mandyjw

Just Imagine

456 posts in this topic

Response to a thread I wrote that I wanted to copy here. 

Other people are thoughts, unless they are in our presence. You don't actually like or dislike anyone, what you like or dislike is the thoughts you have about them. This is based on how thinking those thoughts feels to you. We assume that another person is a solid, objectifiable thing that we can judge, but it's not, it's always a concept outside our present experience and our relationships with others are a cluster of judgments, thoughts and feelings. 

If you want to act out of what we could call Infinite Love or Truth, you always, always choose the best feeling thought you can about another person. 

If you believe the person has reality, objectifiable existence and substance on their own outside of thoughts you'll have a multitude of reasons you believe in to continue to think thoughts about them that don't feel good and aren't True. 

"That person is jealous of me and wants to see me fail." feels bad.

"That person is inspired by something I'm reflecting and sees me as a threat because of their own fear. How can I help them own the inspiration and automatically in doing so, forget the fear?"  feels good. 

In both those thoughts above you're still "imagining" the person. You still interact with people but it changes how you do so because you've completely redefined what YOU are and what OTHERS are.  There is no longer any excuse whatsoever to not meet reality and others with unconditional love. You are the meeting itself. Nothing else makes sense anymore. Nothing else feels better. Life goes on, much better, with much more connection and love than ever before. There's nothing scary or lonely about it. If it were to be scary or lonely, there'd still be a you and an other for those things to even come up at all. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 6/25/2020 at 0:46 PM, mandyjw said:

I was at the river recently and tried to catch an eel with my hands. Only instead of trying to catch the eel I tried with my mind to command my hand movements to prove to myself that I was doing it and watched how the reflexes and physical movements and conscious direction from my mind were interlinked. They were entirely disconnected but seemed somewhat connected. To my mind. 

My mind is just an asshole party crasher sometimes. 

Mind be so stupid. It's like "Get off the forum you bitch loser! Go fake (MAKE, typoed the word "fake", what's going on here?) some fucking money!" 

When my biggest dream is to write. a book,

REALLY, your biggest dream in life is to WRITE a BOOK, no one has ever WRITTEN A BOOK. WRITE A BOOK IS A MISNOMER! They have just written.

Books are. Ok. Duh. Never "saw" that before. 

Yet, I'm telling myself I shouldn't be writing. xD

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Went for a run and saw a post it note throw out. Turned it over to see if anything was written on it. There wasn't.  I remember that I forgot something. Laughed about that possibility. 

In the past week or two I've really contemplated how attraction, beauty, likes and dislikes are all imaginary. Hubby could care less about my yoga shorts cause I wear them all the time but if I throw a dress over them it's another story. Nude beaches are the least sexy thing ever. 

We conceal to feel.

The lyrics to this song never cease to amaze me. 

Younger

Seinabo Sey

There's a conclusion to my illusion
I assure you this
There's no end to this confusion
If you let it wish you well
Soul to sell
Highest bidders, can't you tell what you're getting?
There is a light to all this darkness
I will tell you this
There's redemption in you asking them just why it is
Some answers are better left unspoken
When you know you ain't getting any

Younger, younger, younger, are you?
You ain't getting any

Why we fight to get on loving I've been wondering
How your mind will leave you hanging your heart lingering
Stay lost
Then found by whoever stays around, forgetting
There is a way to be yourself, I assure you this
There's a way to catch your dreams without falling asleep
You might as well get it while you can, babe
'Cause you know you ain't getting any

"The key to "deadpan" is the use of "pan" as theatrical slang for "the face" (reflecting the use of "pan" to mean "skull," found as early as 1330). ... So the old word for skull gave pan, which was adopted to mean face. From there, pan entered American slang in the early 1920s"

Today I saw a dead fox. I was marveling over how some idiot put these black wooden silhouettes out that freak you out that someone is walking out into the road in front of you. The right after that an actual black bear went across the road in front of me. xD

Lots of random synchronicity led me here, and... it has 66.6 million views.  xD

You're imagining reality on the fly. 

“Trust your wound to a teacher’s (God) surgery. Flies collect on a wound. They cover it, those flies of your self-protecting feelings, your love for what you think is yours. Let a Teacher wave away the flies and put a plaster on the wound. Don’t turn your head. Keep looking at the bandaged place. That’s where the Light enters you. And don’t believe for a moment that you’re healing yourself.” - Rumi

Edited by mandyjw

I started a blog for nonduality. 

https://mandylightonearth.blogspot.com/

I'm probably going to put some old stuff I've written up there as I come across it. I'll probably continue my journal with my random, spontaneous freedom that I currently love so much and post the "useful" stuff to the blog. Although my perceived differences between creative expression and knowledge sharing is starting to die. 

“The man, the art, the work--it is all one.”
― Eugen Herrigel

Edited by mandyjw

"I imagine" you will appreciate this video as it shares similar content with your recent shadow work video, plus expands on Eckhart Tolle's pain body's, and how to release it

Shared from @Anderz (great breakdown video share and exploring the ego/pain body connection)

M: Attachment destroys courage. The giver is always ready to give. The taker is absent. Freedom means letting go. People just do not care to let go everything. They do not know that the finite is the price of the infinite, as death is the price of immortality. Spiritual maturity lies in the readiness to let go everything. The giving up is the first step. But the real giving up is in realizing that there is nothing to give up, for nothing is your own. It is like deep sleep — you do not give up your bed when you fall asleep — you just forget it.

Oh, there's no time to sleep
Oh, living in a dream

Still gotta take the time to write the story of how this video got made. 

I dreamed that the town plumber (the second rate one, not the first rate onexD) was going to be my son's new teacher and some other random "facts" and complete nonsensical revelations. There's this sense in the dream of playing along in thought and emotion, even though it's BS and there's even something that knows that it is BS. Even though, the character plays along in thought and emotion and experience just the same. Dream Mandy does not detach from anything at all. She still doesn't want the plumber to teach her son's class. It's not all kumbaya. But it is.

And I realized that that's what dreams are, the function of the mind to play along, like a movie playing on its own. And realizing it's a dream is a condition, within the dream!!! xDxDxD Lucid dreaming is a dream. You cannot detach from something you were never a part of

Oh. 

Come play with me, play with me! Go ahead, put your heart and soul into it. I'll love you, I'll delight you, I'll fill your heart to the brim with joy and ecstasy, then I'll crush them and make you want to believe you never owned them at all. You'll spend your life trying to figure out how to throw them away so I can never do it to you again. 

You'll detach yourself from them, you'll think you're healed and you'll rejoice at what you've done. And then, unbidden like the tell tale heart, the haunting begins. 

"tear up the planks! here, here! --It is the beating of his hideous heart!"

Come play with me, come play with me!

And then I'll reveal to you that they never were at all.

Ta DA!

And yet you are and the only thing you ever believed in that wasn't is the belief of loss itself. How can you believe in loss, how can you believe in the absence of something when a thought is the making of nothing into a thing? 

Holy shit. Who wrote this story? 

https://www.poemuseum.org/the-tell-tale-heart

"His fears had been ever since growing upon him. He had been trying to fancy them causeless, but could not. He had been saying to himself --"It is nothing but the wind in the chimney --it is only a mouse crossing the floor," or "It is merely a cricket which has made a single chirp." Yes, he had been trying to comfort himself with these suppositions: but he had found all in vain. All in vain; because Death, in approaching him had stalked with his black shadow before him, and enveloped the victim. And it was the mournful influence of the unperceived shadow that caused him to feel --although he neither saw nor heard --to feel the presence of my head within the room."

"And have I not told you that what you mistake for madness is but over-acuteness of the sense?"

"-I undid it just so much that a single thin ray fell upon the vulture eye."

"I smiled, --for what had I to fear?"

xDxDxD

"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! --tear up the planks! here, here! --It is the beating of his hideous heart!"

Edited by mandyjw

@Johnny5 WHEW! :o:D

I read Moby Dick about the same time I started getting into enlightenment and consciousness work stuff. Probably only got 1% of the depth out of it, but it was 100% enough.

Edited by mandyjw

@Johnny5 I have heard lots about him around here but haven't read anything by him. I know Terrence McKenna was a huge fan of Moby Dick too.

@zeroISinfinity is accidentally causing a whole bunch of synchronicity for me today, made me remember this scene

5 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Come play with me, come play with me!

I decided to visit Dr.P's grave today. I really wanted to leave him a red rose from my garden. It's silly, I know. When I got there the poison nightshade plant was in bloom and there was an enormous bumble bee pollinating it. I sat on the stone slab which was still very warm from the sunlight during the day and watched the bee. He stayed quite a while, then flew all around and went up to me and then flew off. I left the rose, and the deep red looked so strikingly pretty against the dark gray moss spotted pink granite slab. The whole cemetery is just incredibly beautiful. Impossibly beautiful. 

On the way out I saw three goldfinches. I had an impulse to check a free book box and when I opened it right on the top was this. 

vanish.jpg

It even has a Rumi quote in it.

"Neither the world nor the imagination can comprehend the rose." -Rumi

Edited by mandyjw

@zeroISinfinity Can't really lose anyone if there aren't any other people, though. 

Maharaj: The outer self and the inner both are imagined. The obsession of being an ‘I’ needs another obsession with a ‘super-I’ to get cured, as one needs another thorn to remove a thorn, or another poison to neutralize a poison. All assertion calls for a denial, but this is the first step only. The next is to go beyond both.

Cause every rose has it's thorn and poison nightshade grows wild on the grave of an herbal healer. 

A mouse? :S

On 7/4/2020 at 2:42 AM, zeroISinfinity said:

Shooting myself in foot with that. 

You’re never getting rid of me. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE