Victor Mgazi

What Ego Is

61 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

The belief in a non existent ego is the obstruction to realizing there was never the existence of a thing called ego.

The ego first needs to be appreciated and understood, realising that the was never an ego will follow. The very belief is ego. 

One can't just realise that it's a belief then he will be free of obstruction because there was a time he knew nothing about ego and ego was present.

7 hours ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

Until one accepts that their own ignorance is the cause of all the trouble and taking full responsibility for it,they will continue to blame it on some imagined second entity (ego,god,devil,whatever..) to avoid that responsibility. They are the cause and they are also the solution.

I agree with this. But one can only accept their ignorance when they've seen it in action. It's not really about externalising ego, it's about identifying it. 

I have to be able to identify my obstruction in order to conquer it. Ego is imagined, yes. The idea that there is ego is the very effect of there being an ego. In order for me to rid ego I'll need to let go of all the beliefs that have led me to this belief, starting with the idea of an ego. I'll need to work backwards until I reach the belief of an I that now needs to work backwards. 

This is why I've defined ego as that which clings to imaginary form. Now instead of being attached I need to let go. Ego is non-existent, yes, but it's real. Reality is imaginary, so if course ego is imaginary. 

I'm not trying to externalise anything, I'm just simply stating that I'm aware of the work that needs to be done now. And that I had underestimated it before.