meow_meow

How this changed my life!

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

So I've been into self-actualization, self-improovement for about a year now. (meditation ~6 months on daily basis) Recently got into enlightenment.
I just wanted to share with ya'll my story and how Leo (His videos) inspired me (helped me change my mindset) changed my life to the better, and how this started for me.

So I'm 27 years old currently and it all started approx 1 year ago. -

I was heavily 'depressed', had suicidal thoughts, had a serious gambling addiction, I hated my job which was a debt collector (Via phone) in a huge corporate company. I had 'problems' with my family (which was only my mother since my parents divorced ~15 years ago) I was overweight and unhealthy. I didn't have a girlfriend (she dumped me) and maybe 1 - 2 people to talk to from time to time. Every day drinker, and I wasn't a stranger to drugs (stimulants, coke, molly)

But even that didn't get me into self help (I had no idea of what self help even is by that time). How I got into this is actually something I never expected to happen.

At my workplace the colleagues were mostly (90%) women, and well - they were disrespectfull towards me, since I could never stand up for myself and never had an opinion on my own or 'back-bone' so to speak. People were just walking all over me, And.. we'll eventually I got sick of that and I started searching web for advice of how to handle women.. And what do you know - I stumbled upon - Eliot Hulse (His old videos). 

So I started watching those, and a lot of his videos included stress relief methods, mindsets (the way of the warrior) etc which of course were very interesting for me at that time since 'my life' was a complete mess. He also talked about working out as a way to release natural anti-depressant hormones - endorphins, so I started working out a little bit, cut back on alcohol as much as I could .. and well - one thing led to another and like a chain reaction (less alcohol, more working out, becoming stonger mentally etc) my life started to get slightly better and I actually felt better (for a while, since ego backlash happened) .. after a while I got back into drinking and drugs again - but it was slightly different this time (this time I was aware of what I'm doing).

One day feeling like suiciding again I stumbled upon Leo's video 'How societly fucks you in the ass' - (It might be slighlty different) - Which was quite eye opening for me, and from that point I started searcing for more Leo's videos - 'Neurosis, Distraction, How You lie, How to stop being a victim' and other fundamentals of self-help. I was highly sceptical towards this at that time, but anyway - eventually I started applying some exercises into my daily life - 'Visualisations, thought filter (the toughest one IMO), positive self talk' And... Hell it was emotionally hard work - I even cried from time to time lol. 

Anyway - I lost ~ 10kg = 22lb | Completely shifted carreers (this was extremelly hard) | Now regullary working out in Gym | Currently working on my own business idea | Recently mooved out of my parents, and now living on my own. | I don't feel depressed anymore - since It was mostly because I just sucked ass at managing and being aware of my emotions. And Since I now know and am aware of these emotions - , urges of gambling/drugs/alcohol are close to none or minimal from time to time, but I manage them - by sitting alone in quite room, letting the cravings 'go trough me' untill eventually they pass.

It's amazing how far you can actually get with this - it's amazing. I've been meditating on daily basis for ~ 6months now. And just got into enlightenmemt.. We'll see where this goes.

I don't know if Leo is ever going to read this - but I'd like to give away a huge, HUGE THANK YOU for what you're doing. You cant even imagine how helpfull and life changing this was and still is for me!

So what's your story? What got you into this journey of self-actualization?

Edited by meow_meow

I never thought about self actualization. I had no clue about it. 

What got me into it? 

Well I accidentally clicked on Leo's video some 3 years ago. xDxD  This was that video. And after watching that video, everything changed for me and here I am today. 

This video changed my life. Huge thanks to Leo Gura for making it. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Great story, very inspiring. Wishing you the best moving forward :) 

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

@meow_meow Happy to hear it, bro :)

But you have no idea yet how good is gets.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

So what's your story? What got you into this journey of self-actualization?

I've been having a problem with the education system since I got admitted to a school that didn't value actual learning (I knew what learning was only because the previous school I studied in valued learning above grades or other stupid shit but my classmates probably didn't know that - they probably didn't know what actual learning was - otherwise I have no idea how they were able to tolerate it). I found it hard to motivate myself to study in such an environment. I got interested in psychology. Seeing videos related to these, YouTube's brilliant algorithm recommended me Sandeep Maheshwari's Last Life Changing Seminar. I was blown away by how he thinks. I love a different perspective on things. It was then I started watching more videos on self-development and thus my journey began.

Edited by Seeker_of_truth

My first video was “What is consciousness?” like 2 years ago. It got recommended on my YT because at the time I watched a lot of videos about consciousness, the universe, etc. I loved science videos. But all those videos were, like always, just theories, ideas, and all that stuff. Just mental masturbation.

But that Leo’s video was something different. I had no clue at the time what he was talking to be honest, but there was something about it. The way he spoke – the conviction and everything. I mean how could someone speak about consciousness – the greatest mystery of the universe – and be so sure about it? I had this intuition that it couldn’t be bullshit. There has to be something. This guy knows something…

That led me, of course, to watching all other videos.

"Life has a way of pushing us in the right direction."

Damn man! That was one of the most inspiring stories I heard in a while. Really happy for you! Keep it going ;)