UpperClassWhiteBoy

Going on Walks COVID-19 edition

11 posts in this topic

Is it okay to go on walks, as long as you keep social distancing (6 feet) from people? I'd like to be able to leave the house and get some fresh air. I believe it's good for my mental health and it helps me wake up in the morning. I'm just wondering if this is okay, since Leo said that the virus is ramping up in the next two weeks and to stay in your house as much as possible. @Leo Gura

@UpperClassWhiteBoy that, of course, depends on where you are located (rules, health care system, ...). But unless there is a real lockdown where you are not allowed to leave the house at all and if you don't have a rather large private property I highly suggest you do some daily walks. If you lock yourself into a room you will go "crazy"... In Germany for example, next to shopping and visiting the doctor, it is especially allowed to got for a run or walk (max. groups of 2-3 ppl). Just make sure you don't touch anything, keep your distance and wash your hands afterward. I recommend doing it in areas with fewer people or at least in times of the day where fewer people are around. 

@UpperClassWhiteBoy It depends on your location. In the U.S. there is no national policy, each state has their own policy. In my state we are in “stay at home” - only “essential businesses” are open (such as grocery stores) and people can only leave their home for “essential reasons”, such as going to buy food. Yet my understanding is briefly going outside of a walk/exercise is ok, as long as you stay away from other people. If people don’t comply, law enforcement will get involved. Yet it might be different in your state.

Society has it all backwards. You need exposure to nature now more than ever, its the only thing that will keep your immunity at optimal levels.

You don't have to be stupid and run around jumping on people. just don't live in fear and hindering the bodies natural intelligence to protect itself.

Exposure to the sun, the dirt, the trees, the earth, its plants, waters and minerals will keep you miles ahead of everyone else hiding inside cleaning their hands every 20 seconds de-naturing themselves.

Don't forget you are nature. Do what is right regardless of what you are told and if you do it right, no one will notice.

Its not that serious as media. The earth is healing, behind the scenes, tune in.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto the concern is the probality of death at 4% if you catch it (although that is skewed towards older folks).  It also has an R value between 2 and 3 which makes it much more infectious than the common cold. Maybe you're fit and healthy and you don't care, but why be responsible for someone else's death? My parents are in their 70's, I would feel terrible if I had caused their deaths. The other problem is that of mutation, the greater the number of infections the more likely the chance of a mutation which could make Corona virus lethal. We're all directly responsible for that.

But you are right that we all need immunity and there's only one way to achieve that. And we need to keep our immune systems strong and going out for a walk is part of that.

It's a balancing act.

All stories and explanations are false.

18 hours ago, modmyth said:

Wow, we don't have that here. Pretty much all businesses are closed here though.

At this point it’s not law “enforcement”, more like law “encouragement” to comply. The police aren’t writing tickets. Yet I’ve heard they are in some European countries.

It seems like Washington State handled it pretty well and may be at the peak.

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

At this point it’s not law “enforcement”, more like law “encouragement” to comply. The police aren’t writing tickets. Yet I’ve heard they are in some European countries.

It seems like Washington State handled it pretty well and may be at the peak.

Yeah, in Ohio police aren't supposed to be pulling people over driving, but I did get an essential employee note at work, in cases it comes down to that, but anyway, they are supposed to be dispersing crowds of people if they see any.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I still go for a run, but don't really get all that close to people. It is outside, so I don't assume it is as risky there. Not to mention I jog past them typically. Try to go earlier and when it is raining. When it is both of those I hardly see anyone lol. 

Michigan cannabis stores are considered “essential business”. That’s a long way from the 1980s ?

Also keep in mind that the virus can stay airborne for up to three hours. So if you are walking in a public place, like a grocery store isle, you are walking by people that have been in that space for the last three hours. If a woman coughed in the aisle an hour before you arrived, the virus may still be lingering in the air.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Michigan cannabis stores are considered “essential business”. That’s a long way from the 1980s ?

Hahaha, unbelievable. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?