Victor Mgazi

What Ego Is

61 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

This thread demonstrates that people love confused complexity. Not clear simplicity. Leo cleared it up in 2 sentences. But the mind wants to go on and on entangling itself in a web of vague concepts.

But that is this forum in a nutshell. The blind leading the blind. Most of the time anyway.

Some people like to keep it simple and just accept simplicity as it is.  Leo’s simple, yet to the point perception works for some people.  Personally, I like to go deeper into the micro and macro cosmic spaces of consciousness and all the dream states. 

Stating the sky is Blue, and accepting it at face value that it is blue is okay for some.  But for me personally, I want to know where the blue begins and ends? What is it composed of? How much oxygen is there in each layer? What relationship does the blue sky have with the ground, ocean, people, plants, clouds etc., etc…..

God Consciousness, the psyche, Physical mind consciousness, the multitude of dreams states in formlessness and in form, and how that all relates and interacts with the Ego, our thoughts, ideas, imagination, beliefs, feelings and emotion is much more complex than a simple two sentence belief or perception.

Again, I am not knocking down simplicity.  To each his own.  I personally like complexity, even if it is confusing at times.  Sharing is how we all learn.  There is no right or wrong.

Resonate, or not resonate, do as you like, and live a day long!

Edited by DLH

I like to describe the ego as the dysfunctional survival mechanism that's outlived its usefulness. It's a compilation of different things tied together...Ego is separation...ego is lack... ego is the unfulfillable seeking energy... the ego always wants more.

More money more power more sex more love more enlightenment.. it's never satisfied.

It's my belief that the ego somehow knows it isn't real and has to perpetuate it's illusory existence by continuing to seek something that is always just out of its grasp... that's how it stays alive.

The egos favorite quote would then be:

" seek but do not find" --Ego ?

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Nahm

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

ego = universe. 

Stop exposing Infinite Love with all sorts of indentifications, beleifs etc which in turn make Infinite Love appear is specific way. 

They Will not bare enlightenment in full scope. I can bet in anything. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

On 05/04/2020 at 7:03 AM, Victor Mgazi said:

It's the attachment to imaginary form.

Well said

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

24 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@Nahm

Stop exposing Infinite Love with all sorts of indentifications, beleifs etc which in turn make Infinite Love appear is specific way. 

They Will not bare enlightenment in full scope. I can bet in anything. 

What does this have to do with the term " ego=universe" 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

May I say lavander man scares me away, he knows True Self so well. 

In order for one to truly have a ego death one must completely surrender his/her life. But that's not all, one must also genuinely realise that he/she never existed. It's a lot more difficult then it sounds.

I've completely underestimated the work that needs to be done here. I was quick to assume that I understand what I'm dealing with. The ego is one god of a devil. It's very nature is attachment, that's how it survives. Clinging to ideas and stories that only have to do with it's survival, and by it I don't mean the body. Ego doesn't care about the survival of the body or anything that has to do with it, no. Ego only cares about preserving itself which is the feeling of being a separate self.

With every attachment the mind is conditioned, and with every conditioning the ego is fed. Persuing enlightenment is itself perpetuating it's own preservation. You don't really want enlightenment. No, not really. Enlightenment is just something you've attached yourself to as a means to make your life more meaningful because the reality of it being meaningless terrifies you. You would rather take your chances with physical death than live a meaningless life, because meaninglessness is a direct threat to your survival. 

Ego is not something to be taken lightly. If anyone here is serious about realising truth then start taking your ego very very seriously, know it, appreciate it, and watch it. It's literally the biggest thing standing between you and your truth.

Just saying... 

10 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

In order for one to truly have a ego death one must completely surrender his/her life. But that's not all, one must also genuinely realise that he/she never existed. It's a lot more difficult then it sounds.

I've completely underestimated the work that needs to be done here. I was quick to assume that I understand what I'm dealing with. The ego is one god of a devil. It's very nature is attachment, that's how it survives. Clinging to ideas and stories that only have to do with it's survival, and by it I don't mean the body. Ego doesn't care about the survival of the body or anything that has to do with it, no. Ego only cares about preserving itself which is the feeling of being a separate self.

With every attachment the mind is conditioned, and with every conditioning the ego is fed. Persuing enlightenment is itself perpetuating it's own preservation. You don't really want enlightenment. No, not really. Enlightenment is just something you've attached yourself to as a means to make your life more meaningful because the reality of it being meaningless terrifies you. You would rather take your chances with physical death than live a meaningless life, because meaninglessness is a direct threat to your survival. 

Ego is not something to be taken lightly. If anyone here is serious about realising truth then start taking your ego very very seriously, know it, appreciate it, and watch it. It's literally the biggest thing standing between you and your truth.

Just saying... 

Have you seen this video bro it gives a great description on the ego what it's about and what it feels like to be dropped ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Have you seen this video bro it gives a great description on the ego what it's about and what it feels like to be dropped ❤

No, I haven't. I'll have to check it out at a later time. But you could give me the summary of its content if you will.

Here is a short trailer...?

@VeganAwake signal bro ? I couldn't even finish the trailer. But from what I've heard they talk about what I've mostly read from 'The path of Sri Ramana', same content, right? 

But I'll check out the full video as soon as I can.

13 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

@VeganAwake signal bro ? I couldn't even finish the trailer. But from what I've heard they talk about what I've mostly read from 'The path of Sri Ramana', same content, right? 

But I'll check out the full video as soon as I can.

Not sure about that...don't think so...the filmmaker describes it as the outer manifestation of his inner experience..

4 minutes ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

What ego ?  Where's the existence of an ego?

Ego and the Self – Osho. ... The ego is a substitute, it is a pseudo entity. Because you don't know yourself you have to create an artificial center; otherwise functioning in life will be impossible.

After Awakening it seems to have been a misidentification with nothing...

"All bad qualities centre round the ego. When the ego is gone, Realisation results by itself. There are neither good nor bad qualities in the Self. The Self is free from all qualities. Qualities pertain to the mind only"

- Ramana Maharshi

Edited by VeganAwake

4 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

When the ego is gone

The belief in a non existent ego is the obstruction to realizing there was never the existence of a thing called ego.

4 minutes ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

The belief in a non existent ego is the obstruction to realizing there was never the existence of a thing called ego.

But it can't be denied there's an apparent effect of the apparent ego before it's recognized it's unreality by no one...

Edited by VeganAwake

Until one accepts that their own ignorance is the cause of all the trouble and taking full responsibility for it,they will continue to blame it on some imagined second entity (ego,god,devil,whatever..) to avoid that responsibility. They are the cause and they are also the solution.

And as per Osho- "Because you don't know yourself,you have to create a substitute".
And the first step to "knowing thyself" ,is to take full responsibility for ones own ignorance instead of creating an imagined substitute to place the blame on.

Supplicating non dual philosophy to avoid taking responsibility such as ,"there's no one here to take responsibility" ,is a cop out and an escape to avoid taking such responsibility.

I mean anyone can say it's ignorance... yeah that's true but that's like saying the dehydrated poor fool in the desert following the Mirage of water up ahead is ignorant. Yeah it's ignorance until it's recognized it wasn't real. What's being pointed to is the misidentification still has an effect... that's why it's called an illusion it isn't real but it still has an effect. Ignorance or not.

It's not a real entity to be used as a bypass... it's an illusion that has the power to cause effect... but it was never duality.

"The ego construct wants more money, more power, more love, more of everything. Those on the so called spiritual path desires to be more spiritual, more awake, more equanimous, more peaceful, more enlightened.

Whenever there is a desire to attain something, you can be sure it is the ego construct at work.

The ego construct is nothing more than the impulse to repeat. It is simply the path that energy once took, and the tendency for the energy to take that path again, whether it is negative or positive for the organism"

-- Samadhi (Maya illusion of the self)

Edited by VeganAwake