Jo96

Emerging internet censorship through search algorithms

23 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone had noticed the steady decline of the search algorithms on say google or YouTube. I remember 5-10 years ago you could search a topic that was somewhat controversial or non mainstream topic and you could find a lot of useful research/ news articles/ YouTube videos on them. I think it started with journalism then slowly google began to change there search algorithms to power dopamine friendly responses and now finally after COVID 19 and president trump and the tea party movement there’s been a radical shift to de platform all conspiracy theories/ controversial topics on YouTube through demonetizing and putting videos on the bottom of search algorithms. 

At first I was thinking this was alright as they would only remove the stupid nonsensical videos like flat earthers and some racist red pill neo nazi videos but honestly as things begin to progress more and more I can see that this is so dangerous and now some you tubers who post psychedelic videos are being censored. I feel like we need to do something as a community. We need to find an alternative platform or someone should organize some alternative news/ search algorithm. Am I crazy or have you guys noticed this too? 

This is happening for me too. Things are not flat-out getting deleted, but they are either demonetized or pushed way down the search so people can't find them.

Edited by erik8lrl

I love how if you search google for "Good things about trump" then the first 3 results are about positive things about Trump, then there is couple neutral things and after that, all results are just bashing him and not even closely related to what I searched.

Then I do the same with duckduckgo, and the resulta actually describe what was being searched for.

Im not Trump supporter, far from it, but I dont like the idea that this same thing could happen to subjects like spirituality.

On 06/04/2020 at 0:26 AM, Jo96 said:

Am I crazy or have you guys noticed this too?

Google News feels biased to me everytime i care to rely on it or on people who do.

Yep, seems like anything that goes against the official narrative is being demonized and demonetized, 5G is basically banned from being talked about in the UK by broadcasters. 

Censorship is what the Nazis and Communists of old used to silence any other opinions. 

By removing free speech like this you play a very dangerous game, if a racist makes a post it's easy to dispute them and disprove them and they dace repercussions for their actions, so why can't this be done with other viewpoints? 

To me, if people want to censor something on a mass scale like this, maybe something is being hidden. 

This interview was censored instantly after upload as it mentioned 5G in relation to the virus, even though 60,000 people were in the livestream recording, and it was on track to go viral. Something seems a little off if David Icke is chatting complete Bullshit and lies, why can't they debate and disprove him, why do you need to censor something that is blatentely lies is my question? 

https://www.davidicke.com/article/567418/david-icke-live-london-real-today-330pm-uk

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I watched 10 minutes of that video, and he is not saying anything based on evidence. Listen to science and doctors. We know a lot about this virus. As to why he is censored, maybe they think it is dangerous for people to be misinformed at this time, people are dying or spreading the virus because they are misinformed. But you can definitely see the internet is controlled and censored to some degree. 

18 hours ago, erik8lrl said:

@LfcCharlie4 I watched 10 minutes of that video, and he is not saying anything based on evidence. 

He is saying things based on evidence from alternative sources which are not allowed into mainstream. I don't think that his evidence is strong enough to fully support his conclusions, but strong enough that we question the mainstream version and dig deeper into alternative perspectives.

18 hours ago, erik8lrl said:

. Listen to science and doctors. 

The same scientists who said the earth is flat a couple of centuries ago and now say that psychedelics are dangerous and sprituality bullshit?

@GreenWoods  Any form of Censorship requires further investigation in my view, Icke has been ridiculed as a nutter for 30 years, so if he is so crazy and talks absolute shit, why are they so worried? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Listen to research biased scientists? Science is an ever changing methodology of observation. Its constantly changing and corrupted by money.

Listen to doctors of failing allopathic medicine who are just glorified pharmaceutical drug pushers? LOL

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Censorship has been an ongoing problem for about 7 years now. You are correct in observing how bad it has become. 

The moment we stop blinding ourselves from the darker realities, the tides will turn. Our collective ego still stands, but it's losing steam. This is what the process of awakening looks like. Messy, but so very much needed. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise Exactly. 

Listen to the scientists, doctors and Big Pharma companies who want to keep you sick so they can make more $$$

Its amazing how much more you find out when you go in open minded without any bias, and actually listen to people and what they say! 

@GreenWoods

6 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

He is saying things based on evidence from alternative sources which are not allowed into mainstream. I don't think that his evidence is strong enough to fully support his conclusions, but strong enough that we question the mainstream version and dig deeper into alternative perspectives.

The same scientists who said the earth is flat a couple of centuries ago and now say that psychedelics are dangerous and sprituality bullshit?

That's the thing, what are the alternative sources? It could be completely made up for all we know. 

Open-mindedness is very important, but I think we also need some fact-based critical thinking to balance things. Blindly believing in either extreme is not healthy and often leads to delusion. 

Not all scientists are bad and some psychedelics can be very dangerous if used irresponsibly. Many scientists are working to legalize psychedelics and use them for therapy. Just because some scientists are not spiritual doesn't make them untrustworthy or make their work not valuable. 

Although the truth is mostly unattainable through science, good scientists are mostly open-minded enough to see all the perspectives. They are those of us that are observing the beauty of existence and trying to comprehend the magnitude of their own brilliance. 

It is kinda sad that we have little to nothing we can fully trust nowadays because people have been cheated too many times. 

1 hour ago, erik8lrl said:

@GreenWoods

That's the thing, what are the alternative sources? It could be completely made up for all we know. 

Open-mindedness is very important, but I think we also need some fact-based critical thinking to balance things. Blindly believing in either extreme is not healthy and often leads to delusion. 

Not all scientists are bad and some psychedelics can be very dangerous if used irresponsibly. Many scientists are working to legalize psychedelics and use them for therapy. Just because some scientists are not spiritual doesn't make them untrustworthy or make their work not valuable. 

Although the truth is mostly unattainable through science, good scientists are mostly open-minded enough to see all the perspectives. They are those of us that are observing the beauty of existence and trying to comprehend the magnitude of their own brilliance. 

It is kinda sad that we have little to nothing we can fully trust nowadays because people have been cheated too many times. 

You have to put in the time and read books that go against the mainstream narrative and make up your own mind. Your google searches aren't going to do it. Watching a few YouTube videos are not going to do it. Listening to people like David Icke and then saying "nah, it doesn't sound right." That's not going to do it. 

There is more than enough evidence in the mainstream for you to be suspicious enough of our leaders to dig deeper (in general). I argue it's our moral obligation. 

There's a lot of garbage in the conspiracy world, and people just use that to hide behind the term "conspiracy theory" to get you to laugh it off and look the other way. It's not all garbage. Learn about some of the more obvious conspiracies and then go from there. My suggestion is to go back to our past. Forget about trying to grasp this whole 5g Corona thing, because there is not enough solid evidence yet. 

@DivineSoda Yes, I'm not saying all conspiracies are false, in fact, I personally have researched some in the past and many are possibly true. I'm saying the same thing, to really know if something is true we need to investigate both sides fully. However, personally I just find some of these things go so deep and rarely can you find hard proof for them. As you said, we should find out for ourselves, but I think a lot of people just believe in the thing they want to believe and didn't actually investigate both sides fully. Which is why I said we should have a balance of open-mindedness and skepticism.  

Edited by erik8lrl

@LfcCharlie4 You might have already watched/listened to it but check out that London Real interview with Dr. Bruce Lipton that was done earlier today. Besides from being ineffective allopathic big pharma drug pushers, most doctors who were educated years ago know nothing about the science of epigenetics and the latest understanding on bacteria/viruses. 

The human body is electromagnetic and its already been shown that EMF frequencies disrupt the physiology. Doctors who say it doesn't are operating under an old paradigm or are in bed with the cell network companies. But 5g aside, this virus mortality rate (when taking to account the huge amounts of asymptomatic people not treated) is still on par with a normal seasonal flu virus! 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise I haven't done the research, but the main thing I wonder is if the virus is caused by 5G, which currently only five countries have (US, China, Japan, Germany, and South Korea), how are all the other countries getting the virus? What did you find to be the reason? 

16 minutes ago, erik8lrl said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise I haven't done the research, but the main thing I wonder is if the virus is caused by 5G, which currently only five countries have (US, China, Japan, Germany, and South Korea), how are all the other countries getting the virus? What did you find to be the reason? 

I don't believe the virus is caused by 5g. Who is saying that? 

This is a novel flu virus, and 5g might be exacerbating cases of it just like any other immune stressor would (ie. fear) but the media is overblowing the severity of it and pushing a fear narrative, while 5g, a health hazard is being unrolled rapidly and being censored to even discuss.

5g causing the virus or the virus actually being 5g is a strawman argument as far as I can tell. Its a nuanced issue and the media is reducing the concerns down to that strawman. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

@TrynaBeTurquoise Maybe it's because it literally is a strain of Flu renamed ;) 

I'm literally open to anything at this point, all I know is, it isn't the deadly virus the media tells us it is. 

I'm leaning towards it being the frontman for mass Vaccinations as part of Agenda 2030, if you haven't heard of that it's in the open from the UN and it's fucked. 

I'll watch that interview after the Wim Hof one, thanks, man!

@erik8lrl UK has 5G, I live here and every night they are putting up more nationwide. Even in rural Wales, which is the countryside. Also Elon Musk's sinister plan to blast it out globally through satellites has started I believe, or is starting soon. 

@GreenWoods Nice video

This one was filmed back in 2014