Huz

Yaza - Late Night Sitting

52 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Have you been to Budapest? My husband is originally from Szekesfehervar which is about an hour away from Budapest. It's a beautiful city.

Yeah I went last year with friends from university. It is my favourite place I have been too in Europe. Such a cool city. The night life is ridiculous and absolutely loved the spas. Made me feel like an ancient Roman when I went to them, then they turn it into a massive party during the night. Oh yeah and went on a boat party we had this view of the parliament building. 

11692695_10153294521981141_1511204493317980469_n-1.jpg

Lol bit of topic of self-actualisation, but anyone who top authentic value is travel ( which are key to your happiness) then I recommend you go Budapest.

Edited by Huz88

1 hour ago, Huz said:

Yeah I went last year with friends from university. It is my favourite place I have been too in Europe. Such a cool city. The night life is ridiculous and absolutely loved the spas. Made me feel like an ancient Roman when I went to them, then they turn it into a massive party during the night. Oh yeah and went on a boat party we had this view of the parliament building. 

11692695_10153294521981141_1511204493317980469_n-1.jpg

Lol bit of topic of self-actualisation, but anyone who top authentic value is travel ( which are key to your happiness) then I recommend you go Budapest.

Seeing the parliament building from across the water at night was one of the most beautiful cityscapes I've ever seen. We didn't get a chance to go to any of the bath houses, when we went a few years ago but it's on the to-do list for the future. The bath houses actually come from the Turkish influence in Hungary since Turkey occupied Hungary for a reasonable chunk of time... if memory serves. The Buda castle is really pretty too. 

Enrollment now open for my Shadow Work Group Class! Limited spots available. 

Click here to learn more!

11 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Seeing the parliament building from across the water at night was one of the most beautiful cityscapes I've ever seen. We didn't get a chance to go to any of the bath houses, when we went a few years ago but it's on the to-do list for the future. The bath houses actually come from the Turkish influence in Hungary since Turkey occupied Hungary for a reasonable chunk of time... if memory serves. The Buda castle is really pretty too. 

Really, didn't know that. I assumed they were Roman. Yeah, just was reading up on it, the new bath houses which are there now are Turkish. The Romans colonized the area West of River Danube to make use of the springs - they built their baths there, but they are in ruin now. Yeah saw the castle from the river also, was very nice. And I love the citadel - was a workout to get to the top though!

On 7/1/2016 at 11:44 AM, cetus56 said:

My mind is reluctant to experience death again.  Something in me is drawn to it, it's a fantastic experience because all fear of death falls away. But the mind doesn't want to go there again if it realizes what's in store for it. 

@cetus56Can you explain more about what you mean about experiencing death again? Are you speaking of a near death experience that you had in the past? Or is dying just what happens when you get deep into meditation?

I saw a show on the history channel that spoke of people that had near death experiences and what the saw.. It sounded something like the end of interstellar 

Edited by Atom
Spelling

There is one thing I have to tell you! I don't know how this will affect my sits but here in nothern Sweden during the summer the sun never goes down and I'm not sure what effects this will have on my sittings.  During my night sits I have done them after about 2-3 hours of sleep. This night I did my third Yaza, this time it was 45 minutes but in cross legged. I havent gotten to this "sleeping while being awake state" in meditation and "being awake while sleeping state" when I go to bed but I still notice that I go deeper than usual in meditation while doing this and I plan on doing this for a week. That's four more days. 

I've decided to stay away from the chimpernet for a week more or less  but I'm supposed to go to church on every sunday and I wanted to check this out a little quick. I'll return in about 3-4 days to tell you how it's been going. How many of you is up for making this a habbit for a week or so? :D 

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

10 hours ago, Atom said:

@cetus56Can you explain more about what you mean about experiencing death again? Are you speaking of a near death experience that you had in the past? Or is dying just what happens when you get deep into meditation?

I saw a show on the history channel that spoke of people that had near death experiences and what the saw.. It sounded something like the end of interstellar 

@Atom Shinzen Young mentions dying in the video above when you dip below a certain level of consciousness in meditation. It does give the impression of what a nde could be like for some ppl. It's an ego death experience. The first time it happens it can sometimes feel like you had experienced death.  Leo said in one video that he felt somewhat depressed after he experienced it the first time. It all depends on how big your ego is and sense of self but most ppl would feel it to some degree. It's like the first true full realization that everything you thought you were all your life was a lie. That's not always so easy to except. It's a death of self that the mind doesn't want to face or accept. I experienced it twice and the 2nd time it was totally acceptable. It wasn't such a shock.

@cetus56 http://www.palikanon.com/english/wtb/b_f/bhavanga_sota.htm

Did it today. Interesting experiences. I cannot really tell what exactly causes what, so there might be other influences that day, but that's what happened. Meditation was alternating between sleepiness and dropping into some sort of peace. Then during dream some of the awareness seemed still there. Different aspects seemed to resolve themselve and dreams were easier to remember. I don't know if it's even helpful to describe or evaluate the experiences. I'm not really interested in that, but I certainly will experiment with the practice as such the next days.

@Toby Wow thanks for finding that. I looked again this morning and missed it. Sometimes we have experiences and we find ourselves asking "WTF was that?" - "dipping below the bhavanga-sota"  O.K.!

Did it again yesterday - 4 a.m., 45 minutes of No Manipulation meditation ("Meditation for Beginners" video), eyes closed (well, there was manipulation - in meditations I always try to sit straight and not move). Comprating to the first time, noe there was a lot of suffering. Physically I felt like shit. I almost gave up, because I felt so bad physically. At the same time there was this sleepy stability, when body likes to not move and sit quiet. Again, I was quite aware, almost did not drift to sleep. 

Those, for whom 1hour+ strong determination sitting is too easy, and they eat chili pepper before it, to increase suffering in the "purification=suffering*equanimity) formula, could probably try this night meditation instead.

So this is going to be a bit late but whatever... I did it for a week for about 45-60 minutes per night after about 3 hours of sleep. The first night I think I had en enlightenment experience but it's not really a new thing to me and it felt very basic that night. The other nights where quite fun aswell but not as well as the first night. I got sleep deprived after about 4 days but I will do another one next week for sure.

Hallå

@Huz Thanks for the video - just what i was thinking about in the last days / weeks.

All the best 9_9