vanity. 

They usually make statements like "i can fly to four star hotels. I make big money. I can make this happen in the quickest time. I am the big fish. I don't need to work a day in my life. I have made millions."

To me such people are hollow in their purpose. They rely on society to do something to feel important. 

If you really dissect their psychology you realize that they live in a Scarcity mindset. So their Scarcity needs to be compensated by an excessive load of power and achievements. 

Green people operate from an abundance mindset. They don't care what people think. They do what is needed for the universal purpose. They want to incorporate the greater good in their plans. Of course such visions are very extravagant and need a ton of work and motivation and patience so such goals are obviously going to look empty or impossible for a stage Orange person looking for instant gratification, instant achievement 

The stage Green person has transcended his Ego and no longer sees the need to satisfy his ego as the ultimate goal of his endeavours. He sees the dream as a vision of the future, a dream not meant to put him on a pedestal but to bring greater good and Flourishing for everyone. The fruits of his success not being a pat on the back, he is not suffering from messianic delusion to want a congratulatory prize or validation of his own Ego but the sharing of the outcome of his labor so that everyone benefits. It's obviously a higher cause that a closed minded Scarcity mentality stage Orange person can never grasp. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

The stage Green person has transcended his Ego and no longer sees the need to satisfy his ego as the ultimate goal of his endeavours.

This is wrong, green usually always has a massive ego as well, just in the opposite direction of orange. Tier 2 is the first stage that transcends ego in any way, but it still has it as well. 

Just now, fridjonk said:

This is wrong, green usually always has a massive ego as well, just in the opposite direction of orange. Tier 2 is the first stage that transcends ego in any way, but it still has it as well. 

The green with a massive ego is an unhealthy green. 

with every stage of SD, there is healthy and unhealthy. You can have a healthy Orange who knows how to keep his ego in check and only use his resources for the best purposes without selflessness. 

Yet you can have a Green who does things only to attract greater fame. But that's like hypocrisy. 

A true green transcends Ego. 

23 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Consept Personally I don't resonate with Derek. He is arrogant and mean. He brags a little too much. If I were a little bit childish, I wouldn't take a program with him so I get what you are saying. His negative aspects don't affect me. The point is that he has something I don't have: financial freedom.

And as far as I know those other RSD guys don't focus on creating financial freedom, so I don't get the comparison.

I get you, you know what put me off him? i was watching his video and he started talking about how he doesnt work out but when he did go the gym he could do 700ibs on the leg press, this lasted about 5-10 mins. I just thought thats cool but im not learning much lol. But theres no reason why you cant find someone who teaches financial freedom and you resonate with, i do amazon and ebay and i learnt from the start up bros and i also really like wholesale ted - 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8wczy7734jKPhiR2UkS9A

@Consept

Do you think statistics is relevant to financial success? 

Let's say the whole world is a cake. This cake represents money. Now each one of us needs to get a piece of the cake. You catch my drift. 

Do you ever get those thoughts? 

@Preety_India I think that's where stage turqouise come in. A stage turqouise person regognize some of the unhealthy aspects of stage green and transcends that. So maybe you have some turqouise values in you? Based on what I've read from you I get the sense that you actually have a lot of turqouise qualities, and I view you as more developed than many people I would consider green. That's just my view though and I don't know you personally so I couldn't tell for sure.

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Consept

Do you think statistics is relevant to financial success? 

Let's say the whole world is a cake. This cake represents money. Now each one of us needs to get a piece of the cake. You catch my drift. 

Do you ever get those thoughts? 

Im not sure exactly what you mean, are you saying that theres a finite amount of money and we all need to go and get it or something like that?

@Consept

I meant the rat race. Competition. How do you account for the financial success of each and every client/person when you know the market is very competitive? 

Do you think that everyone can cut it? 

Just curious 

19 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Consept

I meant the rat race. Competition. How do you account for the financial success of each and every client/person when you know the market is very competitive? 

Do you think that everyone can cut it? 

Just curious 

Ah right ok good question. So the absolute most important thing i think in business is your mindset, if you want to be an independent financially free person you have to think in that way. What i see a lot from teaching people about Amazon fba for example is that they have the job mindset so theyre asking questions like how many hours will i do and how much am i likely to make per hour, when you work for yourself it definitely doesnt work like that, its like youre hunting for your food, youre not an a zoo just getting your daily steak. So you have to do however many hours is required you dont clock in and clock out. 

So this mindset holds them back because they just dont see it as possible even if they pretend it is their actions dont show that. So thats definitely the biggest hurdle to get over and you can do this by seeing others that have done what you want to do learning their stories and then maybe just dipping your toe in to prove your concept. 

In regards to if there is enough money out there, there definitely is but it comes down to research so what do people want, can you get a good price for it, where can you find a niche. For example if your passion is boxing and you want to sell boxing gloves what do people that buy them want from them, have a look at the reviews what are people complaining about etc. 

The fact is its definitely possible because people are doing it so you just have to be resourceful and find out how you can as well. I dont think its competition that holds people back because there are too many people that start things and dont follow through so this then confirms their theory that its not possible. Id say in my experience its mindset, just as a little example, ive been doing alright on amazon and some people know this if they ask i encourage them to do it and offer my advice, i mustve told at least 20 people in detail how i make money and how they can do it, some have even paid me, do you know how many are actually doing? none, most never tried and the ones that did were making money but it wasnt quick enough for them and they didnt see it as a business. 

In fact i started the podcast below because i was tired of wasting time telling everyone that asked and them not even follow through, i thought ill just record it once and direct them to the podcast if they still got questions im happy to help

Edited by Consept

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

The green with a massive ego is an unhealthy green. 

with every stage of SD, there is healthy and unhealthy. You can have a healthy Orange who knows how to keep his ego in check and only use his resources for the best purposes without selflessness. 

Yet you can have a Green who does things only to attract greater fame. But that's like hypocrisy. 

A true green transcends Ego. 

Almost every stage has an ego, even turquoise. Being a human almost always involves some way of having an ego.

There are stages beyond turquoise that are not bound by ego. 

Edited by fridjonk

@fridjonk

I think people can have the ability to transcend ego even at different stages. 

But the Ego is more explicit at the lower stages in my opinion and the ego is either implicit or diminished as we grow through the stages. Just my opinion. I wouldn't know because I haven't transcended much. 

@Preety_India Ye, just depends on how you define ego really. There doesn't seem to be a concrete agreement on that anywhere. :D

He has some solid insight into how the economy works and how it's driven by human behavior. But this guy is something else, solid stage yellow business and life advice. I also recommend checking out his Joe Rogan interview

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

TheAlchemist, I agree at the moment Naval seems to be the guy who has most of all for me. I am looking for intellectuals who have less blindspots. He seems to be one of them. 

First I tried it with Zizek but it did not workout. Then Eric Weinstein but he has also lots of blindspots. 

I just relistened to the podcast yesterday with him and Tim Ferriss and that was quite nice. I am going to listen more to his work. 

I was following RSD for years. The Derek guy was never on my radar. Lately he is doing more marketing and I checked him out. He is really hard to digest. He feels really not likable. 

Edited by Epikur

If you cut through the bull he has some good things to say.

If you're at Orange, a no-nonsense teacher like Derek can be very useful. And even at Green it's useful. He's teaching you how to get shit done. How to be pragmatic and grounded.

Many of you lack that. It's a good thing to spend a few years training up.

Too much YT spiritual talk makes you soft and weak.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you're at Orange, a no-nonsense teacher like Derek can be very useful. And even at Green it's useful. He's teaching you how to get shit done. How to be pragmatic and grounded.

Many of you lack that. It's a good thing to spend a few years training up.

Too much YT spiritual talk makes you soft and weak.

What about Dan Lok?